[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RX-V8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image_3.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14718789
I understand there's a rotary and a "should I get an rx-8" thread already, but this is different enough that I don't want to deviate too much from what the OP's said.

How much would it cost to swap the rotary out of the rx8 for something like an LS?

>inb4 $500 and an afternoon

I've never even looked very closely at the wankel engine, but is most of the rest of the car specifically made for wankels? I realize this may seem like a stupid question, but does stuff like the transmission need to be changed too? How much of it other than the engine itself needs to come out?

I love the RX-8, always have, but just can't live with the rotary maintenance. Not just the cost, but the inconvenience. Please don't try to convince me to live with it, I respect doritos, but I don't want one.
>>
>>14720987
LS7 is an expensive motor
>>
>>14720987

It's been done before so I'm sure with some googling you could find what others have done to fit the engine and trans into one. There are likely kits available as well.
>>
>>14720987
How about you get a C5 corvette and shut the fuck up

Don't let the door hit you on the way out pistoncuck
>>
>>14720987
1. Find an ls engine, ecu, wiring.
2. Find out if you can use the rx8 Trans (probably won't hold up to the power or different spline count or whatever)
3. If you go with different Trans you have to make it fit in the tunnel and probably fab up a cross member or find a kit.
4. Find a drive shaft that will work.
5. Make sure fuel system will work with ls engine.
6. The differential may not take the power. Idk much about the rx8.
That's most of the obstacles to make it work. Oh also making gauges work correctly.
>>
>>14721058
"Do you like GT-Rs? Get a Subaru STi and shut the fuck up"

Thanks f.a.m.

>>14721069
Didn't even think about the gauges! Thanks. Seems like it might not be worth the effort...

>>14721010

I mean something "like" LSs seem like the meme motor so I said it. I would waste an LS7 on an RX8. I was thinking something older, or hell maybe even that new ecoboost 4 banger. Just anything that's not a rotary, basically. I don't need it to be super fast.
>>
>>14721100
Wouldn't waste an LS7***

Also OP, here, if it wasn't obvious enough.
>>
File: 892384234.jpg (325KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
892384234.jpg
325KB, 1440x900px
>>14721100
>Just anything that's not a rotary, basically. I don't need it to be super fast.

Honda K20?
>>
Not cheap and not easy. If you can't deal with a 5 minute oil change every 3k miles I doubt you'll even be able to pull the engine. And if you need to ask 4chan for advice... Roflmao.
Have fun paying a shop 40k plus. Even then you may still end up with a non running piece of shit (http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=3426.0)

>I respect doritos, but I don't want one
Then why get an RX-8? There is nothing particularly special about it to begin with.
>>
>>14721100
A race pack would solve the gauge issue. Thought about it after I posted it.
>>
>>14720987
There's really no point. It's essentially an NC Miata IIRC, just get a power-hardtop one of those.
>>
The amount of time/money/effort put into upgrading and maintaining the rotary would be much cheaper and less of a headache than swapping it with some chevy block.

If you literally can't deal with adding oil every 3000 miles and putting two-stroke into the tank, then why the hell do you think an engine swap would be any less of a bitch?
>>
>>14721226
I'm guessing he got all his rotary 'knowledge' from /o/ and thinks you need to sacrifice your first born to keep it running.
>>
If you have to ask, then you shouldn't attempt it.
>>
File: 1455150041277.jpg (80KB, 520x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455150041277.jpg
80KB, 520x750px
>>14721242

>if you don't know something don't learn how to do it

u wat m8
>>
>>14721268
There is enough documentation out there. Asking to be spoonfed is representative of a lot.
>>
>>14721276

This could be said about pretty much every post on every thread.
>>
>>14721100
If you want an LS-engined, RWD, manual sports car why in the fuck would you decide to swap one into an RX8? Its not even a particularly attractive car. Just buy a Corvette, its what you really want.
>>
He is probably hoping that it'll cost no more than 5k to swap an LS into a car he's going to buy with a blown motor for even less than that.

Sorry bud but you'll be needing a shop to do the work, and we're talking 20g's at the least...probably a lot more
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.