[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easy to maintain manual cars for beginners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Aston-Martin-Vulcan_03.jpg (644KB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Aston-Martin-Vulcan_03.jpg
644KB, 4000x2250px
Alright, I don't know shit about cars, what would be an easy manual transmission car to maintain? By easy I mean that the parts are relatively cheap and easy to come by. I want to learn more about cars and work on them to become an expert. Any reliable websites for comparing parts, buying shit, and generally to learn more about cars?
>>
>>14718432
>what would be an easy manual transmission car to maintain?
The car where you don't abuse the clutch and shift like you are an extra in a Fast and Furious movie.
>>
Civic
>>
>Easy to maintain manual cars for beginners
>pic is a car that needs engineers and technicians to turn it on
4chan is 18+, leave
>>
>>14718442
The picture really matters.
>>
A Miata is a good choice for a car that's easy to maintain

Tranny can be changed with out a jack it is so lightweight to make those clutch changes easy
Shitload of apace in the engine bay make underhood work easy
>>
>>14718432
Civic, miata, small truck (Ranger, s10, Tacoma, Frontier)
>>
>>14719231
A Miata is a good car if he wants to feel like a fuccboi
>>
Any pre 2000 cheap shitbox
That includes Miata, Civic, Corsa, Shadow, whatever the fuck
>>
Just buy a civic or an integra
>>
Pic related. I had one as a first car they're super simple.
>>
>>14719292
You'll also be crushed if an angry Cletus in his wife's SRX nudges your rear end.
>>
>>14719302
Everyone ITT is suggesting 90s cars, they're all pretty unsafe.
>>
>>14719307
Safer than 80's cars, cheaper than 60's cars
>>
shadow
>>
File: lancer2.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
lancer2.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14718432
old mitsubishi lancers. i'm pretty sure the sedans don't go over one ton and you can get parts anywhere
>>
Miata are gay as fuck
>>
>>14718432
I was you. I went the mk1 and mk2 VW diesel route - cheap parts - fairly available, hard to kill, great internet support. Now its 10 years later and I can do anything on them - just did a rering on an 86 jetta, daily driver is an 86 golf I bought for $600 a year and a half ago and put about $200 into - 40+ mpg.
wouldn't call it "easy" though. If you start down this path (with any kind of car) and don't enjoy the work, stop
>>
>>14721597
I wonder if you are just pretending to be retarded or are you really this fucking insecure.
>>
>>14718437
Kek, you haven't driven a difficult manual then.

A custom racing transam I couldn't even drive, and a stock lotus i maneuvered like a kids toy. Never assume that you'll be able to get behind the wheel of any car and be able to drive it.
>>
What's /o opinion about poniac fieros?
>>
>>14718432

Any Koenigsegg
>>
>>14719252
2.5/10
Made me comment
>>
Porsche 944
>>
>>14718432
I'm surprised no one in the thread has mentioned it yet but Honda Civic, the clutch is easy and forgiving, the shifter is usually really good, easy as fuck to maintain, and depending on which Civic parts are plentiful and cheap
>>
>>14723425
body kits
>>
Lancaster
>>
>>14718432
Honestly? It's pretty damn easy to learn manual on a Corvette, but I wouldn't recommend it as a first car
>>
>>14718442
Is this bait?
Or are you really autistic enough to think that OP was asking about the Vulcan being easy to maintain, and not just using it as a cool photo for his post
>>
>>14719307
>le 90s so old
>omg like they're so unsafe were seat belts even invented
>they don't have coal stations anymore I can't even
>>
What brand is considered a reliable and cheap for a tool set? What are the essentials or must have in a tool set?
>>
>>14719231
second. that engine bay is pretty cramped though because the car is so damn small, big pain just to replace the oil filter, gotta go through the passenger wheel well.

not saying they are hard to work on though.
>>
>>14724597
Just buy a bunch if shit then keep buying more. Seriously no matter how much shit you'll always end up not having a tool and be running out for it.

Start with a basic socket set, wrench set, breaker bar, mini sledgehammer, screwdrivers, jack + stands and torque wrench then buy other shit as needed. If you really want to get into it you could also get a air compressor, impact and impact sockets. NEVER EVER use regular sockets on an impact
>>
File: rootinest.png (157KB, 711x789px) Image search: [Google]
rootinest.png
157KB, 711x789px
any toyota corolla. any really common toyota.

ebay my nigga
>>
Civic, Lancaster, miata
>>
6th gen civics probably have one of the largest if not the largest aftermarkets in the world. You ca get CAI and and all the other bolt on shit for dirt cheap and you can install it yourself easily.

When shit breaks its also cheap to repair which is another huge plus
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.