[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$9.74 billion dollars in sales in a day How did he do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 8

File: Musk.png (56KB, 644x499px) Image search: [Google]
Musk.png
56KB, 644x499px
>$9.74 billion dollars in sales in a day

How did he do it?
>>
It's like the Apple products, really. Nobody cares about substance, just the name. With the key difference that this is actually not a pointless product. Though still overly complicated and hipster-y.
The actually good alternative drive cars just didn't have this kind of hype, so they didn't sell as well.
>>
>>14760165
christ... this is turning into a circle fuck
>>
>>14760180

How so?

If anything, you should be happy. Electric cars are coming to the masses. Progress has finally been made.
>>
>>14760185
The bolt is progress. You can go out and buy one and drive it.

The model 3 is an attempt to drum up enough interest in a starving company to sell it off and save face. Tesla is losing over a billion dollars a year, has less than a billion cash in hand, and is going to start getting hit with massive warranty costs on model Ses they sold at a loss.

Their showboating and shortcuts and cheats are all coming back to bite them in the ass.
>>
>>14760185
The most retarded way of doing an electric car in 2016 is catching on. You'll have to excuse my lack of enthusiasm.
>>
>>14760197

Tesla isn't losing money on each car it makes, each car is profitable, it simply has operating losses. This is how startups work. They burn up a lot of cash in R&D and infrastructure. In Tesla's case it literally had to build a worldwide infrastructure of charging stations, a factory big enough to produce the batteries it will need for its mass-scale production, and the opening of stores and service centers on a worldwide basis. And we're not talking about a startup phone, we're talking about an expensive piece of equipment.

They basically own the EV market right now, and EVs are the future of automobiles.
>>
>>14760197
The Model 3 is Tesla's first real attempt to be able to exercise any economy of scale. They have been operating as a relatively small and dependent company until now. Hopefully they can start to be profitable and pay back some of that r&d now. I'm not a Tesla guy, but this is how business works, and as the other guy previously said, Tesla basically owns the EV market right now. Having an affordable one will hopefully be a large step forward. I'm looking forward to seeing model 3s out on the road.
>>
>>14760170

Overly complicated compared to internal combustion? Stop talking out your ass kiddo.
>>
>>14760165
>10 year long waiting list
They wont go through with even half of these sales
>>
coupe/gran touring car when?
>>
>>14760227
He was obviously referring to the bullshit gimmicks that the car is know for, "kiddo"
>>
>>14760165
Was there a deposit for an order?
>>
>>14760405
$1000 to reserve
>>
>>14760405
Deposit is $1,000 to order one.

Think I'm going to pick one up. Enough superchargers now that I can travel to most places in the U.S. for no fuel cost.
>>
>>14760185
>Progress has finally been made.

[the current year]

>>14760407
So all these people have parted with at least some money? If so it's pretty impressive. Although I still hate the hype, as if these people were all leaf owners desperate for something different. They couldn't gaf, it's all about brand and self-image.
>>
>>14760360
It's electric. Touring large distances in short amounts of time is something you don't do in it.
>>
>>14760421
Yet.
>>
>>14760425
Put your money where your mouth is and start investing in li-air, because that's the only hope electric has at getting the same energy density as petroleum. And it still cant be charged in under 5 minutes.
>>
>>14760409
You're going to be put on a long waiting list if you weren't some of the first to do so
>>
>>14760443

Has Tesla said how many Model 3's they plan to make a year?
>>
>>14760214
>They basically own the EV market right now, and EVs are the future of automobiles.

Good lord no, the future is diesel-electric. Small diesel engines driving a generator, which drives the motors at the wheels. No heavy batteries, no 6 hours charge times and no hipster cred
>>
File: model_3_side_outside.jpg (88KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
model_3_side_outside.jpg
88KB, 950x534px
>>14760165
People in GB are going to buy this by the fucking ton because they're sick of paying for fuel. I know guys that are going to replace Audis and BMW's with it, and they don't give (much) of a fuck about the environment.

It's going to go mass market, watch it happen.
>>
>>14760170
Here's the problem: they were "good alternatives". This looks like it'll be better than that.
At $35k it's comparable price-wise to Nissan Leaf SV. A f*ing Nissan Leaf.
>>
>>14760409
>spend $40,000 on a car
>dur hur no gasoline cost
nevermind the fact that it will take the rest of your life for you to "save" $40,000 in gasoline costs
>>
>>14760165
>hfw only 20% of the orders are followed through on
>>
>>14760798
This is the main reason I'm not going to buy an electric car for some time, the startup costs are insane.

