[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you for or against lane splitting? Personally I'm against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: yDqS2VK.jpg (64KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
yDqS2VK.jpg
64KB, 500x400px
Are you for or against lane splitting?

Personally I'm against it unless traffic is at 10 mph or below. Filtering seems much safer.
>>
>inb4 /dbt/
>>
>>14664068
I'm from cali, nanny state extraordinaire. we allow lane splitting and I think the people passing me at 30 mph when i'm doing 10 mph or 60 when I'm doing 40 mph are absolute assholes.
I hope they keep letting them do it though, if you want to go so fucking hard that you are going to lane split every day during commute more power to you.
We had an asshole that was literally just pressing his horn every 5-10 seconds on some shitty jap bike while he was lane splitting, get some loud pipes if you want to be loud asshole.
>>
>>14664274

It's pretty hard to lane split at those highed speed differentials from what I can tell. Watching moto v-logs the riders often have to slow down and watch their bar and mirror clearance.

Anybody who's willing to take a risk over that really is asking to eat it in an accident.
>>
>>14664068

When I was visiting california I knew to look for and expect lane splitters, and it happened pretty much immediately once I entered more populated areas. It was nice, people knew that they needed to mind their lane space and so I did, I really liked it whenever I'd let a moto pass.
>>
>>14664068
Lane splitting shouldn't be legal. Filtering should be though. The only time people pay attention to other cars is at red lights.
>>
>>14664068
For it, provided it's done safely and car drivers are educated about it so they don't get themselves into a tard rage every time someone filters past them.

>mfw someone works themselves into a tard rage over me filtering past them
>mfw they're driving next to me, screaming about shouting and angrily gesturing
>then they zoom off
>mfw filtering past them again at the next set of lights
>>
>>14664274
yeah silly him for wanting to alert people to his presence with a device that doesn't piss people off at all times whether you want to or not
>>
>>14664068

In theory it's a good idea, but in practice there are too many asshats that don't know how to do it without being an asshat about it -- especially people who ride in groups. They'll bang mirrors thinking that they can squeeze in, revbomb for no reason, and be slow off the line when the light turns green just cut you off at the last possible second.
>>
File: cunt.png (727KB, 993x563px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.png
727KB, 993x563px
I don't think lane splitting or filtering should be legal. I've seen bikers do it in Toronto on two separate occasions, and both times they hit vehicles as they were filtering. Luckily one was a parked car and there was no one in it to witness him, but the other guy clipped the mirror of some bubba's RAM and he lost his shit. Sure enough though, sneaky little bikefag scooted off through the intersection while the truck was stuck behind a few cars.

Bikers, for some reason or another, tend to operate with this "holier than thou" attitude. It's as if every single person in their car is out to get them or something, and they're just these poor innocent citizens trying to exist in a nasty, cruel environment.
Stop being babies and playing the victim all the time, I get sick of this never-ending shit parade. Bikers are JUST as bad when it comes to road violations and dickish behaviour as car drivers are. I think the major difference, though, is that the dickish behaviour coming from car drivers is often unintentional and the result of inexperience or just being a shit driver. With bikers, it's intentionally dickish as they cut between cars, travel in packs and bog down traffic for some "tribute ride", or act like jackasses by stunting on public roads.

You wanna use public roads, you can operate the same way everyone else does. You don't get to cut in line while everyone else has to wait, and try to mask your childish impatience with "muh safety concerns". You just want to cut in line and weave between traffic, fuck you. Suffer with the rest of us.

t.bitter cager sick of you faggots playing the victim card
>>
>>14664068
For, as long as it's reasonable speeds.

A trio of scooterfaggots shot past me in traffic doing at least 20MPH today. Tight space, stationary traffic. They're gonna have a nasty accident doing that one day.
I did at half that speed and on a bicycle once. That's when I learned to slow the fuck down around cars, because I got bruises all the way down my back from landing.
>>
californiafag here, if you don't think lane splitting should be allowed you're a dumbass.

And that is based on personal experience, congestion and accident statistics, and academic research. Lanesplitting, properly done, is a win win scenario for all involved.
>>
>>14669593

>anything properly done is excellent

No shit faggot, the problem is most bikers take advantage of lane splitting, dent cars, break off mirrors, etc.

If bikers could be trusted not to act like total fucking babies it would be legal everywhere, but 99% of overgrown children (hence the bikes), so they will remain subjugated like cars.
>>
File: 2010-Hyosung-GV250AquilaEFI.jpg (267KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
2010-Hyosung-GV250AquilaEFI.jpg
267KB, 2000x1333px
>>14664068
Lane splitting and filtering is legal in NZ provided you have you hazards on or indicator on to the right and that you don't exceed the speed limit of the road. People over here are fairly use to it so it pretty easy. in rush hour traffic i easily save a good 40mins of my trip splitting. Usually going around 40-50km highest i have gone is 90km. Shits real fun and wakes up up in the morning. Just need to watch out for asians in 4x4.
>Pic related my bike
>>
Should only be legal if done while doing sick ass wheelies
>>
>>14667707
Irony-the post
>>
>>14667707
I'm still gonna lane split
:^)
>>
>>14664068
As a motorcycle rider, I would only filter when traffic is stopped. It wouldn't be unreasonable to do so if traffic was moving slowly at 10 mph or less, but I wouldn't feel safe doing so myself. That said, it's illegal in my state anyways so I don't have any first hand experience.
>>
>>14667707
>he thinks filtering is "cutting the line"

Get educated, son.

Filtering to the front stops motorcyclists from sitting at the back of the line, waiting to get rear-ended. If we're at the front we're not as likely to get hit from some texting soccer--mom applying her makeup.

Plus it eases congestion. One less bike in the queue means one less person for you to sit behind.

We're doing you a favour, you know.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.