[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey dudes. Is it true I can test my vacuum line seals using a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: no.png (15KB, 627x518px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
15KB, 627x518px
Hey dudes. Is it true I can test my vacuum line seals using a cigar?

Or is Scotty Kilmer full of shit?
>>
>>14740922
REV UP YOUR ENGINES
>>
File: 1441051091127.jpg (116KB, 554x681px) Image search: [Google]
1441051091127.jpg
116KB, 554x681px
>Thing used for sucking smoke through
>incharge of creating air-tight seal
>>
>>14740922
Yes you can. You just need something to see the leak.

>dudeweedlmao
>>
op here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMok2y05jNE

heres what im referring to

is he full of shit? because a lot of people say he is.

Im sure you guys are already familiar with him, im new to this board though and just want answers.

Is this a waste of time (cigar thing)?
>>
>Giving your car cancer
>>
Sometimes you can find valuable things on reddit.

https://imgur.com/a/aoY1h
>>
File: Capture.jpg (65KB, 761x569px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
65KB, 761x569px
>>14740922
He is full of shit.

This is what you actually need to do a proper leak test.

>gallon, or a quart metal paint can
>plastic quarter in barbs
>6 feet of quarter in hose
>JB weld or something heat resistant
>old shop towel
>used motor oil
>an air compressor if available.

Make two holes in the paint can lid, and install the barbs. JB weld them in place, or use something else that's heat resistant.

Attach 3 feet of hose to each barb.
One hose goes to your car, another connects to an air compressor, or you can try blowing into it.

Light a dirty oily shop rag on fire, place it inside the container, let it smoulder, and close the lid. Hammer it down.

the container will get HOT, so use gloves, and be careful.

with the hose attached to a vacuum line, use an air compressor to slow blow in air into the can.
>>
>>14743848

How exactly is he "full of shit"?

Did he not demonstrate it working in the video? Of course it's probably a shitty method and yours probably works better but his channel is full of poorfag tips and tricks.
>>
>>14743864
because

A. You really need a compressor to force any decent amount of smoke through the system
B. A cigar does not produce enough smoke

I tried using a vape first, and I could not blow fast enough, nor had I had enough smoke to make it useful.
>>
>>14744224
If the vape didn't work then a cigar definitely wouldn't. The weird-ass smoke those things make lingers for a long time.
>>
>>14744224
>I tried using a vape first, and I could not blow fast enough
I bet.
>>
File: 1256915110374.jpg (16KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
1256915110374.jpg
16KB, 441x408px
>>14744279
>>
Retards, the lot of you!

Buy can of brake clean, and with the engine running, spray the suspected hoses/lines with said brake clean. Listen to the idle and then listen for it to increase slightly when you've sprayed over the leak.
>>
jesus christ how fucking poorfag are you motherfuckers
>>
>>14746133
While this does work it's really not feasible for some engines. If you have a lot of vaccum lined or a large intake mani there's just too much area to spray to figure out the leak. Plus spraying flammable liquid all over an engine bay really isn't the greatest idea
>>
>>14746164
/o/ has a collective income of 43,000 a year
>>
>>14746133
this works better with starter fluid, also if you really want to narrow down the leak, you need smoke.
>>
>>14746164
someone woke up on the wrong side of REV UP YOUR ENGINES this morning...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.