Even at $35,000/£30,000, that's still massively more than I would spend on petrol with a £5000 used BMW. I'll probably buy a Model 3/S about 15 years from now, when they're cheap enough to actually recoup the cost of purchase through fuel savings
>>
>>14760798
Nobody in Europe 'buys' a car, you lease one from increasingly corrupt finance companies. If the cars cost the same payment, the fuel saving is free money.

Once Yuro motorway services have the superchargers sales will just go crazy.
>>
>>14760803

The people buying these aren't poorfags with a £5000 budget. They were going to buy a $35,000-$50,000 car anyway, so might as well get one that doesn't have fuel costs.
>>
Vaporware + Kool Aid
>>
>>14761240

What does electricity cost? Fossil fueled power plants?

NIMBY environmentalism for Silicon Valley richie riches. Tasty Tesla Kool Aid.
>>
>>14761251

Assume a homeowner's cost of electricity is $0.10 per kwh, it's charger is 95% efficient, and knowing that the Tesla S batteries hold 60 or 85 kwh then each full charge would cost $6.30 to $8.91. Which is still far less expensive than filling up a 15 gallon tank unless you're like in Saudi Arabia or Kuwait.
>>
>>14761251
Portable gas engines are about half the efficiency of a gas powered power plant and charging your battery is either free at a super charger or a few dollars on the regular grid. I will admit that fanboys that think tesla's are completely clean and are saving the environment are annoying but the tesla rebuttal that it's the same or worse than a gas powered car because "electricity comes from gas that means you're gas also and battery = dirty lithium so just buy a gas car yah idiuht" needs to stop.
>>
>>14760757
You're sure it isn't Hydrogen? All we need is to solve Diffusion. And even storage can be taken care of by storing it in metals
>>
>>14761317

What happened with hydrogen powered cars anyway? I remember years ago it was every month or so news came out on "WOW NEW HYDROGEN POWERED CAR WILL GET 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 MPG!"

Then silence.
>>
>>14760165
Is california even able to pay that much in subsidies?
>>
>>14761323
Making hydrogen is massively energy intense and it's hard to store
>>
>>14761328

That $7,500 tax credit was on the federal level and only for the first 200,000 cars Tesla sells (I think they've sold like 60k so far now). After 200k, the tax credit starts declining down to zero.

I know Cali has state income tax and some cities have their own income tax as well. Not sure if they get a tax credit at the state/city level as well.
>>
>>14760757
Heavy batteries on the bottom give you a great low center of gravity and it actually takes about half an hour to charge at a super charger or you can just charge it at night when you're sleeping.
>>
>>14761323
To put it simply: It's pretty much in the same position Electric was a few years ago. It appears non-viable because there's something that massively cancels out the advantages.

In this case it's storage, creation of the energy (It's everywhere, but breaking Hydrogen bonds is hard) and that there aren't enough Hydrogen filling stations.
>>
>>14761337
I'm talking about the subsidies tesla gets
>>
>>14761348
Still too long for most people, we're all used to 5 minute fill ups
>>
>>14761357
Well short distance you never need to stop for 5 minutes because it's already charged from your house at night but long distance ya it will take 20ish minutes longer but I really don't see the big deal stopping for that long to take a piss break and get some food or whatever when you're traveling more than 215 miles. If you can't wait that long then that's fine by me I'm not one of those preachy fags that wants everyone to have an electric car, more gas for gas people right, but just realize you're in the minority and not the majority of people that think of that slight slight long distance flaw over all the benefits as a detrimental problem. Also when elon tried to implement battery swapping which would completely solve your problem because it costs around the same and takes the same amount of time, within a minute let's say, no one gave a shit about it because waiting 20 extra minutes for a free charge when you rarely ever go the huge distance really isn't a big deal for the majority.
>>
>>14761417
tl;dr, just face that only hipster idiots will buy this shit and the common man will stick to quick and reliable ICEs for the foreseeable future
>>
>>14760757
literally impossible to make a small engine power big motors without an arse load of batteries
>>
File: disapoint.gif (4MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
disapoint.gif
4MB, 280x210px
ITT:Contrarians and delusional hybrid apologists deny the success of the tesla and electric cars.
>>
This is going to be our Edsel.
>>
>>14761431
Hahaha sure got me there man good point good point. But seriously hipster idiots will buy this shit (my sister is buying it just because she's a hippie that wants to be "green") but that doesn't mean it's only hipster idiots. There really is a lot of benefits to an electric car besides the "green" aspect and you're completely right that the common man will stick to that used gas car for 5 grand for the next decade or so because it's cheap and everyone's already used to gas and it is quick but ( and I know you can read this in my voice with elons cock in my mouth ) tesla is working there ass off to really make electric cars compelling and with their advancements I think you're going to see that turning point where the average Joe will want an electric car that is objectively better and cheaper in every way ( other than the engine noise hurr durr ) sooner than you think.

