[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Engine running hot? Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1990-Mazda-Miata-10.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1990-Mazda-Miata-10.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
Hey guys, back in october I purchased a 1990 NA miata, and it had serious timing issues. I decided to swap the engine out for a new one from another car. I chose a 1993 donor car and I just had the engine installed a week or so ago.

The shop that did all the labor did it cheaply so I predict that they didn't do all the work right.

I noticed that when I idle, the engine has been getting warm. I just had a shop replace the temperature sensor because they thought that was what was wrong, and now when I idle, the temperature is at 3/4th of the way to hot. It goes down a little bit when I drive but its still higher than just to the left of the dead middle like its supposed to be.

I also have significantly less heat than I used to.

I think its a thermostat issue. Is it possible that they damaged the thermostat when installing the new engine? What would you guys say?
>>
is there a radiator in the car?????
>>
>>14693768

Yes
And the fans work perfectly fine
>>
What's with all of the Miata threads guys
>>
>>14693773
is there coolant:??1?1
>>
>>14693776
>Why are there lots of threads about an inexpensive drivers' cars on a board full of poor 20 year olds
Gee I don't know. Why do you need to shitpost?
>>
>>14693776
/o/ likes cheap fun cars I guess

>>14693782
yes there is enough coolant in the vehicle
>>
>>14693762
Just replace the thermostat. That's one of the reasons you have a cheap simple car innit?
>>
>>14693799
Yeah I suppose it can't hurt, right?

It plug on top of the thermostat housing looks weird to me, but maybe I'm just used to my old car.

I'll try that and see.
>>
>>14693762
Most likely a rusted thromostat that isent opening up all the way.

Replace that then if that doesn't work bleed the coolant might have a bubble in there some where
>>
>>14693823
That's what I had thought. I'll get the parts at autozone tonight and replace it myself tomorrow morning. Its running fine enough for now to get me home.

If not, I'll look into having a place bleed the coolant for me
>>
>>14693833
Why would they need to do it for you? Just open the cap and run the engine for a while.
>>
>take out thermostat
>get a pot of water, put it on the oven
>place the thermostat in the water
>boil the water
>record what temperature the thermostat opens
>????
>profit

Don't be a parts changer
>>
>>14694208
Is that how you bleed it?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.