[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a weekend car / investment ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: ffsbmw.jpg (83KB, 920x690px) Image search: [Google]
ffsbmw.jpg
83KB, 920x690px
So /o/ I need your opinion on a possible buy that I'm about to make within the next few months.

I have on offer a BMW 745i/a e23 - all bone stock with 49k original miles. Executive line interior package.

Or an BMW 850Ci e31 with the 6 speed manual tranny also bone stock but in need of some new leather on the seats 60k original miles on it.

Both cars would cost me the same amount of money, as I am a cheap fuck that would drive these beauties only on the weekend or for a special occasion I'd want to be able to recoup my money after the love affair is over.

So in your opinion which one of these two should i go with for some weekend cruising and maybe a local car meet or two ? Maintenance cost is 0 for both as my father in law is an owner of a mixed Audi/BMW/VW service station.

Oh and do keep in mind im Europoor and not from the US. Wanted to ask this question on bimmerforums etc but don't want to live through a flame war about the auto or manual tranny and the V12 engine of the e31...

Thank you in advance anons !
>>
>>14678691
I'd go with the 850ci, perfect weekend car, but I'm real biased cause I don't know much about the 745. Damn the 850ci is such a beautiful car.
>>
File: DSC_0365.jpg (154KB, 1023x687px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0365.jpg
154KB, 1023x687px
>>14678712

indeed it is...
>>
>>14678691
An 850ci with a 6 speed manual is a unicorn and is appreciating every year. (so is the E23 but the E31 does so more apparently)
go for the 8 series
>>
Clean 8er is a solid bet anon
Nobody cares about barges.
>>
850Ci will always be a better investment car than the 7-Series. Moreso in Manual. No one likes 7-Series.

I'd look for a M car though, more cachet, better resale. E34 M5 3.8 comes to mind with classic styling, movie appearances, and people paying more money for them.

Even in America a decent 850Ci goes for $15-20k. Less than I expected.
>>
>>14678768
>E34 M5 3.8 - they're a dime a dozen here, lets just say that closer to eastern europe is the place where sport BMW and Audi cars come to die... And not a graceful death at that...

I always thought that the e23 would be a likable car as the e24 is a legend - thought the 7 might one day catch up with it. Especially the one with the turboed engine like the 745i has.
>>
>>14678780
Is OP in Eastern Europe?

And yeah, I figured that. But you guys are killing them quick enough that at least E34 M5 parts are rare.

The older M cars (E30/E34/E36 even) are already appreciating quickly in America/Western Europe. E30 especially.
>>
>>14678840

Uh.... yup i killed 4 m60 engines so far in my e39 and ended the poor car this winter. I'm on my 1st F30 currently and thinking about meth in this baby.

I would never buy an M locally no way no how. And don't want to pay EuroTax import fees for something I'd import from Germany/Austria etc...
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.