[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the first generation Sunbird a good car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: sunbird.jpg (308KB, 1517x1085px)
sunbird.jpg
308KB, 1517x1085px
Is the first generation Sunbird a good car?
>>
>>14725683
I know it's the successor of the Vega and built on the same platform, but I thought it was mechanically more sound and built like a budget Firebird instead. So it's just regular flammable mid 70s GM econojunk? That's a bit disappointing.
>>
no

just like nearly everything American from the 70s-late 2000s
>>
>>14725678
>http://forums.h-body.org/

Poke around there for information. I've always wondered about picking one up and swapping in a turbocharged ecotec. They only weigh about 2600 lbs with a four cylinder.
>>
Decent drag car once you swap out the engine, trans and rear end with non-garbage.
>>
>>14725789
That's a really broad range of cars
>>
>>14725861
it is but its mostly true

Detroit went to shit in the 70s and only recently became competitive with the world

the Oil Crisis murdered the American car industry
>>
>>14725870
UAW killed the american car industry
>>
>>14725892
How so?
>>
>>14725975
Allowing incompetents to keep their job.
>>
>>14726025
THIS.
>>
>>14725870

The oil crisis murdered the entire global car industry. Japanese cars had higher fuel efficiency because of the rarity of fuel in Japan because they had no indigenous wells and had to import it. When the oil crisis happened, the US began to import and rebadge Japanese cars to compensate. The Japanese car manufacturers exploded making tons of dull shitboxes, and the entire world adapted to remain competitive in the economy by doing the same. Detroit went to shit because their cars weren't being bought anymore because of gas being stupidly high, and that's why there was a protest boom because manufacturers were barely generating income to stay afloat let alone pay all the workers they had grown to have during the massive muscle boom that just previously happened for them.
>>
>>14726096
Interesting, thanks.
>>
>>14726096

I think it would be more fair to say the oil crisis revealed which auto industry practices were incapable of holding up long term.
>>
>>14725779
Better off finding a vega
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.