[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brake disc wear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Has anyone ever seen brake disc wear like this
-driven all weekdays most weekend days
-no play in wheel
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Closer
>>
>hard edge

Did you take out the pad and take a look? Because it looks like your pad's just fucked.
I'd add piston, but there's only one...
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14761772
Did not remove pad however took as good picture as I could
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Wrong picture
>>
>>14761781
your pad is defective.
>>
It's from rust, the rotor got rusted and pitted and the act of driving wore it back down, not all he way yet obviously.
Get new rotors and get new pads or just drive it, it it's not too noisy.
>>
File: broken-brake-pad.jpg (2MB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
broken-brake-pad.jpg
2MB, 3984x2241px
>>14761772
piston only applies pressure while the whole caliper assembly is supposed to distribute it evenly. the pics look like a chunk of the pad came off and the remainder didnt make full contact with the rotor. kind of like
>pic related
>>
>>14761786
this. take that shit back to autozone and bitch until they give you new pads and rotors
>>
>>14761781
you are pad is borked m8. look at those lines of deformation
>>
Your caliper is binding because it's probably rusted in place. You'll need to clean that rust off and lube the guide pins. There's probably no wear on the inside of the rotor.

The bad news is you will need a new rotor and pads.
>>
>>14761764

You drive like an old man

do a 100 mph brake stomp once a day, and you won see that shit again
>>
>>14761993
that's not how brake bedding works
the easy way to do it is
>do four or five 60mph to 10mph HARD stops to get the brakes nice and hot
>coast for about a mile to let the brakes cool down again, do your utmost NOT to come to a complete stop during this period, or use your brakes at all
>repeat
this sort of marries the rotors to the pads and has a laundry list of benefits, your best bet to do this is late at night on a highway
>>
>>14761993
>>14762012
>trolling poor op

Do not do this OP. I repeat, DO NOT DO THIS. Your brakes will uncouple and fail due to the heat.
>>
>>14762012

This is how you properly bed, it should be done every time you change rotors/pads
>>
>>14762796
oh god no don't bed the brakes as they are now, the rotors are fucked

but really you should re-bed any time you change pads OR rotors to properly mate the two surfaces
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.