[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could this work in real life, /o/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: untitled-1-1310523091.jpg (48KB, 576x400px) Image search: [Google]
untitled-1-1310523091.jpg
48KB, 576x400px
from what ive seen at the start of the movie (lol not seen the mangas) it seems to be a twin-rotary with ceramic rotors, wide tires, electronic ABS (which is basically standar on all vehicles) and a redline of AT LEAST 12k rpm (which is not very high considering rotaries rev very high, same with bike engines).

Could this 200hp monster exist? and reach at least 150 mph? And when i mean "exist" i mean copying exactly the same amount of features that the movie shows it has. Even with that terrible handling due to its front tire placement.
>>
>>14687223

Yes
>>
>>14687223
If the Tomahawk exists I don't see why not.
>>
Ceramic rotors? Sounds like it would be hot shit for a few hundred miles then slowly start to fracture and explode
>>
>>14687296

I dont know shit about ceramics, even if i come from /k/, but cant ceramic have its own alloy like metals?
>>
>>14687223
What makes you think its twin rotaries?
>>
>>14687223
motor bikes with rotors and bikes of the shape exist
just not at the same time
so get building don't let your dreams be dreams
>your suspension and frame will be shit and the hardest thing to get good at
>>
>>14687333
https://youtu.be/_b9akEQQJng?t=62

Technically its twin ceramic rotors PER wheel.
>>
>>14687343
Good luck sourcing an engine... unless you're suggesting he builds that, too. I think the only high performance bike with a rotary was the Norton F1.

>>14687377
Where are the engines?
>>
>>14687446
No fucking clue where the engines are. It was never explained and we get nothing else than what was stated in the anime/manga and what we can make out of the shape. Maybe one of them is in front of the cockpit and the other one is under the seat? also, there is no need to grab a bike engine, i can just grab 2 RX7 engines and use that. If the first gen RX7 had 100hp output 2 of them will make 200hp, right?
>>
File: 57a8dc2a75a76a0a5f38fef263a527ed.jpg (195KB, 736x1075px) Image search: [Google]
57a8dc2a75a76a0a5f38fef263a527ed.jpg
195KB, 736x1075px
>>14687377
Twin Ceramic Rotor Drives on Each Wheel.
200 hp at 12000rpm
Computer controlled ABS brakes.

I think its electric. @4:51 Kaneda says 'Damn, my motor coils were just getting warmed up'.

Not to mention the amount of space you would need to keep a rotary cool enough to be able to sustain 12,000rpm for any prolonged period of time.
>>
>>14687465
i didn't knew what the motor coils were. Maybe its a mix of both. And being the future, it could be that the engine runs on nitrogen cooling
>>
File: Mazda_HB_Cosmo_007.jpg (386KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda_HB_Cosmo_007.jpg
386KB, 1280x852px
>>14687458
Yes, but they are pretty big, no? I really don't have the technical know-how to comment on the feasibility of something like that, but it seems difficult.

>>14687465
Electrical motors seem way easier to pull off. The motors can be hub-mounted and you just need to deliver electricity to them. Battery, controller, motor. That's all you need. Most importantly you won't have to fit two transmissions into the bike somehow.
But warming up an electrical motor isn't really a positive thing?
>>
>>14687578
i think electric is correct.

see fig.2 in this tech drawing.
>>
>>14687660
so the ceramic rotors are brakes?
>>
File: megola.jpg (1MB, 1936x1296px) Image search: [Google]
megola.jpg
1MB, 1936x1296px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3WRTzclB4M
how does two wheel drive work out on a bike ?
I can only find fwd
>>
>>14687737
brakes and engine. so assuming an electric drive that applies load to the motor to brake?
>>
>>14687744
The bike would be more stable than most modern bikes anyways. Katsune's bike has tires around as thick as a car's
>>
File: h2.jpg (1MB, 2573x2446px) Image search: [Google]
h2.jpg
1MB, 2573x2446px
Why would it matter when Kawasaki makes a supercharged piston engine bike with over 300 horsies?
>>
lol i don't understand why /o/ thinks rotaries rev that high

They really don't rev as high as people think. A heavily built rotary (read really fucking expensive) might be able to do 12K rpm but not reliably for very long. Most race engines stop making power before 10k rpm.

You're better off with a bike engine is 200hp @12K rip em's is what you want
>>
>>14687898
because natural aspiration and throttle response will always be better. That's what dogumi fushijara taught me.
>>
File: Hoover_dam_rotor.jpg (166KB, 576x577px) Image search: [Google]
Hoover_dam_rotor.jpg
166KB, 576x577px
>>14687737
no they are rotors
>>
>>14687923

He's a shit-diddling nigger that Dagumi fella, the H2 and H2R are truly godmachines. Every reviewer has said there's no lag (because SUPERCHARGED) and throttle response is crisp as fuck.

It goes like this:

Supercharged > VTEC > N/A > Turbocharged
>>
>>14687377
also has a reverse gear...
>>
>>14687968
>supercharger > turbocharger > Vtec > N/A

Even then, natural aspiration has its own charm.
>>
Turbo >NA > supercharge > nos

modern turbos are leagues better than modern superchargers.
Port timing, compression ratios, and ignition timing are of course important in all applications
>>
turbos can go fuck themselves
>>
>>14688000

Turbocharging is a poor-man's supercharger, and naturally aspirated engines and those with VTEC don't suffer from horrid turbo lag.

A decent N/A engine of equal horsepower is far better than some faggoty little turboshit ricer.

tbhfam I don't even give a fuck because all I care about is supercharging, everything else is pleb-level
>>
File: 22b.jpg (13KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
22b.jpg
13KB, 640x352px
>>14687923
>because natural aspiration and throttle response will always be better. That's what dogumi fushijara taught me.

kek
>>
>>14688041
Literally the opposite.

On nowadays there is little to no difference between something like a twin turbo system compared to a supercharger. If you want to get technical the supercharger occupies less engine bay space and has no pipes and can produce more power per size than the turbo.

"Turbo lag" and "supercharger parasitic power" have been mostly eliminated in nowadays race-spec components.

>>14688061
An N/A engine with equal horsepower to a turbo'd engine would not be the same displacement.

The main advantage of having a turbo small engine reach the same power as a N/A bigger engine is that it will have better MPG at lower revs and reduced weight, but yeah, N/A is better than turbo if you can pick between the two without having a big power difference, thing is, the turbo IS a big power difference.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.