[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need new tires for my Honda Civic. I think I'll get Michelin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: tire.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
tire.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
I need new tires for my Honda Civic. I think I'll get Michelin Defender tires. Any better tires I could be getting? What does /o/ think?
>>
>>14720128
Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring.
>>
>>14720128
What are they supposed to defend? Your virginity?

All-seasons suck dude, unless you have really cold winters you really don't need to buy anything other than hard summer tires.
>>
>>14720143
I live in Minnesota, is that cold enough?
>>
just buy some cheap ones off a wreck

only fools pay retail
>>
>>14720149
Tires and brakes are two things I would never fuck around with on a car.
>>
>>14720128
They're great, long lasting tires. I had some 8 year old ones on my civic. What year is yours?
>>
>>14720143
>All-seasons suck dude, unless you have really cold winters you really don't need to buy anything other than hard summer tires.

Consumer reports says they're good
>>
>>14720163
2012 my man
>>
File: 1424770940581.jpg (114KB, 438x507px) Image search: [Google]
1424770940581.jpg
114KB, 438x507px
>>14720163
>8 year old ones on my civic.
>>
>>14720172
All seasons are no seasons.

If you live in Minnesota, you need dedicated snow tires and dedicated summer tires.
>>
>>14720195
>If you live in Minnesota, you need dedicated snow tires and dedicated summer tires.

Two seasons of tires?? I thought dedicated winter and summer tires were a scam.
>>
>>14720158
>brakes
ok
>tires
WHY??
if your tires get fucked worst case scenario you CHANGE IT
i ride motobikes and that's retarded to me, you have 4 fucking wheels on the ground.. literally no worries

wreck tires ftw.. they're 85% cheaper and there's generally nothing wrong with them
>>
>>14720221
>Driving on bald tires
>Terrible traction
>Tire might explode at any moment

Take your chances bub
>>
>>14720230
i didn't say bald, retard
WRECKED tires = tires from a wrecked car

often nearly new and undamaged

if you can't measure tread, GTFO
>>
>>14720210
If you're driving around on all seasons in snow, you deserve what you get.
>>
>>14720236
>Tire gets bomped mega-hard in the accident
>Tire is actually warped and dangerously unstable
>Filling it up with some air at the gas station
>The tire explodes and blows your clothes off
>Get arrested for indecent exposure
>>
>>14720256

I actually had a tire with a bulged sidewall once. Hit a pothole, had like a baseball sized bulge in the sidewall after. Drove on it for like 3 months, kept filling it up with air because it had a slow leak. Company finally replaced the tire only to find that the rim was bent. Guy at the shop used a 5 lb sledge to fix it, only to find a month later that the rim was cracked. Never blew up on me, but it was a pretty decent pain in the ass.
>>
>>14720210
Here in quebec it is mandatory by law to have winter tires
>>
>>14720256
>>14720266
if you don't know how to recognize a "warped and dangerously unstable" tire, you deserve to have it explode in your face

also, decent dealers won't sell dangerous tires.. but it's not my money.. keep spending retail tire prices, save the cheap ones for smart people like ME
>>
>>14720143
>All-seasons suck
I have a cheapass set of all seasons and they work great. Grip for DAYS
>>
I rock BFG RA-1 s on my CRX
>>
>>14720338
no, All seasons objectively fail at all tasks compared to other tires
You just have never had good tires, or have that buyers pride.
>>
>>14720190
Relax broham. It was only 2 and they're replaced now. It was the previous owner's fault. they all match now.

>>14720177
>he bought the worst year civic
is it at least a manual?
>>
>>14720128
Op is that pic up at kennecott!
>>
>>14720319

You are so fucking retarded it hurts. I hope your shitbox slams into a median when your jew tire explodes.
>>
>>14720128
It really doesn't matter on a Civic. Just get a generic set of all-weather tires and you'll be fine.

>>14720143
Or if you have any sort of weather at all. Most of America doesn't, but when it randomly rains year-round, you need all-weather tires.
Or when it sometimes rains on a hot road, and you're driving through clouds as they form.
>>
>>14721785
Summer tires perform better in rain than all seasons. They're garbage on ice and snow though.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.