[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ford Transit Connect Wagon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: f.jpg (457KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
457KB, 940x529px
Convince me not to buy one.
My family/week-end/vacation car broke and I (kind of) need a 7 seater.
I hate SUVs and most vans (or can't afford the ones I don't hate).
The problem is that the exact configuration I want is not available on a 200+ miles radius.
My choices are either travel a few hundred miles, convince a dealer to modify an existing car or wait a few months for one to be built to my specifications.
Either way, I have to wait; meaning that I have a lot of time to think it over.

Should I buy it?
Should I search a used one (the 2015 and 2014 models with the configuration I want were quite common)?
Should I consider something else (it has to be under 35.000 out the door)?
Should I just give up the idea of having a 7 seater?
>>
>>14669535
Why do you need so much room?
>>
>>14669543
I don't NEED, its just nice to have.
I have two kids and a lot times a few of the friends' kids end up with us over the week-ends.
Also amerifat on vacation (that should be enough in itself).
>>
>>14669555
Nice trips. I can't say anything bad about the transit connect. But I can say

>having kids
>any year
Pleb.
>>
>Convince me not to buy one.

i also was looking into buying one but then...

Shitty fiesta interior
Noisy in highways
Not reliable
Not as roomy

go test drive one and see it for yourself

the only good thing is that they are cheap, get one off-lease for about 16k (2015 / 20k mikes)
>>
drove a ford transit van for work and it's easily the worst vehicle i have ever driven

would rather shoot myself than have one for a daily
>>
>>14669638
True statements. I work at a ford dealer
>>
>>14669638
>>14669659
Please elaborate more about the reliability.
The only complaints I read about were the trannies (a gasket that leaked fluid onto the clutches and poorly designed software) but the later models were updated to avoid the problems. The same tranny and same problems were found on Fiesta and Focus.
I test drove one and I kind of liked it.
>>
File: 1500x646_spacetourer_1.222150.jpg (347KB, 1500x646px) Image search: [Google]
1500x646_spacetourer_1.222150.jpg
347KB, 1500x646px
>>14669535
>>
>>14670001
Implying we get that in the USA.
>>
OP here
anyone has anything better to say than
"not good"
"don't buy it because I say so"
"buy this thing here that you can only get on a different continent"
?
>>
>>14669638

Made in turkey

>no thanks
>>
File: 233198_2017_Chrysler_Pacifica.jpg (199KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
233198_2017_Chrysler_Pacifica.jpg
199KB, 1200x600px
For not much more the new Pacifica looks fucking fantastic (for a minivan; never thought it was possible for a van to look this nice) and will be a lot more refined.
>>
>>14672568
>made in mexico

no thanks
>>
>>14672568
>>14672573
made in Spain actually (Valencia more precisely)
This is supposed to be an international model (somehow free of "muhrickan made quality" although, at least the tranny, is made in US)
>>
>>14669535
DO EET

it fit five 6'+ guys, two of them lardasses, comfortably and there was still plenty of space for our gear. Decent to drive too. The only negatives I remember were the pretty meh interior and susceptibleness to crosswinds on exposed streches of highway
>>
>>14672909
this doesn't help me either
I kind of want it but I'm afraid of "Fix Or Repair Daily" reliability ...
>>
>>14672926
what are your other options atm?
>>
>>14672992
7 seats
heated windshield (easy to defrost/defog)
panoramic glass roof (just because)
17" wheels (because the base 16" have crappy tires on them)
leather seats (because kids that spill stuff)
>>
>>14673034
I worded poorly, what other vehicles are you considering
>>
>>14669535
>I (kind of) need a 7 seater
Unless you have six children, you don't need it. You WANT it.

>>14669555
>I have two kids and a lot times a few of the friends' kids end up with us over the week-ends.
How many extra kids? More than one? If so, you still don't need a fuckfat car.

>>14672753
>free of "muhrickan made quality"
That can only be a good thing.

>>14672926
Ford Europe and not Ford Murrica, so it's going to be actually reliable.
American cars are monkey models for the US market. Gimped.

>>14673034
>kids that spill stuff
New rule: No eating in the car. Problem solved, AND your kids don't get fat!
>>
>>14673043
You will laugh but my other 2 choices were a MB wagon from early 90s (I had found a really nice 300TE a few days ago) or a Ford Excursion (amerifat 4 life, 8 seats with option for 9th, drool over that you europoors!)
on the "reasonable side" there's only the Mazda5 (limited to 6 seats unfortunately)
>>14673096
I have 2 kids
usually 2-3 extra kids
it's ironic that the only thing that has KNOWN reliability issues is the tranny (made in US and developed in collaboration with GM)
in my (23 year old) car there's no eating/drinking, in my wife's (4 year old) car kids are always eating/drinking and I won't be always driving the new car hence the probability of spills is > 0
also, my wife and kids are as skinny as they get, I'm the fat one (and getting fatter)
>>
>>14672571
>shilling a fucking Chrysler minivan this hard

How much are they paying you per post?
>>
>>14672560
Have you test drove it to see if you at least like the ride? Have you tried maybe even renting one for a few days?
Why would you travel 200+ miles per trip to get a vehicle that can be delivered in a few months to a dealership near you (unless there is a substantial discount far away that can offset the cost in fuel alone of such a trip)? It doesn't seem like you are in a hurry, so going that far seems like a stupid idea and a waste of time and money, considering you might need to go there at least a couple of times (when ordering and when picking up the car) at best.
>>
File: nurburgring king.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nurburgring king.webm
3MB, 640x360px
based transit
>>
File: handscar.jpg (43KB, 639x418px) Image search: [Google]
handscar.jpg
43KB, 639x418px
>>14673447
>from the outside
>>
>>14673417
I test drove one, I liked it; and, if I were to ignore the size, weight and the inevitable body roll, I liked it more than a Fiesta ST I test drove on the same day.
If I were to choose between those two as a DD, I'd choose the TC without hesitation
True, I drove it for about 2 miles only but, because I drove A LOT of different cars in my life, I don't need more than that to know if I like a car or not
Driving a lot to get one though is out of the question now that I discovered that there isn't one with those options anywhere in US ...
>>
>>14673447
>what the fuck where you doing that added an extra 3 hours onto your delivery?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.