[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20151116_020414.jpg (810KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151116_020414.jpg
810KB, 1080x1080px
Would ny car look alright if I lowered it on the stock wheels?

I have enough cash to either get a nice set of new wheels and tires, or a set of nicer coilovers.

Thanks!
>>
>>14728292

Go with new wheels and tires.
>>
>>14728292
Coilovers are useless unless you go to a track every weekend.

Stay away from them if your on bumpy backroads which it looks like you are on your pic

Just get heavy duty shocks and new springs firm the ride up for like $400 or less then Non niggerstance rims
>>
>>14728367
I want coilovers because I need adjustability.

I live in canada, so in the winter I would like it to be taller and in the, summer, lower.
>>
No you faggot, you should never lower ANY car, period. OEM is the only way
Ha, you think you know better than the people who made it?
>>
>>14728567
Noted friendo :^)
>>
>>14728538
Thats fucktarded mate sorry just no
>>
>>14728538
I understand your idea. I get why you would do it... but it's gonna just cost a bunch of money, and be a pain in the ass/impossible to properly adjust the coilovers.. assuming you don't have the right type of scale for cornering the suspension in your car..just won't do anything for you
>>14728292
Op, buy new tires and rims. Car looks fine at the hight it is and quality tires will give you a nice improvement in many more aspects of handling than lowering a daily driver that isn't supposed to be low and probably doesn't touch a track.
>>
>>14728292
Is it auto or manual?
If manual go the coils
If auto get wheels or better yet bank cash until youve got the money to convert it

Have you thought about painting them black?
>>
>>14728292
SC400 Owner here,

Get the set of wheels and tires, coilovers will ruin the experience. As for living in canada, taller or lower won't matter but guess what tires will.

You can go for custom wheels or even go for OEM Lexus wheels from the LS430,IS300, IS250 if you want.
>>
File: 20151227_035935.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151227_035935.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>14729539
Auto. Not gonna bother converting it anytime soon though. I don't like the stock wheels so I'm not gonna paint them black I just want new ones.
>>14729516 it may not touch the track, but I do live where there are a lot of twisty mountain roads and I don't like the body roll. Especially when Hondas can catch up to me in the corners that's annoying
>>
>>14729699
Ok you guys are kinda convincing me to not get coilovers now.

The main reason I want them is so when I put bigger wheels on it won't be a monster truck
>>
>>14729716
Chop a coil off the springs
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.