[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biggest projects/Next Projects/Plans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: 2015-02-23 17.52.52.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-23 17.52.52.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
What are you working on /o/? and if you posted in this thread last time, post updates.
Slowbalt needs paint and minor repair, new battery soon, speakers.
Fairmont still needs a motor but got washed
(Because I dont like people knowing it doesnt work, also live where people report stupid shit like cars sitting too long with cobwebs)
El camino needs fuel lines after I replace the gas tank ignition to be re-wired since I have to basically hot wire it to start it.
SN95 Needs trans work, needs a throw out bearing but waiting to get a clutch kit as well.
F250 needs new stereo.
F350 needs brake job and new batteries.
Jeep needs tires, probably a brake job and to stop getting drenched everytime it rains.

Future projects include
>Ford Falcon cruiser or something else I want to make into a fun easy driver.
>Craving a VW Rabbit or bug.

Keep playing with the idea of picking up a free 460 from a family friend. Have to sawzall the truck frame and take the motor home but then I'd have a new toy and something to learn on.

What've you guys got?
>>
>>14726178

Probably just buy another broken down shitbox and fix it up to barely passable status.

My wife wants me to paint the house. Jokes on her I want a divorce.
>>
>>14726193
What kinda shit box we talkin?

Lol'd at last part, both are expenisve, fake your death.
>>
Need to sell: H2B Integra, makes 210whp. Just been too lazy, not too excited at the prospect of dealing with the dark hoard that makes up Honda """"fans""""

Listing it up for $5000, but if someone gives me anything over $4200 I'll take that and run, already taking a bath on it. Has a QSD H2B Kit/H23A/GSR trans, Hondata S300, Konis/GCs, ASR Rear Subframe and 23mm Swaybar, new bushings all underneath (HardRace Rubber or Poly), ITR Seats, and a bunch of other crap in a '95 RS shell (230k miles, but its a hardtop + 1995 so it doesn't need emissions inspection)

Only flaws are: No IACV, Exhaust Leak, and bumpers are a different color, paint isn't in the best shape.

I need money ASAP after I picked up a 97 M3 and now I'm going to dump money into doing the whole suspension/cooling system/mounts on the car. I wish I bought one earlier. Its ridiculously fun to drive. I get the hype behind these cars now. But I'm looking at $500 on the cooling system, $300 in mounts/flex disc, $1000-2000 for the suspension (with shocks or coils), etc.
>>
>>14726280
Did you build up the Integra to learn? seems like a lot of work for not much in return.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Plastidip the hood roof and trunk of my daily.
>>
Putting a 2 speed powerglide in a 1978 pinto
>>
>>14726301
I bought it because I was stuck in a stupid bench racer mentality where I wanted to just go fast. And I had a ton of suspension parts from another Honda I had before that was crashed.

I ended up buying a already swapped car for almost $5k, and put those parts into it. I should've never done it to begin with because I ended up with a ridiculous "track-focused" car that was unbearable to drive on the street:

Heavy clutch, Stupid Loud Exhaust, no AC, ridiculously heavy steering for even no PS standards, grabby brakes, stiff and hopped over every bump, retarded quick (210whp/2300lbs) but spun up to 3rd gear.
>>
>>14726309
I always though about doing this when my paint goes but I kinda feel itd be a bit ricey lookin or trashy, my own opinion man but you gotta do what you gotta do.
>>14726319
Makes sense a lot of people get into that, not to be a dick or anything but I mean thats really not fast. For a honda eco box yeah thats pretty good but imagine putting the parts and money into a car thats worth it? But yeah man a lot of people get into doing that to DD's and shit.
>>
>>14726319
To add it was retarded fun if you were going fast, but driving it on the street was a fucking chore.

The M3 amazes me because it corners almost as quick as my old Integra, while driving like a Cadillac around town/stuck in traffic. Is it slower? Sure, the Integra was a high 12/low 13 second car (ran a 13.0@101mph on 23" slicks with plenty to go). The M3 is 14 flat on a good day. More expensive to maintain? Of course. Honda parts are the cheapest of any car.

