[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Highway miles on a CTS-V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: BZ2A7913-1.jpg (1MB, 5760x3840px) Image search: [Google]
BZ2A7913-1.jpg
1MB, 5760x3840px
Hi, /o/.

I've been looking around for something that's a practical DD that I can use that would also have enough power to not be bored all the fucking time. I found a really nice CTS-V for about 12k on craigslist that has 230k miles. Catch is though, all of those are highway miles and the car has always been kept up on regular maintenance, the clutch has been replaced, everything looked mechanically sound when I went to see it awhile ago. So the question is, what is your opinion on a car with a lot of highway miles? Does it actually really mean that the car doesn't have nearly as much wear on it as if it were all city miles?

thanks.
>>
>>14718572
Forgot to include it's a 2005 model. Also it has the 5.7.
>>
Usually highway miles are better
>>
most people say its all high way miles even if it isnt. so take it with a grain of salt and you got to realize highway miles or not, maintenance or not, its a highly strung sports car engine with 230k+ miles. be ready to pay out the ass on repairs or a new engine not long from when start driving it if you buy it
>>
>>14718588
Apparently he has proof of it being all highway miles. I can put the craigslist add in a comment if you want but I agree. I'm just looking for something to have for another 2 or 3 years until I get my raise to be able to buy a proper new luxury car. Thanks for the words of advice anon!
>>
>>14718572
If the service records check out then I'd buy it. Assuming it passed a thorough test drive.

If you're just a poorfag looking for a cheap cts-v you're in for some trouble. It's an expensive performance car which has expensive wear items.
>>
>>14718635
I have enough money to maintain a car like this, and I have experience working on LS motors but all i'm concerned about is dat entire engine having plastic covers on it. I assume they're removable but yeah. the LS6 motors seem pretty reliable especially because he has all the records for it and the usual wear items (in particular the OEM shifter bushings, which he replaced with CS ones)

thanks for the advice, man. Will be going to test drive it within the next week, the first time that I went to look at it I was in a bit of a rush and didn't get a chance to.
>>
>>14718702
Then go for it
>>
>>14718702
Man didn't you even research this car? Get an 06 or 07 with an ls2 and a non shitty rear end. Early cts v come with an ls6 and a rear end that is prone to breaking and wheel hop under heavy acceleration
>>
File: 1365924527770.gif (498KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1365924527770.gif
498KB, 300x400px
>>14718572
>230k miles on a 2005 CTS-V
>>
>>14719035
oh sick, another one of these ...
>>
>>14718909
hmm, I figured the rear differential cradle mount bushing would remedy that since he's had it upgraded from a later model suspension
>>
>>14718572
If it's 'all highway miles' then it didn't get time to warm up before being hammered.

You're being lied to.
>>
>>14718572
I saw 230,000 which is high but then again not bad.

then i remembered i think in KM's

>391,000 kilometers jesus christ
>>
Here's a link to someone who has 650,000 miles on a C5 Corvette (CTS-V will have similar type of engine and transmission)

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/man-puts-650000-miles-in-his-2000.html

I'm sure if the CTS-V is all highway mileage and taken care of then why can't it hit similar figures?
>>
>>14718611
this would be one of the most foolish decisions you could ever make in your entire life. There are plenty of other performance oriented sedans you could buy for 12k that would be better on your wallet - and you wouldn't have to completely rebuild.

Try the Acura TL or the Infiniti G35

"highway miles" is a gimmick dealers and sellers use to get you to buy high mileage cars. Don't fall for it.

Stop trying to justify this purchase - it isn't even remotely worth it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.