[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Impreza 2.5i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: New-ish car.jpg (515KB, 2048x1153px) Image search: [Google]
New-ish car.jpg
515KB, 2048x1153px
Just got this '08 Impreza 2.5i on Wednesday. Was doing some research and was going to put a new intake manifold, computer tuning, whole new exhaust system, and finally pulleys on it. This enough you think to get the car into the low 200 hp range?
>>
0/10
>>
>>14682844
0/10 post...also a waste on dubs
>>
>>14682838
/o/ probably won't know, have you tried hitting up a Subie board instead?
>>
>>14682838
No. Short of doing major work on the engine, you're not going to hit 200 HP. intakes will add about 1 HP in reality. exhaust systems can add 10-20, pulleys, maybe 2-4. You're not getting anywhere close to 200.
>>
Enjoy the Impreza for what it is, a comfortable sedan. Save all the money you would spend on a shitty intake, pulleys, exhaust and spend it instead on a fun car that can grow with you.
>>
>>14682838
Not even close. Your engine makes 170ish hp at the crank, not the wheels.
You're better off modding the suspension and getting some ZR spec tires
>>
>>14682951
170bhp base

>Intake 1

>Exhaust system 20

>pulleys 4

>not mentioning computer tune

1+4+20+170=195bhp-lack of computer tune

>nowhere near 200bhp

wut
>>
>>14682935
*sigh* yea I guess I should try a subaru containment thread
>>
>>14682981
Better question, who tunes N/A Subaru engines these days?
>>
>>14682981
That 20 was being extremely generous assuming an extremely restrictive stock exhaust. On that Impreza, you'll be lucky to see 5 HP.
>>
>>14683003
I mentioned in in the thread start I was doing from the headers all the way back to the exhaust tips....the whole exhaust system
>>
>>14682995
some poorfag who doesn't feel like changing the whole bottom end of his engine and just wants something to be in the very low 200hp range
>>
>>14683009
again. the exhaust on N/A Impreza's isn't all that restrictive. and neither is the intake.

You want a surefire way to hit 200 HP? cams, valvesprings and a tune.
>>
>>14683022
I've got an '00 OBS and fail to see any point in building up the stock motor
>gimme dat EG33
>>
>>14683031
thanks tripfag, and I mean that sincerely
>>
>>14683085
since the heads have to come off to replace the valve springs, have the heads ported too. more airflow means more power.
>>
>>14682981
>exhaust system 20

Comeonnow.jpg
>>
>>14682981
Exhaust, and intake won't do shit without an engine tune and rebuild.

More flow won't matter if the engine isn't made to use that flow.
>>
> Just got this '08 Impreza 2.5i on Wednesday

rip
>>
>>14683022
Is there really a bottom end in a boxer engine? Wouldn't it be more correct to call it building the middle?
>>
>>14682838

is it a manual or CVT?
>>
>>14682838
>buying the worst body style in decades
Why?

Also don't waste your money on mods. Why didn't you just save up a bit more and buy a WRX? See too many retards buying the cheap version, then spending thousands trying to make it something it isnt.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.