[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miatas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20160328-182916.png (338KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160328-182916.png
338KB, 1200x1920px
Alright guys, so I have a 1990 miata and no history on it. I know I'm the 11'th or 12'th owner or somewhere around there. I also know the engine has been swapped out for a 1.8 liter. So my question is how do I determine the year of my engine if it hasn't been recorded.. It's in-between 94-97. I am looking to buy the megasquirt pnp2 and I have to choose a year and the options are 94-95 and 96-97.. Soooo what do I choose??? I'm confused
>>
>>14728000
Is there an obd2 port anywhere?
>>
>>14728014
Not that I'm aware of.
>>
>>14728000
A pic of the engine
>>
>>14728058
Check VERY thoroughly for an obd2 port. It's suppose to be under the dash near your right knee. Since this has been swapped they may not have mounted it. So check everywhere.
Also look for 2 o2 sensors.
One before the cat and one after. That would be an indication of OBD2.
Highly doubting it's obd2 though.
>>
>>14730319
Okay, thank you!! I'll look in the morning when it's light out
>>
>>14728073
file off the letters. the color is gay but at least it will look better
>>
>>14732237
Thanks for the tip!!
>>
>>14728000
Fuck are you doing OP

Just buy the fucking kit and put it together yourself then you can configure it anyway you want!

I don't think there are huge differences between all the NA ECUs.
Stuff like tach out n that may be different, but I expect any one will run you're engine.
>>
>>14735786
For $900, I'd think he would want to be sure
>>
>>14735795
The diypnp isn't 900 american pounds
>>
>>14728000
11 or 12 owners in 25 years. Jesus.
>>
>>14738571
Shits crazy right haha, the cars clean though! No rust, no dents and the interior is good too.. I have nothing to complain about :) just want to dabble in the tuning side of things and maybe create more power and boost in the future.
>>
Taking this thread.

What's the easiest way to run a standalone ej25?
it will be manual everything, the only things I need to run are the engine, and a racepak dash.
Hoping to possibly turbo the engine later.

Currently I'm heavily considering a haltech 500 just for simplicity, but are megasquirts simple too? I have no experience at all in ecus.
>>
Look up the VIN number for the original car which is cast into the block.
>>
>>14740685
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.