[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I promise I havent seen Initial D.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: s13stanced.jpg (45KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
s13stanced.jpg
45KB, 640x429px
Well I honestly dreaded asking this question because I never usually get positive responses on 4chan regarding anything I want to be informed on as a person new to the scene but sometimes I figured fuck it. I've never really but into cars before about a few months ago, I ogled as many Lambos and Bugattis as much as the next guy but I never had a real appreciation for it, until my I saw some kids in m3s at my local mall in the parking lot drifting at around 3 am, it was like something out of a movie. I got really interested and started to research it and have pretty much figured the best thing to get started is rwd car and good suspension, but I know theres more to it than just that? Anyone here that could actually give me some kind of advice? Whether it be mechanic advise or technique.
>>
TL:DR I wanna start dirfting, i get the basics of how to start but I want some more insight.
>>
you want something cheap, good handling, easy to repair, reliable and has a decent aftermarket, and has lots of potential
s-chassis is the go to for those reasons
>>
>>14714942

Learn the basics of "losing grip"

OVERSTEER
>Turn car
>Hit the gas
>Back tires break loose

UNDERSTEER
>Hit gas
>Turn
>Front tires break loose

From there, just lrn2drive
>>
>>14714943
>>14714945
Is the keiichi drift bible actually worth the watch? I asked a bud of mine and he said no but hes a 19 year old shit head.
>>
Also I know the famous run of the mill drifts cars, rx7, 86, miata, and 240sx, but none of those cars are common in my area, but 90s era Mustangs are super popular, would that be a good choice? Wouldnt mind hearing you guys suggestions on car choice.
>>
>>14714942
just get a cheap rwd car, it depends where you live

if you live in australia then go for a commodore or falcon. they're cheap but heavy, but have atleast some power that shitbox rwd cars don't have.. once you actually learn to drift then switch to something a bit more expensive like a silvia
Skylines are also pretty cheap, like R31s, but even some of the cheaper r32/r33 models (the cheap ones are usually auto though, but you can still drift in auto just put it into high gear, can't clutch kick though which makes drifting way easier).

if you want a proper drift car, then a silvia is probably your best option. they have good options for upgrading, are cheap and handle well for drifting.
theres other cheap cars as well but silvia would probably be better. like ae85/86 are cheap in america, but are old and 85s have crap engine. ke70 (or te72 in america i think, but i think te/ke are pretty expensive over there while ae are cheap) in australia is cheap, can turn them into a car that will be almost identical to an ae86 but you have to replace a lot of things to make them better, the engines they come in are a shit and if you want to register it you have to get it mod plated, so might aswell drop better engine then 16v 4-age. they have pretty good userbase in australia though so it's easy to learn how to do things, and ae86 bits will fit in them.

you can just get a shitbox like an ae85/ke70 that has not much power, put in some coilovers to get better handling and go downhill just as well as other cars.. if you want a daily driver car, and not a track car, i wouldn't go put in springs/lowered so much that driving on any road is a total bitch. if you're going to do that, atleast get a 2nd car... you're car will take less abuse from hard springs on bumpy roads and it won't be a bitch to drive somewhere because it has a few potholes around

>>14714959
yes.... it shows you most ways which is just weight shifting, using engine power, and handbrake
>>
>>14714959
if you want to learn and understand dynamics, yes. its a very good place to start.

>>14715088
>ae85
stop saying this. ae85s only exist in japan, even then they are incredibly rare.
>>
Welded diff, and coilovers. Get some strut bars too
>>14714969
>90's era

eh 80's Fox bodies are a hidden secret, you might pick one up for cheap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nuw8xOnsfg
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.