[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK were Tesla thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: iam_your_father_model_3.jpg (392KB, 995x445px) Image search: [Google]
iam_your_father_model_3.jpg
392KB, 995x445px
Thoughts /o/
>>
>>14756400
why dont people like them?
>>
>>14756400
They fucked up big time with the model 3, it looks like shit.
>>
>low beltline
>big windows
>looks like shit
/o/ is always wrong
>>
Tesla haters are becoming the most cringe group on /o/ at a surprising rate
>>
>>14756435
This. The same shitposters that complain about huge grilles, small windows, and high beltlines are complaining about this car for the opposite reasons.
>>
>>14756454
I don't think you know what the term "shitposter" actually means.
>>
>>14756446
They make objectively mediocre cars but the average californian codemonkey (sorry, I meant artist 2.0) revere them because "muh technology omg so awesome & innovative !!1!". And then they'll feel superior for this.

Of course its annoying.
>>
>>14756472
>massive windshield
>low beltline
>some of the safest cars on the planet
>200+ mile range
>0-60 in under 6 seconds
>autopilot STANDARD
>mediocre
Yeah, nah. Tesla is GOAT.
>>
>>14756481
> this is considered goat value for money by teslafags
Case in point.
>>
>>14756496
When you learn every Tesla hater are just sour poor people.

>lol
>>
>>14756506
Kek. Are you fucking serious?
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 578x712px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 578x712px
>>14756506
I suggest you learn to read, as I explained my point four posts earlier. But since you don't seem to be very smart (typical from tesla fans), I put a picture that summarises it.
>>
>>14756539
literal redditor detected
>>
>>14756539
>Tesla haters are poor and memers

See >>14756446
>>
>>14756554
Literal fag detected
>>
>>14756554
Reddit loves tesla more than the average car person actually, so again, you're just continuing to demonstrate you're retarded. Feel free to continue.
>>
>>14756472
This

I like it, but so does reddit, which ruins it
>>
>>14756472
Other than the interior, whats mediocre about model s or x? Ya for the same price you could get some gtr thats faster or an s class that has a much better interior but how are they mediocre overall?
>>
>>14756400
Hopefully this will flop and Tesla will go back and design an actually good car
>>
i'm ok with all of if except the no-grille
they need to put more stuff across the front to break up that big swath of negative space, maybe sculpt it more so it scatters more like at more angles and generates more dynamic shadows
>>
>>14757522
>>
>>14756615
reddit is mixed on it, and /r/cars hates tesla shills as much as we do, because they occasionally go to /r/tesla and read some of the shit those shills put out
>>
>>14756539
>don't seem to be very smart (typical from tesla fans)
I'm pretty sure Tesla fans have a higher average IQ than most other brands.
>>
>>14756472
Yeah, it all comes down to Silicon Valley values and ideals infiltrating the industry and our hobby and making cars just as fickle and disposable as modern mobile phones. This kind of thing goes absolutely against the DIY-oriented values that car enthusiasts share.
>>
>>14757532
>browsing r cars

Kill yourself cuck
>>
>>14757683
>not familiarizing yourself with the enemy
doomed to failure
>>
Does it the fast?
>>
>>14756446
t. SpaceX coffeeboy
>>
>>14756400
Elon Munk is a god amost men, I would kiss his feet if I ever met him.
>>
>>14756577
bullshit even tesla fanboys on leddit shat on the """interior"""
>>
>>14756446
This so much. All I hear is "NORMIES!!! REEEEEEEEEE!!!" spouted unironically.
>>
File: 1450407659959.jpg (220KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450407659959.jpg
220KB, 1200x900px
A little sad at its aesthetic, but I still want a Model S after grad school desu
>>
>>14757651
*tips fedora*
>>
>>14758141
they seem to be holding value on par with a lexus so that's good, cheapest one in the country right now is still 50 grand
>>
>>14758476
I suppose I'm watching the older models to see how the motors and battery hold up since those fuckers are expensive to replace. I probably won't be in a position to get a Model S until after 2020 anyways so I still have plenty of time to watch the reliability
>>
I just want to say that I saw a model S two months ago or something. Just the experience of SEEING one up close had me hooked on Tesla. She is that beautiful
>>
I was so afraid that they'd fuck it up, but I don't think that they did. Its definitely a pretty car though.

Hopefully by the time my number comes up they'll have unveiled a couple of variants so I can get a hatch, but I'd be ok with the sedan.

Oh and the interior clearly needs some work, the touch screen just seems like its not mounted securely and is too prominently visible from outside of the car.
>>
I want to tell you my honest opinion here on Tesla:

I really like how they push electric cars to the market. It is substantial to lower gas prices in the future due to competition. Many people will get a Tesla, I am very positive about that.

If I were thinking of buying one, I'd like the fact that I am not dependent on gas stations (as long I am not crossing a state / country) - I can simply charge over night / a few hours to drive 300 km at average over the next days for commute or for a semi long trip. Also, I appreciate the ideas they implemented in the Model S like the big screen, which makes the whole dashboard cleaner.
The car is freaking quick aswell.

