[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad for the economy for Americans to buy Toyotas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Toyota-4Runner-2009-3.jpg (1MB, 3000x1994px) Image search: [Google]
Toyota-4Runner-2009-3.jpg
1MB, 3000x1994px
Is it bad for the economy for Americans to buy Toyotas?
>>
>>14710874
I know it's bait but, of course not. Pretty much all Toyotas on sale in the us are built here.
>>
>>14710874
It's great for the economy. The money saved not having to repair American junk cars can be put into the economy.
>>
>>14710948

Except for 4Runners like in OP's pic (current 4Runners as well)
>>
>>14710995

Pretty much =/= all

But yeah. America has many Toyota and Nissan models that are not found anywhere else in the world.
>>
>>14710948
the cost of assembly isn't the biggest factor in the price. Research and Development of the car and all its components, not to mention the manufacture of the components is a pretty significant amount.

Generally all the R&D is done in the manufacturers homeland. Often they will ship in components and have those assembled, and claim "built here, or made in the usa".

That all being said, as long as japan keeps buying u.s. military equipment and gov bond/treasuries.. then it all works out.
>>
>>14711026

>doing research and development for a specific nation

>not doing the R&D in that nation

I guess that's why tubdras don't come with dually diesels.
>>
>>14711026
>Generally all the R&D is done in the manufacturers homeland.
A lot of that is happening here though, because US-market cars are so different.
>>
>>14713298

IIRC Toyota still has a design studio in So Cal. Honda also does a lot of engineering and testing at the TRC next door to the plant in East Liberty, OH.

The tier1 suppliers also do global engineering. When I worked for a powertrain tier1 we had lots of 6AM conferences with Korea, Japan, and Germany.
>>
>>14711026
there's quite a few foreign make's design studios based in the US.
>>
why does it matter
>>
>>14711026
>Generally all the R&D is done in the manufacturers homeland.

The opposite. It's usually done in the market it's intended for.

Toyota pickup trucks have a design HQ in Ann Arbor, MI, as well as research/marketing HQ in Torrance, CA. Most of their components, including the frame, suspension, transmission, etc., are built in the US either by Toyota subsidiaries (including Hino in WV) or American companies. Most of them are assembled in San Antonio, TX, but some are also assembled in Tijuana, Mexico.
>>
>>14710874
>Is it bad for the economy for Americans to buy Toyotas
Maybe bad for scrapyards.
Toyotas are not GM or Chrysler garbage.
>>
>>14710874
if you get a car that does not need as much fuel as anolther then you reduce the nation's dependency on foreign oil. its patriotic magn
>>
>>14710957
>not having to repair
>>14713646
>bad for scrapyards.
But repair and scrap are an important part of our economy.
>>
>>14710948

Prius isn't
>>
>>14713298
I said research and development, not faggoty ass Cal art styling.

Engines, transmissions, platform, must mechanical and electrical is in the homeland.

The color and texture or the seat is done in market.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.