[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this 61 Corvair Monza for $3200 and a van load of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: WP_20160331_002.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160331_002.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Just bought this 61 Corvair Monza for $3200 and a van load of spare parts, how'd I do?
>>
good

get a compensator if it doesnt have one already
>>
>>14754198
Most likely one in the humungous pile of parts that I have yet to pick up.
>>
>>14754183
UNSAFE AT ANY
SPEED
E
E
D

I like it to be honest. Fuck Ralph Nader. Actual cancer on the automotive industry.

Didn't Chevy fix the suspension anyway?
>>
>>14755307
Nader was wrong anyway. NHTSA and Texas A&M both did studies and found the early Corvair was "at least as good" handling wise
>>
>>14755321
Of course that asshole was wrong. Should have known. Guess there always will be someone who doesn't understand something I freaks out. Like those vaccinefags and autism.
Which btw, the guy that made that claim later confessed to making it up for what I think was money/funding
>>
>>14755420
I didn't namefag...oh it's April fools day.
Thank you gookmoot.
>>
>>14755307
dunno about nader m8 but this thing is easier to steer than my toyobaru
>>
Anyone know the most active Corvair forum btw?
>>
>>14755654
The thing was people weren't used to the handling cuz muh polar movement (engine in ass like 911)
I think this was part of the reason.
>>
>>14755689
When i went to go pick it up my gramps was like
>engine in the trunk?
Then gave this look like what old people do when kids skate on the sidewalk except this isn't a "you damn kids" thing.
Pretty sure he thought it was heresy but he's owned all the nice muscle cars of the day and worked for Damnliar Chrysler.
>>
>>14755701
But it's an air cooled flat six hhnngg
Get a nice exhaust for it.not too loud not too quiet. I've always wanted one. Why can't I be Jay Leno god damn it.
>>
>>14754183
Breddy cool
>>
>>14755819
PO was doing some restoration and put in some dual headers many, it idles low like a diesel but god damn them gear ratios give it a workout.
>>
>>14756257
>many
Mang you fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>14754183
Not bad op, im jealous. Im pretty sure the 61s had that oil heater, so watch out for that.
>>
>>14756292
Well I mean I'm not going to fuck with that, I turned on the fan and some cute smoke started blowing under the dash. Someone niggered some wires or something. Engine leaked massive heat into the interior anyway.
>>
>>14756257
Vid?
And do you mean tall ratios?
>>
>>14756925
I can make a video after work, I'm not sure what the term would be let me put it like this, you become very aware of the lack of overdrive
>>
File: corv8.jpg (130KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
corv8.jpg
130KB, 600x450px
>>14754183

Good, Now V8 swap it.
>>
>>14759552
Good god, how will I steer it
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.