At the same time, I hate the dashboard. I hate the progressivism they try to force so hard. I need buttons, levers, rotary switches - not that *le touchscreen meme* shit.
Car is quick, but that's it. No sound, no real fun in driving. I mean, it is fun kind of. I did drive a Tesla by the way. For a few times, it is really fun accelerating like sanic and I can remember grinning because of that. I have issues finding words for it, but I just prefer driving with more connection with the car.
>>
>>14758824
>no real fun in driving
You had me until that point.
>>
>>14758824
if you want more traditional car bits wait a while for the ev market to mature, you'll start seeing ev options in normal cars and such
but by then buttons might have been phased out entirely which would suck
>>
>>14756446
Fuck off. Taxpayers are footing the bill for 1 trillion dollars for shitty Tesla meme cars with all those subsidies keeping them barely afloat.

I rather have bullet trains for 1 trillion dollars than shitty meme cars from Tesla.
>>
>>14757800
Elon is a cuck about to be raped in divorce court by his wife.
>>
>>14759153
1.5 billion over 200 cars sold, actually. to be fair it's not that big of an investment considering how much it helps the company get off the ground and compete better with ICE cars
>>
>>14758824
>Many people will get a Tesla, I am very positive about that.

You keep repeating this every year but it never comes true.
>>
>>14759166
The model s sold more than any other car in its category in 2015 and there's over 232 thousand orders for model 3.
>>
File: 14603049904_cedf1571fe_b.jpg (266KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
14603049904_cedf1571fe_b.jpg
266KB, 1024x683px
It's a shitty car because it's absolutely no fun to drive or own. Wait till it gets to 150k miles and the battery shits and then tell me it was so worth the 35g. For 35g, I can buy a brand new GT 86 and a project AE 86.
>>
File: us_fuel_subsidies.jpg (30KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
us_fuel_subsidies.jpg
30KB, 500x518px
>>14759153
>He thinks oil isn't a bigger welfare queen
>>
>>14759376
My bad *1000 dollar reservations* but still at least refer to the first part of my post.
>>
>>14757522
I imagine it;s a pedestrian safety thing. it would look killer with a more sharp nose on the front. Theres no excuse not to go crazy with the front nose when theres no air intake.

but because it could potentially kill a pedestrian, it needs to have a big flat nose.

the fact that it doesnt need a grille but still has this empty spot where it should be really makes the safety regulation very painfully apparent
>>
>>14759511
everything in the car is covered for 8 years unlimited warranty no BS. they literally send people to your house to fix your shit for you. So if your battery shits itself, guess what? brand new battery.
>>
>>14759541
Most oil's subsidies however turn out not to be subsidies. Just stupid people misusing the word. These same people think tax breaks are subsidies too.
>>
>>14759657
>tax breaks
>not subsidies

Either way, those same subsidies used by Tesla are used by Ford and GM on a much larger level
http://www.cheatsheet.com/business/high-on-the-hog-the-top-8-corporate-welfare-recipients.html/?a=viewall
>>
>>14756400
It could be worst...
>>
>>14759682
I'm not sure what your green text is trying to say. Tax breaks literally cannot be subsidies. And "corporate welfare" is another often misused term as well. It exists, but it's so fucking overhyped it's become a "feels" word.
>>
>>14759703
>Subsidies come in various forms including: direct (cash grants, interest-free loans) and indirect (tax breaks, insurance, low-interest loans, depreciation write-offs, rent rebates)
I don't see the confusion m8
>>
>>14759713
If that's your source of information, it's wrong. Which is why I said it's oft misused.
A tax break it the government allowing you to keep more of your OWN money. A subsidy is the government writing you a check (paying you) to either do something, or stop doing something your entitled to do. Also, loans are loans, they have to be paid back, so they are excluded as a subsidy. Depreciation write offs are just tax code and again allow you to keep more of your own money. Rent rebates would be a subsidy.
It's not about feels. A subsidy is an economic term and it has a precise definition devoid of feels, symbolism, and lazy language.
>>
>>14759626
porsche solves this by having very clearly defined lower intakes and the flat nose section is relative small
HINT HINT TESL
>>
>>14759754
Regardless of semantics I just don't see how you can single out Tesla when every other company is using the same strategies
>>
>>14759779
I'm not. And Tesla isn't getting as "subsidized" as it's detractors claim. Elon Musk is just doing business in the smartest possible way he can. I like the guy for Space X. I don't give a rats ass about Tesla. I hate him for Pay-Pal (which he no longer owns but started).
He's a successful African American.
>>
>>14759792
Ah alright, I was getting lost on your logic since I thought you were
>>14759153
>>
>>14756400
profile isn't bad. but the front looks like an abortion.
>>
>>14759806
So fucking true man...I miss the good ol days when cars had bumpers and grills. I'm going back to the 60s the golden age of cars. Fuck you Tesla!!
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.