Oh my bad you can't read this whole thing so

tl;dr : tru bro tru but consider that the foreseeable future iz shorter than u think based on the accelerated advancements that tesla iz pushing on the shitty electric car market.
>>
>>14761450
>1L turbodiesel making 80hp
>Drive twin 30hp motors at the wheels

OMG SUCH DIFFICULTY. Not every EV needs to be a fucking supercar
>>
>>14760757
>>14761575

I realize this is bait, but the losses in a direct diesel-electric drivetrain are higher than just having the diesel engine drive the wheels. It gets used in things like trains and ships because it provides more control and reliability without a humongous gearbox.
>>
Tesla doesn't really need that much power from the grid, it can power itself from the butthurt of its critics.
>>
>>14761729
I thought they were powered from the methane produced by their fart huffing drivers.
>>
>>14760428
>>14760421
>what are battery swaps

takes the same amount of time as refueling your car
>>
>>14761735
Thanks for offloading the load on the grid.
>>
>>14761737
>what are battery swaps

A thing that doesn't exist outside one press conference demonstration.
>>
All you niggas don't realize that LPG is the future.
>>
>>14760165
He didn't make 9.74B in a day. Fuck off.

The only money he has right now is the pre-order money. That's assuming everyone who preordered on is going to buy it.
>>
>>14760165
memes
>>
>>14761770
LPG has been mainstream for fucking ever.
>>
>>14761740
>one manufacturing not implementing it makes the technology irrelevant
>>
>>14761575
with a setup like that you'd be better off with a conventional transmission.
there's a reason why you've never designed anything ever.
>>
Vaporware

By the time the first ones are delivered it will be obsolete, iPad or no iPad.
>>
>>14760165
Correct me if im wrong but wasn't the original announcement 35k? But now that he knows he has em by the balls he jabbed in 42k
>>
>>14762060
>vaporware
>two models already manufactured and released
>constantly updated after release
>obsolete
>>
>>14762064
35k is base price. People are adding a bit more in options.
>>
>>14762064
35k base model 42k average spend
>>
>>14762022
Yeah, but why are we creating all these bullshit technologies when LPG is here in the case of oil running out and fuel prices going up and shit?
>>
>>14762103
why have flac when mp3 exists?
>>
I think it's hilarious how the only criticism people latch onto is the screen. Nevermind the fact that it has steering wheel controls (which are physical buttons, and are significantly more convenient than dash buttons).
>>
>>14762141
What the fuck do you mean? Because it's better. Sure, FLAC could be discarded as a placebo, but LPG is cheaper to install in existing cars, and has an unlimited driving range, unlice electric cars.
>>
>>14762155
LPG has shit energy density and unlike lithium batteries, they're at the limit. If LPG was worth it, it would be widespread already.
>>
>>14762155
why have mp3 when flac exists
>>
>>14760798
Aren't there government incentives for electric vehicles as well?
>>
>>14762169

It is, in many countries.
>>
>>14762169
Enough energy density for my 2.5L e93 not to lose any power, meaning it's enough for like 90% of Europe, and you're wrong LPG technologies are actually improving, while lithium batteries are shit right now, and they're not improving very fast, so they will be only slightly shit at best.
>>
>>14760165
Cooking the books.
>>
>>14761251
you must not know anything about this subject, because you sound fucking retarded.
>>
>>14762177
You shouldn't.
FLAC = LPG
mp3 = electricity
WAV = Petrol
>>
>>14762189
can you accept that different people want different things?

