[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electromotorcycles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/
Why don't you have one yet?
>>
Because I don't want one.
>>
Batteries aren't high enough capacity
Still takes too long to charge
No clutch of any sort, the Empulse has one so it doesn't feel like riding a scooter

Give it another 5 years and e-bikes will be pretty cool, but they still aren't ready yet.
>>
>>14711539
>~10k
>looks like shit
>electric
lol what a joke

Any bike can go fast
Any bike can have good fuel economy
but electric bikes take out all the passion / feels / exhaust
>>
>>14711551
> invalide argument
up to 320km range
up to 115Nm
up to 2,5h till 80% charged
>>
>>14711567
> clutch is 1900, welcome to 2000
> riding w/o clutch is safer, makes more fun
>>
>>14711576 invalid argument

You just went full retard. Never go full retard.
>>
>>14711576
"Up to" is one hell of a qualifier.
The Zero SR with added power tank can go "up to" 197 miles on a charge. The people at Zero themselves will tell you that if you accelerate hard that you'll end up getting closer to 70 miles out of a full charge. Thats one hell of a difference in mileage.

The batteries simply are not good enough.
>>
>>14711576
N O E X H A U S T N O T E
literally wtf, major point of owning a bike.
loud pipes save lives faggot
>>
i'll get one when the technology is better for sure

i need r a n g e

dat torque tho

bet it's fun as fuck
>>
range is shit on these if you drive the least bit aggressive.

I sold my tesla for the same reason. Fun to drive around but it you stomp it at every light like god intended ur gonna watch those miles just fade away
>>
>>14711618
this
it's a fucking assassin's ride
>>
damn not that I look at the link. The supermoto one looks fun AF and its cheap
>>
>>14711675
The FXS does look pretty good, have to give them that.
>>
>>14711648
Self control, anon
>>
If I was rich and wanted a city bike, I probably would buy one.
>>
File: Empulse.jpg (931KB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Empulse.jpg
931KB, 1333x2000px
>>14711539

I can't afford it, but i want one badly. Electric motorcycles are cool as fuck. I wanna be able to street race / hoon around without the police hearing me from a mile away.
>>
>>14711539
>Why don't you have one yet?
Freaking expensive.

But besides that. Batteries Batteries Batteries.
They still have a long way to go.

Unless a miracle happens, some standardized battery exchange / refill scheme should be put in place to actually use el. vehicles.
>>
They're like LED light bulbs. Getting there, but not quite there yet. In 10 years they will be amazing. But you still can't tour on them.
>>
File: 1458778749048.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458778749048.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
>>14711539
Too slow, takes too long to charge, is ugly, isn't involved enough (no clutch, no shifting, no noise).

Motorcycling is 100% about muh feels. It's dangerous, inconvenient, uncomfortable and unwise. If I'm going to ride a motorcycle, it has to satisfy muh feels.
>>
>>14713048
They make a noise, its just not very loud. The electric motor whirs when it spins up. Similar to how a jet turbine sounds.
>>
File: costanza monitor.jpg (22KB, 393x315px) Image search: [Google]
costanza monitor.jpg
22KB, 393x315px
>>14711539
>ZERO S zf13.0 max range at 70mph
>81mi (130km)
It won't even make it to a track day and back, forget about the track riding itself.
>>
File: y2kturbine.jpg (42KB, 470x293px) Image search: [Google]
y2kturbine.jpg
42KB, 470x293px
>>
File: MeetMe2015-11-30_234909.jpg (67KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
MeetMe2015-11-30_234909.jpg
67KB, 640x360px
>>68774165
Pick related i built for $2500. Gets 40 miles range. Rebuilding it. It isn't expensive and its fun and fulfilling to make your own custom electric cycle on the cheap.
>>
because its a piece of shit and anyone who says otherwise is a delusional electric hipster fanboy faggot
>>
>>14713258
A guy at my university has a homebuilt looking electric motorcycle made from what looks to be Ninja 500 parts. There's a cool factor there but I doubt it's cost effective vs a stock Ninja 500 and it's probably slow and short ranged as fuck. He always parks it in the golf cart zone of the engineering building to charge, and doesn't get a ticket, so that's cool.
>>
>>14713280
Yah faggot you better keep storing those shitboxes. New gas cars have compex as shit ecu stuff and firmware. Simple ac and dc drivetrains are going to be the future of the custom market.

Get ready to become urrelevant, unless you're willing to spend $40k to get some antiquiated v8 machined. Meanwhile ill grab my motor from the electric forklift in the junkyard.
>>
>>14711539
related:
http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/electric/empulse-tt-titanium-silver-havasu-red

By a brand you know isn't going down the toilet anytime soon.
>>
>>14713308
okay, enjoy running out of battery power after five minutes on a backroad. if you can even get out there.
>>
Cause I'm waiting for those damn nips to make one.
>>
File: laughable, man HA HAAA.png (225KB, 642x343px) Image search: [Google]
laughable, man HA HAAA.png
225KB, 642x343px
>>14713308
You live in a fantasy world.

You seriously think the internal combustion engine is going to go from ubiquitous to a rare oddity in your lifetime?

Pic related
>>
>>14713349
K ignore chevy, ford, and john deer using dmca to protect their drivetrains. You seriously think you can mod cars like you used to? ICE engines arent as simple as they used to be and many will not work wothout the cars computer. Dc motors just have two poles. Can't beat that. Try moding any new car and have fun
>>
>>14713367
Prove your claims.

To me it sounds like your tin foil hat is on too tight.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.