[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i improve my Camry without looking like a fool?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (7KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 318x159px
How can i improve my Camry without looking like a fool?
>>
You sell it an buy another car
>>
File: 136.jpg (66KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
136.jpg
66KB, 800x533px
stance

>inb4 people hating
>>
>>14663321
>You sell it an buy another car
My Camry has been treating me well for 10k miles now and I'm.not getting rid of it. This weekend I'm.installing precut window tints.

If you're not gonna be useful then fuck off.
>>
>>14663326
he said 'without looking like a fool?'
>>
>>14663334
Film. Window film. Not "tints."
>>
>>14663335
stance will have him looking like a cool tho
>>
>Lambo doors
>Giant wing
>Carbon fiber wrap
>>
>>14663334
Dude they're abysmal cars to drive, last one I drove was a 2013 and I legitimately thought it was a 2004
I couldn't even feel where the wheels were pointed, it actually made me a worse driver that car

Just get a Civic, they cost the same, are just as reliable, but are much nicer to drive
>>
Actually might be cool as a VIP style car. Low, but no wacky camber and stretched tire bullshit. Add a nice sound system at your leisure.
>>
>>14663303
Lower it a little, repaint it glossy white with a black roof and shine the ever living shit out of the silver bits. Leather interior and fancy sound system.

If you want a bit of rice add a lip to the boot, glossy black, and possibly new wheels. Something shiny, but not oversized and nigger tier.
>>
>>14663361
Nah I'm not selling the car. 140k miles on it and besides a wheel bearing and o2 sensor everything is running perfectly. Im also learning slowly how to take stuff apart. Its my first car Im making an attempt to learn how it works. I dont need this car to look riced up but just better than what it currently is.

>>14663402
Was considering lowering it and installing larger wheels. Wouldnt this cause the wheels to rub against the body though? Im installing window tints this weekend and looking to get that lip spoiler too. The regular spoiler looks fucking ridiculous on a camry.

Wish repainting was cheaper though and yeah Im going to respray it white once I have the money. I wish there were decent body kits without making this car look stupid. Something subtle and nice and not these silly aero kits.
>>
>>14663303

Clean it really really well inside and out.

Paint and rock chips and damage.

Remove the wheels and thoroughly clean them.

Wash it again, clay or mild cutting polish the paint if it's beyond clay, seal, and wax.
>>
Tint
Stereo

Is as far as I would go. Wouldn't try to make it look good or perform well
>>
>>14663430
Then add a decent sound system and keep it running reliably. There's no point in wasting money in trying to make an appliance better
>>
>>14663506
Eh I guess you're right. My inner ricer is coming out. I should stop.
>>
Plastidip the badges
>>
>>14663303
ZOKUSHA
>>
>>14663467
This
The best advice is to keep it looking mint, and running well.

Maybe some nice wheels, nothing gaudy. Window tinting is good.
Audio system if you're into that.

Get a dual action polisher and learn how to use it too
>>
Anyone know why a Camry would have a delay when you press the gas peddle?
>>
the biggest, brightest, most expensive brake calipers that fit
>>
File: lol.jpg (116KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
116KB, 800x533px
>>14663326
>>14663326
>>
File: 1443936633206.jpg (559KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1443936633206.jpg
559KB, 1600x1200px
TRD supercharger, factory power adder. can be installed at toyota and keep a warranty
>>
>>14663303
High performance engine and trans rebuild.
>>
>>14663321

/thread
>>
>>14663334

its like asking how can i make my hammer cut paper? sell the hammer and buy a knife it wasn't made to cut
>>
Stroker crank
>>
Replace the stereo with an aftermarket unit.
>>
>>14663303
Improve what, Looks or Performance?
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 1136x640px
Like pic related
>>
Honeycomb grille, 5 spoke wheels (either same size or the largest OEM size), window tint

That's always a safe route for any car
>>
i have the same genetration and i unbolted muffler, lowering springs from ebay, dremel hole in the intake for that mad noise. painted grill, license plate light trim piece. and did all the maintainence. has 184k miles and im the second owner after my aunt bought it new
>>
>>14665732
also gutted cats
>>
>>14663303
Any visual mods whatsoever on a Camry will make you look like an utter pillock.
>>
>>14663303
it's a sedan, so it'll probably never look sporty without looking idiotic, try going for luxury.

nicer stereo, improved suspension, maybe some nicer seats
>>
>>14664682
>a knife
Unless youre a god-tier stropper, I would go with scissors
>>
>>14663334

Put gas in it. Now it'll go further AND you don't look like a retard ricing out your shitbox
>>
Best mods for a stock non-sporty car:
1. Keeping it clean inside and out.
2. Best tyres you can afford that are within factory specs. Good tyres improve handling and stability even on stock suspension.
3. Slight lowering, if you are into that look.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (9KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif
9KB, 150x150px
>>14663303
CAMRY IS PERFECT FROM THE FACTORY DON'T FUCK WITH IT
>>
>>14663361
oh whatever I drove a 2012 and it wasn't that bad. V6 had plenty of power and had decent grip around the bends

There's a lot more boring cars out there to drive
>>
>>14663303

>lower slightly
>do not mess with body kit shit unless you want to look retarded
>no shitty exhausts

make it a sleeper
>>
>>14663303
ecomod that shit
I want to see maximum mpgs
>>
>>14666956
This. Definitely this. It's a Camry. Tint the windows for comfort and hook up a 3.5mm cable, so you can play music from your phone.

Keep it clean, follow the maintenance schedule, always use quality replacement parts, and drive it 'till the wheels fall off.

FWIW, I also drive a Camry.
>>
>>14663494
This fempai. A nice sound system, and some window tint is the least autsitic option.
>>
>>14663361
I own a 2014; there's nothing wrong with it.

It's not exciting, but it's comfortable, powerful enough, and while the steering is light compared to a sports car, it is fairly responsive.
>>
>>14663303
PEGZ

TINTZ

HIDZ

Oh wait sorry, wrong car.
>>
>>14663303

Turbo it.

Intercooler makes everything look better
>>
>all the posts in this thread saying tint and stereo

thought /o/ was mostly white kek

sup niggas
>>
>>14668420
> Liking music and a slightly concealed interior makes you a nigger
Wew lad what doesn't make you a nigger? