[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Problem Thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1455769578652.jpg (52KB, 399x464px) Image search: [Google]
1455769578652.jpg
52KB, 399x464px
Hey, /o/, what the fuck is wrong with your car?

I'll tell you what the fuck is wrong with mine.

Whenever I lock the wheel, reverse or drive, if I even slightly put on the throttle I get this clunking sound and feel, like it's hitting something. I suspected it was the CV axles or the ball joints, or just SOMETHING in the suspension, I had that specifically looked at and the mechanics told me it was okay, they said it was most likely in the transmission (autotragic) but they weren't able to look at it because of how long that would take.

So, /o/, is my transmission fucked? What's wrong with your cars?
>>
Same thing is going on with my truck OP. One of the bushings on my sway bar rotted away so I figured that might be the cause, but I replaced it and I still get the same sound.
>>
>>14714156
That's shit, my man. I don't know what the fuck it is but I want to fix it.
>>
>car shudders between 20-30 mph
>engine is running perfectly smooth
>shuddering goes away completely at ~50
>braking is still smooth

what the fuck is this shit
>>
>>14714135
seeping oil from the front of the engine. Could be oil pan gasket or it could be crank seal. The oil level doesn't noticeably drop between oil changes so it's probably fine. Perfect otherwise.
>>
>>14714175
From my unprofessional opinion, it's something either in the suspension or the shocks, at least that's what it sounds like to me
>>
>>14714199
Rear shocks have recently been replaced, front shocks could be something to check though.
>>
>>14714135
>motor mounts need replacing
>outer tie rod ends need replacing
>I needed food so I bought that instead of replacing them this check
>2 more days until payday
>poor fag status
>>
>>14714175
first check tires for leaks/proper pressure, then make your way inward- to the wheels themselves, the hubs, brakes, axles, joints, shocks...
>>
>>14714325
Yeah, that's probably the way to go. Thanks for the tips, guys.
>>
Not exactly a car,
I put my scooter in my garage for the winter but now it wont turn over
I tried to kickstart it but that didn't work either
>>
File: 1454359484727.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454359484727.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
when ever i floor the gas pedal on my rsx base auto, i get this smell of something burning maybe? i want to know if its normal. maybe its obvious because im gunning the car.

i just changed the oil and trans fluid. drained and filled and it is at good fluid levels. its been 4 days since i changed the fluid. should i let it sit more before i decide to hit vtec?
>>
I got a 4.7 that misses for ~20 seconds after a cold startup
Wondering if its a leaky injector or some shoddy wiring the PO's mechanic did.

Front end also makes a fuckton of travel noise, but I know thats the swaybar link bushings.

Front tires have little chips and chunks missing out of the outer band, but not the inner band. Both sides too. Steering box has a lot of play in it, but idk what else could cause it, no death wobble or vibes.
>>
File: daewoo_poobira.jpg (76KB, 590x443px) Image search: [Google]
daewoo_poobira.jpg
76KB, 590x443px
>What is wrong with your car?

It's a Daewoo...
Pic related
>>
>>14714135
I'm leaking fuel from the bottom of my recently purchased 2004 Crown Vic interceptor. It seems like the problem is at the bottom of the fuel tank. There appears to be two metal support brackets under it. One of them is severely bent downwards and filled with epoxy. This is where the leak is coming from and it gets worse when I push on it. WAT do? How much would this cost to fix at a shop?

Also, I need to mount front license plate brackets for my new license plate, it's just a bumper with no screw holes for the license plate. How would I go about doing that? Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uH_X-9fjfI
>>
>>14714175
Had a Volvo S80 come in that did the same thing at higher speeds, replacing the axles fixed it.
>>
>honda accord

Nothing besides the paint falling off

I don't have the usual honda clearcoat problems either, my paint is literately flaking right off. I like honda but they easily have the worse paint out of any car manufacturer
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.