[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ Can yous take me through the process of an oil change,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Hey /o/
Can yous take me through the process of an oil change, I just wanna make sure I'm not fucking up.
From memory its:
>get try or if the car is able to be lifted up on a hoist one of those reach bucket thingamjigs
>remove the sump plug
>burn hand on hot oil
>wait for it to drain
>remove oil filter and let that drain into bucket/thingy
>put new filter
>put sump plug back on
>new oil
>PROFIT

I'm pretty sure I'm right or at least in remembering the Toyota service center way from work experience

Pic unrelated
>>
You don't have to jack up your car unless it's low enough that you can't get under it. And while according to experts that it's not entirely necessary, it doesn't hurt to wet the oil filter gasket with the old oil. Some people even fill the filter with it, but given that they put oil filters on the top of some engines now, that doesn't seem necessary. Then yes, filter, sump, pour new oil.
>>
File: JDM centipede.webm (1MB, 604x328px) Image search: [Google]
JDM centipede.webm
1MB, 604x328px
>>
yeah also undo the oil fill thing to get the oil to gush out faster, then fill with the plug out till you see new oil (only do that if you have like an extra liter of oil)
>>
>>14713457
Thanks man you're a champ

Do you need several bottles of oil or one, its my first time doing it out of shop. Or will it say under the cap?
>>
>>14713466

lol fucking tards, how did they manage that?
>>
File: 6.jpg (263KB, 1008x1472px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
263KB, 1008x1472px
>>14713486
>>
>>14713476
Sweet
>>
>>14713457
>according to experts
>Marty & Moog
>>
>>14713482
Look at your owners manual and forums for the recommended amount.
>>
>>14713547
Good plan
>>
>>14713492
I don't really like car meets, but I like going to them to see the retards publicly display their retardation when leaving the driveway where the thing is held
>>
>>14713492
> High powered
> Rice
keke
>>
File: WP_20160301_19_14_41_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160301_19_14_41_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
I want to point out that this thread died many hours ago and to prove that /o/ is a pretty segregated board (ie. /osg/ DailyAusfag and DailyBike) this thread hasn't 404'd. Take from this what you will. I rekon its upto is being a tad bit more mature than other boards eg. /k/ where a thread is made to piss people off and is shut down immediately but there's a whole Lotta them as well as a community that just calls each other fags and /pol/lards? Thanks /o/ I like yous cunts
>>
>>14713457
i dont think anyone puts the old oil into the new filter, but you can prime the new filter with new oil before attaching it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.