[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caddy CT6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-Cadillac-CT6-promo1.jpg (2MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Cadillac-CT6-promo1.jpg
2MB, 2048x1360px
Just saw a commercial for this. I think they've recaptured a bit of the "shaggin' wagon" aesthetic that's been missing since the lead sleds of the 70's. Has /o/ discussed this yet?

some stats:
>RWD
>$53,495 base
>available 3.0 L twin turbo AWD

cud b cool
>>
>>14746292
Caddy has a habit of not producing their concepts
>>
>>14746301
You can already order them senpai.
>>
This car just made the CTS obsolete.
>>
Eh. It just looks like a big CTS. Kind of a letdown.

Mercedes built the S-Class as essentially the holy grail of luxury, no detail overlooked. So when they made the E/C-Class "baby S-Classes" they still ended up with 3 kickass small medium and large sausages.

Cadillac on the other hand, poured their heart and soul into the CTS and then attempted to trickle it up
>>
most important bit is the weight tee bee ach

>3600lb curb weight in a 4 door luxury sedan that's sized halfway between a 5 and 7 series
>>
>>14746419

it's a cadillac man
>>
typeface on the gauge cluster looks like it's straight out of a cobalt
>>
>>14746454
what about it? 3600lbs for something that big is basically unheard of, it's lighter than a 5 series but a few hundred pounds, it's lighter than some 3 series for fuck's sake
>>
>>14746544
Who cares?

Nobody buying an S-Class goes "I wish it weighed less."
>>
>>14747010
>cadillac actively pushing for super light weight in order to get more power-to-weight and to make everything much more nimble
>"who cares?"
this is why bmw only makes numb boats now
americans
>>
>>14747050
No, it is why Mercedes sells more S-Classes than Cadillac sells cars.
>>
>>14747060
ok, but cadillac doesn't really care about mercedes, they care about bmw and being more bmw than they are
>>
>>14747100
>cadillac doesn't really care about mercedes
Clearly.
>>
>>14746292
I'm genuinely excited for it and I think it can get the brand back on track after more than forty years of bullshit and embarrassment.

The only problem I have with it now is that it is a GM product and I can't support it. Fuck Obongo and the UAW.
>>
>>14746292

I just got a 2016 ATS lease a month ago, ends in 2 years. I'm pumped to go for whatever the CT series has when my lease is up. Such a great car.

I've got the family and friends discount, ended up coming out to only $390/month with nothing down.

The GM leasing offers now are so cheap compared to how they used to be. I think the dealerships realized they could make more money selling certified pre-leased vehicles.
>>
>>14746351
I don't think the CT6 is competing with the S-class though. They fit in somewhere between the E-class and S-class. I think Cadillac will make a competitor to that later.

Their business strategy makes sense though. They're currently trying to rebuild their brand. If they went out and created a high-end luxury car, nobody would buy it because their brand has little weight compared to Mercedes. So by building it from the bottom up, they can build brand image so that by the time they're ready to build an S-class competitor, people will be ready to buy it.
>>
>>14746351

The S-Class is it's own thing right now. I think Cadillac is going to slowly keep upping the ante every couple of years with higher price point cars until it has something as high end as the S-Class.

I test drove a bunch of luxury cars, my takeaway between the "best" cars of each category was that they're so similar you just need to decide which brands offer gadgets you'll use inside and your favorite body design.
>>
>>14749015
I'm paying 410/mo for a fucking Elantra, but I also put 0 down.

You must have good credit.
>>
>>14746419
It's actually amazing considering how much BMW tried trimming down the 7 series with carbon fibre use in the chassis
>>
>>14749156
>410/month for a fucking Elantra
Why?
>>
>>14749015
Cadillac's good residual value really helps their lease prices.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.