[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wake up >see this on my driver window What happened /o/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

>wake up
>see this on my driver window

What happened /o/?
>>
View from the inside
>>
file a police report
>>
Somebody doesn't like you OP
>>
Fell asleep at the wheel I reckon
>>
You got shot bruh
>>
>>14663659
>>14663657
I parked on the street and it was only one window

Traffic goes by quickly sometimes, my initial though was that a rock must've ricocheted

Trash truck drove by through the neighborhood today, so maybe that could've cause such power?

Or possibly a bullet ricochet?
>>
>>14663663
Lmao I meant I woke up from my house and walked outside to see this
>>
>>
I came out to find my rear window smashed last year, cop came round to have a look and knocked on a few doors - I only reported it because my street has had trouble with kids from the local school vandalizing cars before but it was probably a rock thrown up by traffic

Don't replace it on your insurance it will probably cost more in the long run.
>>
Looks like you shot a gun from inside the vehicle
>>
>>14663653
>>14663655
well there is a clear hole there
so SOMETHING is inside your car, be it bullet or rock

If I were you, I'd thoroughly clean every little crevice to find whatever it was
>>
Being so small maybe a pellet from a airsoft gun?
>>
>>14663709
That would need to be a very powerful air soft gun to completely go though the glass
>>
>>14663720
I recall a episode of Myth Busters where they managed to brake a window with one , was a lever action to pull in air , not a modern one
>>
>>14663655
>that tiny hole
Don't worry, it's only 9mm.
Completely harmless.
>>
Looks like some punk kid fired a BB into your window. Check the angle of impact, then look through your car for the BB.

It's tough to tell, but the diameter of the hole looks to be too small for even a .22, and .17 and lower are extremely rare custom calibers. In the event that you can't find a BB, but find small pieces of twisted metal that is dull on one side and shiny on the other, you have found bullet scrap and should be VERY concerned.

Please, check extensively through your vehicle before calling the police. Otherwise, they will simply write up a report and walk away. If you can provide physical evidence, they at least have somewhere to start.

>source: I'm a barred in CA attorney that specializes in auto and personal injury. Our firm won't even take cases like this unless either the officers or the prosecuting party can produce physical evidence that what penetrated the vehicle was anything other than a rock. Reasonable doubt and whatnot, even though we do a lot of work in east LA
>>
>>14663720
Airsoft =/= pellet gun
>>
>>14663653
>>14663655

BB gun or .22 maybe
>>
>>14663734
Yeah, the whole is veryyyyy small

But I'm looking right now
>>
>>14663696
Safety glass explodes inward like that. It definitely came from outside the vehicle.
>>
>>14663673
Ricochets deform the round, you would not have a round point of penetration from a ricochet. This would be a direct shot from something.
>>
>>14663655
Look for jizz stains, it's a tripfag gloryhole.
>>
>>14663734
Kinda looks too small for a BB too
>>
>>14663766
It could be, there are various diameters of bb though. Many older bb rifles are smaller diameter than current, though the bb's are easier to find than small custome caliber rounds like <.17

How about this:
>Give me your zip code and I'll use a couple resources to see if there are any custom caliber crafters in your area and how popular they may be.

I'm bored at work anyway
>>
>>14663653
Also OP, please tell me how round the hole is.

>Perfectly round
>Extremely round
>mostly round with some starring
>mostly round with one-two flattened sides
>not round
>>
>>14663653
niggers
>>
File: 1456944378784.png (393KB, 717x604px) Image search: [Google]
1456944378784.png
393KB, 717x604px
>>
>>14663734
>>14663811
>>14663766
Just because there was a hole doesn't mean the round went all the way through. It could have been a non-penetration that removed enough material via spalling to create a small hole.
>>
>>14663825
>>14663811
>>
>>14663852
Stick your dick in it
>>
>>14663856
Why?
>>
File: Def a pellet gun.jpg (68KB, 874x555px) Image search: [Google]
Def a pellet gun.jpg
68KB, 874x555px
I'm still saying it was a pellet gun , this round is just 4.5 mm in diameter
>>
>>14663866
I can't anything though, looked all around and under the seats, didn't see anything on the street either
>>
>>14663882
Could have richochetd? Or it desintegrated , cant think of more reasons
>>
Could be worse. I once threw a gummy bear at the rear windshield and it shattered completely.
>>
>>14663945

bullshit, didn't fucking happen
>>
>>14663945
Was your gummy bear made out of aluminum oxide by any chance?
>>
>>14663945
>GM build quality
>>
>>14664022
> GM makes glass
>>
>>14663994
Did happen. Shattered the rear windshield of my mom's 1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette.

>>14664006
No, just about a week old.
>>
>>14663852
Ok, checked all sources I could. I believe I can safely say none of the custom caliber crafters in your area are making enough that it would hit general market. If you HAD pissed off one of these guys, you would know who it was and be nose deep in the gun world as it is, so little would be left to doubt.

The gent that stated it could have not even penetrated was absolutely correct, it may not have ever entered the cabin of the vehicle.

Looking at that hole, a very small rock is potential at this point as well. It looks to me like it was low speed and came in at an angle, otherwise the the hole would be far more perfect. At this point I would not rule out a tailed 4.5mm bb like other anon suggested as well.

>lol attorney CSI: armchair edition

Just clean it up and replace the glass out of pocket. Don't bother involving insurance or police.
>>
>>14663757
It's too big for that m8
>>
>>14664062
Damm son , GG
>>
>>14664062
>actually believing that an expert gun maker would custom craft an intricate and beautiful firearm so that he could go round shooting people's windows at night
>>
>>14663741
No way thats a .22
>>
>>14663728
The level actions just compress a spring attached to a plunger, they don't "suck in air"
>>
>>14664241
They're actually expert reloaders. They make custome bullets at .17 caliber, or what have you, and reshape a .22 cartridge to hold them. these rounds come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and are rare enough that it's fairly easy to find who's making them in an area with the right tools.
>>
>>14663653
>car is not behind a garage door
you deserved it desu.
>>
File: 1456177983560.jpg (43KB, 640x521px) Image search: [Google]
1456177983560.jpg
43KB, 640x521px
>>14663732
>>
>>14663852
its a bb gun shot
>source: shot out a few trash windows with a bb gun, they all leave that same pattern on impact
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.