[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

v e r s a b a b y

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: versa bby.jpg (133KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
versa bby.jpg
133KB, 640x480px
planning on getting this versa 16 for 14k

what are your thoughts on it? the only car i've had/driven is a 2001 ford explorer sport

im worried its gonna be crap because its the cheaper model
>>
You're right, it is gonna be crap.

Buy used, for 14k you can get really nice cars from like 2008-2010
>>
>>14692447
yeah that's what i was thinking. waiting to hear back from my bank about an auto loan to see what i qual for then just move from there

need a new fucking car BECAUSE I CAN'T KEEP DRIVING AT TEN MILES A GALLON
>>
>>14692454
How much do you have to spend on a car? (not including a loan)
>>
>>14692459
maybe two grand after i sell my current one, i have to drive a lot so i spent a lot on gas.
>>
>>14692464
If you only care about mpg maybe a Prius? My sister had one, it was reliable and good mpg but it wasn't too great in anything else..

What exactly do you want from a car?
Just mpg? Reliable? Good interior? Fun to drive?
How many seats do you need?
What's the max amount you are thinking about financing?
>>
>>14692442
Get LITERALLY anything else.

Cancer is nicer to have than a Versa. Avoid any 2007+ FWD Nissan.

Just get something else. Thank me later.
>>
>>14692442
Get a brand new Mitsubishi lancer for $14k
>>
>>14692471
i just want a car that gets more than 25mpg and can seat 5 people comfortably
15k would be the absolute max
>>14692480
yeah the car looked kind of cheap but im not sure about what is a good price for anything
>>14692488
you're a mitsubishi lancer
>>
>>14692495
go buy a used Toyota Corolla, or Yaris.

The Versa is cheap, unreliable and shit to drive. I drove the CVT and it's garbage. I drove the manual to see if that was any better and I PREFERRED the CVT variant. I love manuals but the manual in the Versa is trash, and the CVT transmission is always blowing itself to smithereens.
>>
>>14692442
I think there's an uglier car you can find.... You're not trying hard enough
>>
File: toyota-yaris-r1a-ral_600x0w.jpg (52KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
toyota-yaris-r1a-ral_600x0w.jpg
52KB, 600x400px
>>14692512
Actually... Yea. Get a Toyota Yaris. Does everything you want. and the mechanicals are 15 years old so any issues were worked out ages ago.
>>
>>14692546
i'll see if they have any in my area man
>>
don't spend that much money on a car that drives exactly the same as any shitbox made in the past 20 years

find literally any 1.6L 4 cylinder front wheel drive japanese sedan and drive that, you won't notice a thing, and you won't get 14k into debt for it

at least look at certified pre-owned. you can get a '15 midsize sedan with a bit of mileage on it if you insist on getting into 14k debt. you would have a case for the 'quality' of the newer vehicle then.
>>
>>14692562
yeah that's what i was told. apparently they charge up the ass at the dealerships here and most people go to san diego or yuma to buy cars since they're local
>>
>>14692442
If you want to buy a versa cheap, don't buy a new stripper-model from a dealership.

Buy a used one from a rental company. Same price, 40,000 miles, all the options
>>
>>14692570
thanks man i had no fuckin idea they sold used cars at rental places, i thought they donated them or something for tax credit. looking at enterprise now and the prices are great
>>
>>14692584
check a couple different ones, every rental company options them a little bit differently. Some will have hatches, others only sedans.
>>
>>14692597
avoid versa's even from rental companies. That transmission is shit. I know people who had to replace their transmission 3 times before the car hit 100k.
>>
>>14692597
>>14692608
yeah i am
https://www.enterprisecarsales.com/car/340091/2014_FORD_Focus_SE_Sedan_4D?lpid=37080
is what im looking at right now, i like it
>>
>>14692612
Ok good. The Focus is a nice car. The Versa is worse than cancer, aids, or super aids.
>>
>>14692612
Most of the really bad PowerShift automatics were built in 2012 and 2013, so it should be safe.
>>
i got approved for an auto loan for 17640

any other places to look guys or cars that i should look for
>>
>>14693196
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Yaris
Honda Civic
Chevrolet Cruze (inb4 argument)
Ford Focus
Chevrolet Sonic (must be 1.4L Turbo)
Ford Fiesta
Scion xD
Scion iA
Honda Fit
Kia Forte
Dodge Dart (avoid 2.0L models. 2.4L Tigershark or 1.4L Turbo)
Kia Rio

Avoid Nissan like the plague. Also, despite 30% of Kia being owned by Hyundai, Kia's are regularly more reliable and fun to drive despite using the same parts as their Hyundai sisters..
>>
>>14693243
ok i'll look at kia
hope they're good
any other good rental car places that sell like enterprise
>>
>>14693262
just check any rental place. They generally sell off their fleets after a year or 2 for new cars.
>>
>>14692454
Never buy a new car to save money. You're going to pay more for insurance, have a car payment, and pay higher taxes every year. You're just rearranging how much you're spending. Shut up and buy a civic for <5k.
>>
>>14692442
I thought this was gonna be one of those modern car design threads.

Jesus fucking christ just look at that snout
>>
>>14692442
>Those front lights
>Those fake vents
>The size of the hood & undoubtedly lack of access to the engine bay
>The car sits so high off the ground and the wheels are so small and ugly you'll see the springs and dampers from a mile away
>That entire body shape
>Probably has a 1.4L 60hp + CVT

I wonder why people buy this
>>
File: 01nQlW3.jpg (734KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
01nQlW3.jpg
734KB, 2448x3264px
>>14692442
i've driven a versa as a rental car and it was AWFULLLL

shit ton of road noise, cheap interior, incredibly slow, didn't even get that good gas mileage, cramped interior, and not to mention it's hideous

don't bother OP, save yourself the headache.
>>
>>14693486
The Versa OP was looking at was a 106 HP 1.6L with a CVT
>>
>>14693608
that was just a stock image, i have no idea what model i was looking at last night when i went to the dealership
>>
>>14693625
In America, the Versa is 1.6L only. The only transmissions are a 5 speed manual or a CVT automatic.
>>
>>14693608
So I'm not far off lel
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.