[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Auto work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 0308091216.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0308091216.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
I currently work in management at a fairly small body shop, to scope size we deliver around 6 or so vehicles a week to off the street customers mainly insurance jobs and around the same number to dealers. Dealer jobs we have idk 2 shitty buy here pay here lots that use my shop for shitheaps they buy at sales and a Toyota dealer I get some jobs from but they are split to another branch of the company I work for. We have two bodymen that are certified for most shit, a damn good painter, and a tech who can hang bumpers and the like and good with electrical issues and he is sometimes in the wash bay and a retard who picks up the shop and works in the wash bay. We also do the occasional dealship work for a Dodge place and a Chevy place etc it's not all nigger trash vehicles but they are a steady flow

Anyway I'm tired of aftermarket hood fitment issues and mad customers and nitpicks who want their truck with 300k miles to look new and bodymen wife complaining I didn't supplement his labor hours correctly when I pay him more an hour than anyone

Anyone worked a similar job then went to work for an insurance company ? Curious but it seems better
>>
>>14721095
dude, nitpickers and insurance fruaders are a dime a dozen. ask a tire tech.

just make sure you got your I's crossed and T's dotted and they wont have a leg to stand on
>>
>>14721095
Insurance adjuster here, you're gonna deal with the same shit in our field too. In your profession you can atleast tell the customer to fuck off.
>>
>>14721095
Why would you want to work for an insurance company? Insurance offices always give off an MLM vibe to me, seems like if you don't make sales you're fucked. I'd stick with the job you have now and start saving for your own shop, if you're good you can probably eventually get in to the restoration business rather than this shitTier fender bender stuff
>>
>>14721095
The proper way to deal with nitpickers and fitment issues is to let the customer know that THEIR insurance made the choice to use aftermarket parts. If they have an issue with the quality they should take it up with them. Dont tell the customer to fuck off or you look like the bad guy.
>>
>>14723154 here
>>14723195
>THEIR insurance made the choice to use aftermarket parts
Fuck yeah we did, it's in their policy, if they don't like it they can cover the additional cost. OP you can also learn how to write a real estimate so you have some leverage against guys like us, then you can buy OEM parts and make the customer happy. But since you run a small shop its gonna be real hard for you to justify stuff you can ask for.

Good luck!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.