[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cracked transmission case "repaired"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ugh.jpg (398KB, 580x790px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
398KB, 580x790px
Got the pictures back from the shop.

Unbelievable.
>>
>>14708937
HAHAHAHA JB WELD
it works though you could've done it yourself.
>>
Its not the weld I'm most concerned about (though it looks horrific). Its what appears to be an entirely different bushing, with a big gash in it.
>>
File: bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>14708937
>>
>>14708963
looks like the same bushing. I don't see what the issues is. Even if there's a gash in it it's not going to effect its performance unless it effects the interior.
>>
>>14708988

Where did that silver edge come from? It looks like violent force was applied to it, enough to warp the edge and cause the gash. Who knows how that could have affected it inside.
>>
Top fucking kek how much did you spend to have some kid slap JB Weld on your stupid tranny crack?
>>
>>14708996
Some younger guy at the shop could've fucked with it before the old dude stopped him from fucking it up
>>
>>14709003
Didnt spend anything, all under warranty - its to repair a transmission the shop installed (which then promptly started leaking oil into the clutch). I pointed out this crack to them and they said they would tig weld it up...

Been waiting 4 months to get all the repairs done, its clear they dont give a single shit about the car.
>>
>>14708937
What car?
>>
>>14708996
most bushings ive messed with had a bronze coating for being easier to press in. could have scratched the coating leaving the underlying aluminum bushing in good shape. i dont know why people keep saying jb weld either. you can see the puddles from the tig weld
>>
>>14709068
Hm, that would make sense.

Should I raise a stink about this with the shop, or just be quiet, get my car back as quickly as possible, then immediately put it up on CL before the tranny decides to grenade?

>>14709052
A Getrag 282 from a 1988 Fiero
>>
>>14709080
I'll give you $500 for the Fiero
>>
>>14709162
Newly rebuilt transmission, $5000 firm
>>
>>14708937
Dude, you need a whole new 'faceplate' or whatever it's called. The shop fucked up.
>>
>>14709202
>faceplate

You do not belong here.
>>
>>14709198

I know what I got no lowballers serious buyers only
>>
File: 1451179408296.jpg (62KB, 517x610px) Image search: [Google]
1451179408296.jpg
62KB, 517x610px
>>14708937
>>
>>14708937
actual mechanic checking in.
1st. that isnt JB weld. The crack was tig welded. all the white shit everywhere is proof of this.
2nd. your "bushing" isnt damaged beyond use, the coating is simply scratched.
3rd you get what you pay for.
>>
>>14709080
i would just take it. you said it took 4 months to get this done. i dunno about you but i would want to get the fuck out of there asap rather than deal with 4 more months of bullshit. aint worth your time and worry
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.