>>14726339
If I added a LSD and 225 wide 200tw tires it would've been even faster. 210whp/2300lbs doesn't sound quick until you're in it, and for what you spend only a DSM/F-Body would be quicker (without the ability to corner as well). Hondas are bar-none the cheapest cars to go fast in.

I just lost all interest in it. I forgot I was driving this car on the street most of the time. The M3 is more fun and I can oversteer in it :)
>>
>>14726364
Yeah man I totally get it, its like driving the sn95 its really not fast and pig fat but it sill gives you that feeling.
But its cool you got a new one you like I hope everything goes good man keep posting updates seems like a good project for you
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14726339
Yeah I'm afraid of it looking rice as well, but the peeling clear coat just looks so bad that I don't have any other choice. I guess I could get it repainted, but I feel like the effort and money to do so isn't really worth it. Don't get me wrong, I love this thing, but I rather spend it on an upgrade than cosmetic.
>>
>>14726537
Maaco was running a paint special not sure anymore, you could probably get it resprayed pretty cheap if you want.
>>
Need a steering column, front seats and a new headlight
>>
File: IMG_20160328_142753231.jpg (959KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_142753231.jpg
959KB, 2592x1456px
I want to put low ratio in my 4x4 van, probably get some muddies for it. put a winch/light mount on my bullys.

no money tho so......
>>
File: TalonDetroitVersion.jpg (2MB, 2992x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TalonDetroitVersion.jpg
2MB, 2992x2000px
Well I need to finish getting the new setup odds and ends taken care of so I can tune the car. I demodded it a bit selling my entire turbo setup to go back to a plain old 16g. Mostly just make a little extra money as I want to try to sell this thing within the next two months.

Last time I was on a 16g in 2014 I ran mid 11's so that's the goal again. Figure if its a turn key problem free 11 second car I shouldn't have an issue getting 5k out of it.

Then I also want to sell my SRT4.

Ideally I'd like to buy a C5 z06 or a c6 ls3 vette. Also considering getting a 5.0 SN95 and replicating a friend's build a bit for a 500whp fun street car.

Anyway, also going to be knocking out a lot of maintenance on my drz400sm. Chain/sprockets/oil change/cam chain and also installing new signals/tail light.

Then my beater non turbo talon I want to get cleaned up and ready to sell too but I'll sell it last so that I keep a daily.

So TLDR:

Sell everything except my drz400sm
Get sn95 5.0 and build it, or get c5z06 or ls3 c6 and do a fairly simple heads/cam setup.
Get a ranger/s10 for a dd.

Main thing stopping me lately has been my job/location. My new job I started last year I had to move 3 hours away from home and I don't have the time or place to do much work on anything. Just got a new job back home now so my last day with my current job is the 6th so I'll finally have time to do /o/ things again.
>>
>>14726550
>Macco
Aren't they shit though? The one here is only capable of painting fleets of cab vehicles, only because they generally don't care about the job.
>>
>>14726712
I mean they don't do the best work, a quick cover and spray, might look better than bad paint man.
>>
File: 4L_CXfWl0Bv.jpg (257KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
4L_CXfWl0Bv.jpg
257KB, 700x467px
>>14726178
Not a car but still fucking something i am working towards
>>
Currently painting my miata, V8 swapping and painting my toyota pickup and fabbing up some side skirts fur my Festiva.
2many projects 2bh pham
>>
File: vgbhfnj.jpg (3MB, 2544x1821px) Image search: [Google]
vgbhfnj.jpg
3MB, 2544x1821px
Headers on the ISF

Paint the Q and do some body work.

Part out the GS
>>
>>14726684
I would buy your car in a heartbeat if I had the dough
>>
Cam seal blew out and auto tranny going to shit.
Saved up a few grand for a donor. Should be buying something here on thursday. Upgrading to a better engine and doing a manual swap at the same time. Gonna be a bitch but will end up with something pretty fun.
>>
File: 20160314_194843.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160314_194843.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Got to fix my Hilux's transmission. At this point I'm tempted to just pull the fucking thing and try to rebuild it.

Also redoing a friends bike's wire harness, fuel lines, and carb.
>>
>>14728701
OMG tie downs on the handlebars! This triggers me.
>>
Finding a m1070 8x8
>>
>>14728717
Seen nothing to suggest this is bad other than don't tighten the shit out of the straps.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.