>>14762185
energy density doesn't affect power
>>
>>14762185
>and they're not improving very fast
Man, I can open up any tech news site and find recent improvements on lithium ion. I rarely hear about CNG, if ever.
>>
>>14761737
>getting someone elses beat to shit battery
>>
>>14762169
LPG is widespread.
>>
>>14762197
>energy density doesn't affect power
I should have added that the fuel consumption has only increased by 2-3l/100km compared to petrol. How is that a problem? And yes I do know that different people want different things, but I can't understand why they want electric cars to be the future.
>>14762207
CNG isn't LPG, and tech news sites are fucking cancer.
>>
>>14762210
>being stuck with it for an entire week and not noticing a difference
the idignity
>>
I wonder how they are going to handle tens of thousands of people wanting refunds once they realize it's a barebones pile of garbage and nothing like that model s
>>
>>14762215
>Being stuck with it, and it ignites due to poor maintenance/abuse and your car goes up in flame.
>>
>>14762214
>I can't understand why they want electric cars to be the future.
I can't understand why some people expect the genie to go back in the bottle.
>>
>>14762227
Stop talking in metaphors, goddamn.
>>
How the fuck are some cities going to be able to handle the increase in demand for electricity? Places like San Fransisco where there could be 60,000+ of these are going to see insanely high power surges at night. It may not be a big deal right away but what happens when electric cars become the norm and you have cities with 2-3 million electric vehicles charging at night?
>>
>>14762317
Electricity demand is lower at night anyway.
>>
>>14762325
What?

You mean all those bright lights at night don't pull any power?
>>
>>14762317
Coal/oil/gas burning plants will have to be in operation longer, because no one wants nukes and Solar/wind won't be able to put out enough to keep with demand.

Is what will happen.
>>
Might be there second profitable quarter ever, followed by spewing even more money when they try to build the infrastructure to build all those cars
>>
>>14762347
>nuclear power = nukes

wat
>>
>>14762214
Sorry they don't report only the news you agree with. LPG a shit.
>>
>>14762338
Which is interesting. Lots of place won't have a big increase in power demand but what about places like Las Vegas? Imagine Vegas having a million electric cars, taxis, shuttles etc. The power requirements to satisfy cities like that at night would be insane and people are so anti nuclear energy and solar/wind isn't that viable right now.
>>
>>14762384
Please give me some arguments, or is it only because your tech news site is shilling against it?
>>
>>14762382
you knew what he meant though
>>
Good for them. I might buy one if it's a truly good car. My GT350 is too much of a gas pig to drive all the time.
>>
>>14762338
I sincerely hope this is bait
>>
>>14762338
most of them are solar powered actually
>>
This reminds me of the old days when people would pay to get on a waiting list and maybe get a Zhiguli ten years later.
>>
>>14760803
> Model 3/S about 15 years from now

Unless you want to pay 12 grand for a new battery the car will be as good as scrap at that point That's why the second hand market for EV cars will be shit, a 15 year car if have been take care of, it's perfectly usable but the electrical one is worth nothing because their batteries will be death by then, even if it's been garaged all that time. Batteries go bad even with no use.

People will trade them to get the new ones every five years and these old cars will get refurb batteries and sold, not precisely at 5000$, or scrapped.
>>
>>14762480
A grand time it'll be for LSx swaps
>>
>>14762492
>le LS swap meme

try not being a newfag pls
>>
>>14762480
battery refurbs will be an industry mechs diversify into.
unless these things rust like mazdas or mercs they should hold their value okay. priuses do.
>>
>>14762503
Tri-Rotors then, whatever floats your boat cupcake.
>>
>>14762401
Here u go
http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/10/lithium-air-battery-research-shows-potential-paths-to-next-gen-batteries/
>>
>>14762317
It sucks but I heard some power companies are going to detect when cars are being recharged and charge a higher rate.
>>
>>14760757
Why the fuck would you do that?
The same diesel engine could do much more miles by itself than turboing the electric one, losing a lot of power and miles. And then you even have to recharge batteries manually
In terms of range the diesel motor is the future
>>
>>14762510
How much does a refurbished battery cost? I've checked and the price ranges between 3000 - 8000$ for a swap, and that's for a prius battery, I don't know how much that cost for a huge battery like the one in the Teslas.

