[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /o/ I want to get a NA miata as a first car, but mommy wont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: confused miata.jpg (78KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
confused miata.jpg
78KB, 540x366px
sup /o/

I want to get a NA miata as a first car, but mommy wont let me, because it's too old. Is it? Or is it still a good car?
>>
>>14687817
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbZE-Y5cXbY
4 minutes in
>>
>>14687839
u wot
>>
>Mommy won't let me get
>Too old.

If this isn't bait. I'm afraid to say that I don't think there is much hope for you here. Your mother sees it as an 'unsafe death contraption' and wants you in something with a rear view camera and the thickest A pillars money can buy. As a gun owner I can tell you, there isn't a whole lot you can say to a mother with the 'protect the childrens' mentality to change their mind on anything.

Enjoy your inevitable CX-5.
>>
File: 1456886750844.jpg (78KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
1456886750844.jpg
78KB, 680x454px
>>14687839
>>
>>14687860
my mom's alright with me having a newer one, she just doesnt want me to get something like the 1991 that Im interested in
>>
>>14687884

That is exactly my point. My statement about A-Pillars/Rearview Camera was hyperbole, but still relevant to my point. She only sees it as 'rusty metal death trap' because of its age.

You got two choices. A) Get a newer car or B) assuming its your money buying the car, just buy the fucking thing without her consent.

Because its going to be hard to convince her to 'risk her childrens life'. You won't be doing any favors when you try to get her in one with a soft top and its louder than a guy having sex with a bear trap
>>
File: miata - cool green.jpg (805KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
miata - cool green.jpg
805KB, 1600x900px
>>14687970
in all fairness, NA's are pretty unsafe, especially since the first generation airbags are rather bad and will often bruise or burn you in a crash

OP; why not get an NB instead?
if anything they're better cars in all aspects (power, handling, interior), and they look like mini FD rx-7s, they only lack popups
>>
is your mommy cute
>>
>>14688011
this desu senpai
>>
>>14687817
It's your fucking money innit
>>
>>14687989
I find NB hardtops hard to find. and thats a MUST for where I live
>>
>>14687989
But the pop-ups are kawaii as shit.
>>
>>14687817
If its your money stop being a little bitch and buy what you want. If she is paying for it then you are shit outta luck and also be grateful for the fact your mom is buying you a car.
>>
File: ASSAULT CARS.jpg (758KB, 1100x1800px) Image search: [Google]
ASSAULT CARS.jpg
758KB, 1100x1800px
>>14687860
not OP but your anecdote is exactly what happened to a friend of mine.
>MUH CHILLUNS
>>
>>14688651
This
She's wrong but that doesn't matter if she's paying for it. If she's not then tell her so. I can only imagine where I would be if I consulted with my fucking parents every time before I bought a car. These days I just show up in a different one whenever I feel like it and every single time
>you paid HOW MUCH? For that?? When it's that old and with that many miles?
>oh my goodness anon but it's so impractical
>it's foreign? enjoy your repair bills. Your money I guess..
>I'll never understand why you don't just get a new car and make payments. it'll be reliable and you won't have to worry about repairs. you could have it for a decade!
Yeah. Fuck em
>>
File: 1456270862453.jpg (80KB, 549x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1456270862453.jpg
80KB, 549x1190px
>>14688608
who fucking cares

>>14688535
ok just buy a hardtop separately then
>>
>>14687989
That's assuming the NA in question has airbags, my 1991 NA has no airbags. but i second the suggestion on the NB MX5, still looks great, not as heavy as the NC.

i doubt anyone can convince a mother an mx5 is safe, but on the plus side is when you don't need mommy's permission you can go out and buy one on like a months salary.
>>
File: 2016-02-15 08.05.54.jpg (694KB, 1813x578px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-15 08.05.54.jpg
694KB, 1813x578px
Assuming your 18 ;^) you can legally just buy the car without your mom. I daily a 97 Miata with a hardtop and everything and I have multiple close encounters on the road. People coming into my lane, people cutting me off, etc. The only reason I have never been hit is because this thing handles like a fucking monster. If I was in any other car at the time I would have been hit. Every time you get in the seat it feels like your being connected into the matrix. You and the car are one and you know exactly what the tires will do.

I say go for it no matter what. If anything, the miata is a tool for teaching drivers proper balance and tecnique. You will probably outgrow it in stock form, it doesn't have alot of power, but luckily the aftermarket has fixed that with turbo components. You can build a DIY setup for 200 HP for about $2000.

Assuming you live in a place with emissions, and you want to modify it, then you have to go with a car made before 1995. (They dont have OBD II)

This means your options for a 1.8 are only the 94 model year. Anything below that is a 1.6. The 1.8 BP block is objectively a better engine for everything, and it can be easily swapped into a 1.6 car. The transmissions and everything are the same.

Best of luck. Check out /miata general/, miata.net, miataturbo.net, and clubroadster.net.

Pic related is my car.
>>
File: IMG_6486.jpg (572KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6486.jpg
572KB, 3264x2448px
here's one, i bet it's pretty cheap ;^)))))))))))))))))))
>>
>>14687817

Its perfectly decent car. All of the usual praise and criticisms apply, but fuck other people. Get what you want pusseh
>>
>>14691220
both 1994 and 1995 cars have 1.8 engines and OBD1, so you can run a megasquirt on both years and pass emissions. 1996+ cars have OBD2
>>
If youre paying for it then why would you need their consent
>>
>>14687817
tfw my mommy gave me her NB when she got a new car
>>
File: 1451955394947.png (67KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
1451955394947.png
67KB, 283x178px
>>14690749
>I'll never understand why you don't just get a new car and make payments. it'll be reliable and you won't have to worry about repairs. you could have it for a decade!
>buys a Chrysler
>>
She's right.

Why in the world would you buy a fuckin car from 90s, 20+ years old, which not only is unsafe but it need many attentions and manteinance?

In a crash between a NA Miata, with you inside, and a random modern car you'll be dead. Guaranteed.

Stupid americans and your obsession for extremely old used cars...buy something else younger instead.
>>
>>14690749
Why do people think that new cars = better

I told coworkers I was going to get a 280z and when they found out how old it was they asked why I dont just lease a new car instead, because its better
>>
>>14693020
New cars ARE better but they are NOT funnier.

When it comes to buying a smartphone you peed your pants for an used nokia 3310 when in 2016 new phones are light years better?

Do you live inside a house made of mud like niggers or inside something better?
>>
>>14693036
Is this bait, houses and phones are nothing like cars
And a 30 year old car does its job just as well as a new car, except its more fun and you wont be paying $30k for it, while not even owning it once its paid off
>>
Where can I find a Miata that isn't shit? All the ones I'm seeing on CL are like 240k miles and 4k because the AC blows ICE COLD.
>>
>>14693519
Find a decent looking one with no rust, and haggle. Haggle like a motherfucker.
Or look in out of state CL and plan a trip.
>>
>>14693519
check how long they've been up
anything older than 5 days is overpriced and the seller will not come down on price for at least a month because they 'know what they have'
good miatas sell fast, be ready to go check out a new listing within 24 hours with cash inhand, and. just be aware that anything over 4k better be really, really good
>>
if she's paying, strongly suggest the ND, it's glorious. Has all those new car advantages she wants, and all the fun you want.

If she's not paying then fuck her, buy what you want.
>>
>>14693958
this, but you might want to consider coilovers on the ND because everything about it is excellent except the pretty soft stock suspension. like, softer-than-NC-soft
>>
whats a $2000 2 seat roadster that isn't 20 years old?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.