[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you take car to mechanic because it needs a clutch >tfw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1421367174493s.jpg (5KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
1421367174493s.jpg
5KB, 238x250px
>tfw you take car to mechanic because it needs a clutch
>tfw you normally do all work yourself but you don't have the lift and other necessary stuff for clutch job
>tfw they somehow fucked it up and it's slipping again 450 miles later
Hold me, /o/
>>
>450 miles later

>they fucked up

LOL

learn to drive faggot.
>>
Get jackstands and some friends
>>
>>14711272
This. Sounds like you burned a clutch in 450 miles.
Stop trying to launch at every stoplight.
>>
>>14711305
>launch at every stoplight
I would bet that it's impossible to burn a clutch in 450 miles just by hooning like a complete fuckface.
>>
>>14711366
Not if you slip the clutch every shift. Or try to burnout incorrectly. Trust me, you can go on youtube and find videos where people are burning clutches in under 30 seconds. I'm pretty positive 450 miles would be easy.
>>
>>14711243
Did you follow the break in procedure on a new clutch?
>>
>>14711272
>>14711305
I have taken it VERY easily. I've had the clutch done in my 98 Forester and it is still alive 70k miles late and no sign of dying.
>>14711415
Yes, I was still following it. I actually prefer to take it extra easy for 650 miles before I did anything fast. I've been driving like a grandmother.
>>
frogposter go
>>
You don't need a lift to change a clutch. I changed my clutch in my back yard with some jack stands. It was a FWD too, so it was a bitch.
>>
>>14711394
Every shift has slip anon. You need to rev match to get it within a few hundred rpm but nobody can rev match perfectly every shift.
>>
>>14712105
Doing a backyard clutch job on a vehicle with a longitudinal engine is an unholy pain in the ass. The extra few hundred bucks you'd pay a shop for labor is well worth it, especially for a daily driver.
>>
File: 1458945773285377717212.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
1458945773285377717212.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>14712105
I'm at my wit's end I can find how to drop the frame and I'm at my wit's end trying to get this bitch out of the engine bay without mateing it back to the engine and pulling both. Any advice anyone? 02 accord. If I havnt managed to get it out by Sunday I'm just gonna pay someone.
>>
>>14712364
No shit, and clutches were designed to endure this minimal level of slipping. What he's referring to is shifting slowly, leaving the clutch halfway depressed at high rpms causing an excess amount of friction. Most noobs slip the clutch while trying to get going in 1st gear, revving the engine up too high while releasing the clutch too slow. Hill starts can also cause an excess of slip, as well as shit shifting at high rpms.
>>
>>14712641
Oh believe me, a few days in and I was wishing I had paid someone to do it. But in the end I learned a lot and I know it was done right.
>>
>>14712683
https://youtu.be/qv-wb-VltZY
I would try to find a DIY guide on an accord forum for step by step instructions.
>>
>>14711243
i kinda laugh when junk breaks and you automaticly blame the guy you paid to replace one part out of 6 that could cause slippage i mean on the other hand maybe they did fuckup a part that can only go in one way and unless the part is defective not fail
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.