I don't see it, unless there's a massive, and I mean *massive* breakout in battery technology I can only see rich people buying these cars, and rental fleets. The rest of us will be driving cheap hybrids by then I suppose.
>>
>>14762338
They do, but not nearly as much as all the industrial plants and businesses operating during the day.
>>
>>14762537
>LPG is shit because batteries might potentially maybe someday improve (somewhat)
ok
>>
>>14760180
>this mad cuck will have his v12 truck or v8 müskel car ass handed out to a mere v0 electric motor
>>
>>14762550
Taxi priuses rack up hundreds of thousands of miles in stop and go traffic and the batteries are fine.
>>
>>14760165

you just know 90% of those people will probably cancel their preorder...

putting $1k down is nothing, even for poorfags
>>
>>14762552
most industrial plants run 24/6
>>
>>14762572
This.
I ordered one but im actually jobless and dont even have the money to pay for it.
I just guess that I got a job some time down the road and make the money in that time.

Or I just cancell
>>
>>14762338
Not as much as first shift manufacturing
>>
>>14762586
Wouldn't be surprised if some hipters set up gofundme pages to pay for their Tesla.
>>
>>14762559
No one is mad but the people trying to make this into an us vs them battle between evs and ice, ie you.
>>
File: gibmunies.png (183KB, 1660x503px) Image search: [Google]
gibmunies.png
183KB, 1660x503px
>>14762601
Found the first one
>>
File: gibmuniesp2.png (225KB, 1679x949px) Image search: [Google]
gibmuniesp2.png
225KB, 1679x949px
>>14762619
>>
>>14762601
Could you even read my text? I got eye dirrhea from reading my own text with all those misspellings
>>
>>14762623
>KCCO
I hate chivers
>>
>>14762623
>>14762619
Top kek. I mean I love teslas but im not into that fucking lets save le trees shit
>>
>>14762630
I'm illiterate.
>>
File: JUST.png (260KB, 496x317px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
260KB, 496x317px
>>14762619
>>14762623

JUST A PRANK, BRO
>>
>>14762619
>>14762623
If she was that concerned about the environment and air pollution she would just not drive.
>>
>>14762655
The teslas are actually much worse in terms of eco shit than most small petrol engines.

A petrol engine that uses less than 6 litres in average is less ecologically damaging than a tesla that uses european electricity. This applies to teslas. Because of their big batteries

Oh and the creation of these batteries release poisonous and whatnot shit into the world
>>
>>14762689

Try telling that to tesla shills and fanboys...
>>
>>14762553
So where are the advancements in LPG? I love the way you try to downplay it. Is 90% improvement, while being able to get cycled over 2000 times before showing wear (meaning it can go longer) and getting lighter is just "somewhat" of an improvement? If that's "somewhat", LPG is nil. Leave nat gas for power plants.
>>
>>14762559
it's actually a 360v
>>
>>14762531
decat bridgeported rotary swap will be the ultimate anti-tesla
>>
>>14762689
[citation needed]
>less economically damaging than a tesla that uses european electricity
Yeah, tell Paris that, and how all those 1L diesels managed to not make their air quality worse than Beijing.
>>
>>14762830
>implying the best anti-tesla swap wouldn't be a custom machined v8 2 stroke
>>
What do electric cars have over LPG? The fact that every single building has electricity and installing a new charger is much simpler and safer than installing the lines for LPG.
>>
>>14760798
>saving 40000 in gasoline costs
You don't need to save nearly that much to break even unless your alternative is not to own a car at all. 40 kilobux isn't outrageous for a new car in the US, you only have to save 5 or 10 grand to make up the difference. You easily do that in a couple of years at 25mpg and gas at $3.00/gallon.
>>
>>14760803
>used cars are much cheaper than new ones
No fucking shit
>>
>>14761251
>fossil plants
Are still more efficient than gas engines, and for electricity you've got other options for generation including wind, solar, hydro, and nuclear, all of which are carbon free.
>>
>>14760165
They fucked up hard by not having proper speed gauges and such in front of the steering wheel.
>>
>>14762001
Exactly. How many people who preordered will pull out their money and buy a superior car by 2019?
>>
>>14760197
>Tesla is losing over a billion dollars a year

