[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good replacement for my familys Impreza?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

We want something that has less road noise.

Still want a hatch back

Still want AWD

more power than the base impreza would be nice.

Will one of these suit out needs? Are they good cars?
>>
>>14682356
>Will one of these suit out needs?
probably
>Are they good cars?
Show me a good CUV.
There aren't any. Just get a used Impreza WRX or STI hatch.
>>
>>14682356
It's a shitty car for badgewhores. A hatchback CLA
>>
1) no, you don't need awd for snow, you need snow tires and awd is basically pointless unless you live up a 45 degree hill in canada

2) why a crossover? you'll never take it offroad, or on anything more than a gravel road, the ride height is pointless

3)gas mileage will always be compromised in a crossover
>>
>>14682400
My mom can't drive stick...
>>
>>14682441
Why is your mom outside the kitchen?
>>
>>14682406
This is what turns me off of it. I cant take people thinking we just wanted the car because of a badge. But we already have a bigger suv for when we need to tow stuff or go on road trips. so we really don't need a second large car
>>
>>14682455
My mom is a nice lady and she sometimes has to get food from the mega big food warehouse and maybe go to spin class to stay in shape for my dad.
>>
>>14682417
I drive the impreza into a lot of shitty places and if wasn't for the awd I'm certain I would have gotten the car stuck. We use snow tires in winter anyways and I love drifting around the empty city streets at 3am during a big snow fall... That kind of fun can't be had in a fwd
>>
>>14682464
Hagerty Insurance offers stick shift driving lessons. Look it up.
>>
>>14682479
My dad and I can both teach her but I just feel like she wouldn't be able to do anything right under the pressure of driving in traffic.
>>
>>14682479
Also who wants to drive a standard during a shitty commute to work anyways... we have a sports car for the weekends that both my father and I use.
>>
>>14682490
than disconnect her brake lines. problem solved.
>>
>>14682504
So I should kill off my mom so dad and me can get a STI?
>>
>>14682479
wait really? i've never heard of this
>looking up closest hagerty location to massachusetts
>>
File: 18kwzjbb0aaj2jpg.jpg (160KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
18kwzjbb0aaj2jpg.jpg
160KB, 800x600px
>>14682356
God if that isn't a fucking ugly interior though.
>>
>>14682526
https://www.hagerty.com/corporate/Hobby-Support/Youth-Programs/Hagerty-Driving-Experience

>>14682523
Yes. NO ONE in my family was allowed to get their license if they didn't know how to drive a manual. My mother could double-clutch like a pro.
>>
So does anyone have anything to say for this car?

Please I don't need to be told to kill my mom so dad and I can become Colin mcrae rally 2005
>>
>>14682551
fuck that, it's one of those really specific event things which is nowhere near anyone
>>
>>14682551
Lmao, Hagerty will teach youth to drive a classic car but absolutely will not insure them on a classic wtf...
>>
>>14682554
Why do you need awd?
>>
>>14682619
It comes down to when Its 2am and the roads have not been cleared of the snow and I am trying to go to 7/11 to get a Slurpee and a comic book and when I have awd I can drive with a bit more style while going around turns and what not...
>>
File: 1388865791497.jpg (120KB, 960x388px) Image search: [Google]
1388865791497.jpg
120KB, 960x388px
>>14682660
so you just need a good FWD sedan with a heavy V6... and you haven't looked at used Nissan Maxima's or decommissioned rental Chevy Impala's why?
>>
>>14682660
Are you serious? Good tires are all you need. Just get a mazda 3 or a volvo wagon, some of which have awd if you're a pussy.
>>
>>14682684
it needs to be a hatch back.
>>
>>14682685
We already have a volvo xc90 for when we are doing towing or carrying a lot of stuff/people so a wagon isn't necessary.

I'm saying it's a hell of a lot more fun to rip around a corner doing an awd drift and having grip to do it well than it is to rip the parking break and go around the same corner much slower... I just really enjoy the way awd cars handle when its snowing because they have such better acceleration
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>14682356
Volvo V70/XC70.

More reliable, practical and stylish than that piece of shit.
>>
File: can't argue with that.jpg (41KB, 330x414px) Image search: [Google]
can't argue with that.jpg
41KB, 330x414px
>>14682721
I always forget about fucking Volvo's.
>>
>>14682719
>autistic son dictating parents purchasing decision
let them get whatever they want.
>>
>>14682721
These are nice but a bit to large when you consider my family also owns an xc90 and don't need a second car nearly the same size.

Dad and I have been looking at the v60 though and it is a possibility
>>
>>14682727
Mom is retarted when it comes to cars and knows very little. Dad works all the time and doesn't have the energy or time like I do to determine the best choice. He has the final say obviously because he makes the money but I would like to be able to give him a few solid choices to consider.
>>
>>14682730
>the autism is strong with this one
>>
>>14683036
why do you say this?
>>
>>14682721
>Volvo
>stylish
kek

OP, just buy the GLA. It's a pretty nice car and looks really good in person, even though I don't generally like CUVs.
>>
>>14683281
So you think this >>14682356 and this >>14682532 is better?

Volvos haven't been boxy since a long time ago.
>>
>>14683296
Yeah. The GLA looks really good in person. It doesn't try to be an off-road vehicle, it's just a compact with a bit more of ground clearance yet maintaining it's sporty looks. Just like the original DS4, the 500X and the V40 cross-country.
Hell, even the CX-3 looks better than the original 3, which isn't that hard to do, desu.
And the interior looks good too, if you go for the black on black.
I'd definitely buy a GLA over a V40.
>>
>>14683323
Thank you. I just hate the nav screen though it looks like an after thought
>>
>>14682356
>We want something that has less road noise.
Hi mom
>>
>>14683344
Well, yeah. But then again, you'll only get rid of it if you go upwards in the range (starting on the E class).
I don't love it too, but if I bought one, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
Also, it's really well built inside, don't listen to the fags saying only the E and S class are """""real mercs""""". That's bullshit and only goes to show /o/ talks of its ass.
A friend of mine had a CLA and it was really nice inside, and the new C Class is amazing too.
You feel the quality everywhere you touch.
>>
>>14683371
Yeah If I could get a better trim level or what ever I would but I think they only offer a performance package that takes away from the comfort of the car. I bassicly just want the nicest hatchback car with awd on the market but there doesn't seem to be a lot around at the moment... I wish volvo brought back the c30.
>>
>>14683350
Driving 20 miles on the highway in our xc90 is bliss and you can whisper to eachother

driving 20 miles on the highway in the impreza is loud as fuck and you have to almost shout at each other...it makes me not want to drive the impreza long distance. Try living with that contrast and tell me you wouldn't rather have both cars be silent.
>>
>>14683405
What about a 1 series x-drive?
>>
>>14683437
Have looked into these and the only thing that bothers me is how much of an entry level bmw it is. It feels so cheap and I can't imagine it's much better then the Subaru performance wise.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.