[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New car buyer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1454964835348.jpg (64KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
1454964835348.jpg
64KB, 680x454px
What are the best options for a first time buyer? I don't make much so I want to aim for something cheap. What should I be looking for in the car and stuff? I seriously know nothing
>>
Walk away and buy a used car.
>>
>>14714912
Ok here is the basics. Your car payment should never be more than 20% of your gross monthly income (that's the max, depending on your financial situation, you might want to shoot for 10-15%).

If you make 1000 gross in a month, your car payment shouldn't be any more than 200 dollars

As a first time buyer, it's in you interest to shop around. Check local banks (and Credit Unions if you have access) to see what rates you quality for. With a traditional bank expect around 10% as a first time buyer. With a credit union expect about 5%

If you are going to go with something new, stick with something that has good resale value, and will be within your budget.

While your money will go much farther with a gently used (2-4 year old) car, it's much easier to qualify for financing on a new car, and new cars offer much strong first time buyer incentives. Weigh your options with both, and make the choice that works best for you financially
>>
File: miata_is_always_the_answer.jpg (53KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
miata_is_always_the_answer.jpg
53KB, 700x700px
>>14714912
>>
>>14714912
90s corolla
>>
>>14714912
90s corolla/90s civic
>>
>>14714937
Thanks bro
>>14716089
>>14716200
Is this a trick? Two people saying the same on chans usually means meme
>>
>>14714912
How much cash do you have on hand for a down payment?
>>
>>14714912
Life is difficult. It is more difficult if you are stupid.
>>
>>14714912
Just ask them how much, after they tell you, say deal but I want the car washed for free. They might give you a hard time and if they do tell them now you want 2 car washes for free and keep adding it up until they cave
>>
>>14716353
>usually means meme

it is a meme just like the miata meme. A few years ago it used to be the volvo 240 meme, dont fall for it.
>>
>>14714937
This.

Especially the part about shopping around for a loan. I when to three different places, and I went from a 3% APR to 1.99%. Some places will even give you better interest rates depending on the car you buy.
>>
Not OP, but a college student with 0 credit. I have no car, no way to get groceries without bumming a ride off a friend, and need a car.

I had previously gone to one of those super cheap car lots and got something as cheap as humanly possible, but it broke down every 3-5 weeks and died after less than a year.

How can I get a car with no credit and like $1000 for a down payment? I work and have scholarships to the point I could probably make payments of $125 a month, but I don't think I can get financed.
>>
>>14717284
Bum rides until you have 2k and buy a car off Craigslist.
>>
>>14717455
That's what I did last time and the car broke down usually twice a month, until dying for good after less than a year
>>
>>14717592
If you can't get a reliable car off CL for 2 grand, maybe you should just buy a bicycle.
>>
>>14717592
You have to know what to look for. Or bring someone who does.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.