"I don't understand business" the post. They're investing billions every year, which is a billion more than they presently make. That's building capacity. It's building equity. And it's building the capability to make more billions in the future.
>>
>>14761357
>come home for the night
>plug your car in
>sleep for 6-8 hours
>your car is charged
Most people already do this with their cell phones.
Its going to require only slightly more planning than "don't refuel until I'm riding on E", but its not that fucking hard.
>>
>>14762914
>i always forgot to charge my phone
>still want electric sports cars
>mfw

am i doomed?
>>
>>14762103
Cheap LPG won't last forever and its still a fossil fuel.
>>
>>14762185
>energy density has anything to do with power
Uninstall 4chan from your computer and kill yourself.
>>
>>14762914
I dunno man. Probably the greatest thing about the car for me is the ability to just say "fuck it" and go. It's the entire appeal. Like right now, if I were so inclined, I could just go anywhere on the Eurasian continent, put my pos back together if it broke, and the only restriction would be my tiredness and bank account.

EVs just kind of seem like a step towards public transit in terms of freedom. The fact you have to plan... idk, it just ruins what a car is to me.
>>
>>14762338
Lots of people go to bed at night. Power demand is noticeably lower at night.
>>
>>14762338
>lights are the major power user

no. Air conditioning, water heaters, computers, laundry driers, air conditioning, and air conditioning are the major power drivers. And they use less power at night.
>>
>>14762379
R&D isn't free, neither is building huge factories
>>
>>14762834
>petrol
>brings up diesels
>>
>>14762815
LPG rapidly gets more and more reliable, efficient, and easer to convert to. With the newest technologies consumption does not increase under LPG, or if it does, it's very minimal.

Even if LPG didn't improve, it's still way more practical and cheap than electricity.
http://gazeo.com/automotive/technology/Autogas-system-generations,article,6486.html
>>14762928
This is the best explanation 2bh
>>
>>14762548
Thats not really possible. Energy prices are determined by supply and demand, thats why energy is cheaper at 3am than it is at 3pm. If everybody charges their EV at the same time (I envision most owners charging their EVs while they sleep at night) the utility will see an increased demand and adjust their rates accordingly.
>>
>>14762586
And walk away from your $1k deposit? That is why you're poor and will never amount to anything.
>>
>>14762575
Some do, some don't, look up any load profile and you'll see a markedly lower demand at night.
>>
>>14762689
It depends on where you live and how clean their generation is. In the Midwestern US youre greener if you use an electric hybrid that gets 50ish mpg than an EV because of all our coal plants. On the west coast (where Tesla is based) EVs are greener because their generation is greener.
>>
>>14762939
>fuck it and go
In which case you'd have to wait an extra half hour every 200 miles of driving. Alot of people have your exact issue with electric cars, but how often do you actually just say fuck it and drive 300 miles?
>>
>>14763043
>you'd have to wait an extra half hour every 200 miles of driving

That's actually quite a lot.

>Alot of people have your exact issue with electric cars, but how often do you actually just say fuck it and drive 300 miles?

I enjoy driving. Ok I wouldn't be in the Tesla demographic but the entire paradigm shift were expected to take just seems worse compared to now.
>>
How long will it take to make all those cars?
>>
>>14763069
They build 1000 cars a week apparently.
>>
I don't support the mass production of electric cars right now due to the lithium batteries involved. The world's supply of lithium is not high at all, and the way we currently recycle lithium is very wasteful. For instance, when was the last time you returned your broken phone, battery and all, to one of those special phone disposal places? Most of you didn't, and just threw it in the trash unknowingly. The same applies to cars if we don't create enough disposal centers and raise awareness for it. Lithium is already hard enough to mine, so lets not make it harder.

This is still assuming we use lithium. I personally think we will find another non lithium based battery chemistry that is more sustainable, but in the meantime, we're playing a dangerous game with our lithium supply.
>>
>>14763150
thank bush for "liberating" afghanistan and it's lithium reserves
>>
>>14763158
back to /pol/
>>
>>14760165
He's making people wait in a line for something that is being pitched as really new and advanced. Makes people want it more.
>>
>>14762572
What makes you say 90%?
>>
>>14760165
fucking kill me now. Imagine living in a world with electric fucking cars, id rather fucking die
>>
>>14763184
but that's what bush did and thanks to that, lithium is cheap enough and available enough for tesla to use.
>>
When will he consider making fast electric bikes so I can do Akira shit in?
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.