[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heart broken, need alternative.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: c3.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
c3.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
Hey there /o/, i want you to know why im so down and need your help. Either finding an alternative way to get a decent loan or a newer car that wont make me hate myself.

Im about to graduate college with a BA in Maritime Business and Law, and ive always dreamed of buying a classic car to DD in once i graduate. But i just found out my credit union wont give out loans for anything "old". So i need an alternative vehicle to strive for.

>inb4 "buy a cheap project"
im looking for a DD, basically how people get a newer car when they grad, i just want one from the 60-70's thats been restored
>inb4 "save up cash, dont buy from stealership"
like above, im wanting a restored one, and its gonna take some time to save up 20k in cash, especially while driving my shit heap.

Im looking for something up to 20k, cheaper is obviously better, but im not looking to buy someone elses old beater.

What i wanted:
My main goal was a classic, but not one of the big ones (mustang, 69 camaro, charger, etc) due to boomer cost, but more for the semi overlooked ones (70's camaro, early monte carlo, 4 door impalas, etc). My requirements were simple for them; mpg over 14, and reliable while nice looking. Fairly simple.
It would be great if y'all could tell me what would be another way i could get a loan for one that wont kill me.

Reason why i didnt want a new vehicle was due to all the plastic and computer BS in them (all thats gone wrong on mine), but it seems ill just have to accept it. Ive always liked the new challengers, and the new camaro isnt bad, but those insurance rates kinda scare me away from them. I like large vehicles, so unless i can get a "muscle" car, ill be looking into fullsize trucks/SUVs. Any suggestions?

I dont need top of the line model, but i guess some creature comforts would be nice. I really only want american made.

So what should i look into?
>>
Self bump.
>>
>>14679320
Bumping for you, I hope you find something you enjoy.
>>
buy a Nova
>>
>>14679447
Boomer taxed to hell
>>
>>14679283

Find a different credit union.

The one I use has a 3 year loan for any model year at 2.24%, so far as I know you can buy whatever the hell you want with it as long as you can make the monthly payments and the car is worth it.

If you can't find a different credit union, try going for a personal loan. You probably won't be able to take out as much, but it might still help.

If you want something with classic simplicity without the price, look into a G body. They're kinda ugly, but they're still a pretty huge car. Quite a few came with a 305 stock, which is more or less immortal and gets decent mileage. They ride like a boat, have the pinky power steering, parts are incredibly cheap and most everything is pretty easy to fix.

If you ever feel like hopping it up, the aftermarket will get you anywhere from stock replacements to all out road course racing. You can even get a new/improved frame for it if you end up with $10k you want to burn.
>>
>>14679283
>But i just found out my credit union wont give out loans for anything "old"
There are companies that have auto loans specifically for "classic" or "collector" cars. You can even get one online now.

That said, you should probably wait. Classics aren't going anywhere, and right after you graduate isn't the right time to purchase something like that.
>>
Then take your banking business elsewhere. Vote with your feet and your wallet.
>>
>>14679283
You can get an unsecured loan, or home improvement loan in close to that amount, but the rates are going to much higher than a traditional car loan.

Loans in general are a bad idea unless your credit is near perfect and whatever you buy will never ever ever have a problem (which it will), and you know what you're fucking doing.

I would for anything in the malaise era, late 70's most of the run from low 4k to 10k but will most definitely have to put work into them to make them DD, as you're unlikely to find anything under 10k that is mint.

I would look at galaxies, mavericks, falcons, late 70's Torino's, malaise era C3's, 4th gen Nova's
>>
>>14679283

do you even have a job yet?
>>
File: 1371421683047.gif (1MB, 266x268px) Image search: [Google]
1371421683047.gif
1MB, 266x268px
>I only want the cars that boomers like, that someone else has already restored
>but they cost too much because boomers
>>
>>14679283
>im wanting a restored one, and its gonna take some time to save up 20k in cash
stopped reading here.

son, you aren't going to find anything but shit for 20k. 60s mustangs are junk, ones in the condition you are looking for start at 30k. Also the values are quickly rising due to no supply and increased demand. Expect those 30k cars to be 40k cars in less than 5 years.

Quit being a special fucking snowflake.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.