[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soft insurance fraud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1424151971695.jpg (39KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1424151971695.jpg
39KB, 500x738px
>driving my nice car through kinda bad neighborhood back in december
>rear end lady @ 12 mph because pack of basketball americans decide to cross the road in front of ~45 mph traffic
>my first at-fault collision
>lady gets out, is pretty calm about it, we wait for cops
>get ticket for following too closely, later got it reduced to a parking ticket and ~$200 in fines
>whatever, I have good insurance, my car ended up being a write off because 3 airbags deployed and lolmercedesairbagprices even though I drove it away from the accident
>had totally forgotten about it until today
>the woman filed a personal injury lawsuit against my insurance for $100k
>Geico actually offered her over $13k AND SHE REJECTED IT
>she's going to get tens of thousands of dollars for being in an accident that was a hair above fender bender
Why is this tolerated?
>>
When it rains, it pours.
>>
>>14735881
Y tho. This shit has had me up all night and it doesn't even involve me at this point. I can't remember a time when I was this enraged.

Here's the paragraph from the email:

At this time, the claim is still in negotiations. The last demand that their attorney made was in the amount of $100,000.00. The last offer that GEICO made to settle the claim was for an amount of $13,703.00.
>>
>>14735870

Should have known you were fucked from the point you rear ended a woman.
>>
Murrica problems.
>>
>>14735906
In a Mercedes. In a shit neighborhood. In Vegas, the place that invented ambulance chasing, we don't get laid unless you get paid, scumbag personal injury attorneys.
>>
>>14735870
Fuck me. Might slam on the brakes next time I have someone tailgating me at speeds that low. If I'm on my bike I'm bound to get some injury I can sue for
>>
>>14735910
This isn't just murrica. The UK has a big problem with swoop and squat scams.
>>
>>14735926
Okay, Anglo problems.
>>
>>14735915
You don't want to actually get hurt you dumb fuck.
That's the whole point is that you say something hurts because they can't prove that you're not in pain
>>
>>14735955
The woman was Hispanic.

>mfw realized her address is on the ticket and it would be pretty easy for me to render unto her her supposed $100k in injuries.
>mfw just realized this shit has me thinking like the kind of person that would invent a $100k lawsuit and I feel genuinely ashamed of myself
>>
people are cunts
>well, its just scamming the insurance company lel! its like a drop in the ocean 4 them!
fuck these idiots
>>
Same thing going on with a friend of mine. Gotta lawyer up and make your insurance pay for it.

Except he wasn't at fault at all, her coon is going for over 100k, there's no way she wins, she just wants to fuck with somebody.
>>
>>14736002
Thankfully there's 0% chance of me having to pay a dime for all of this (other than the mandatory hike in premiums for making any sort of claim), I didn't even get any points on my license.
>>
Just got another email, geicos offer is now $18k
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.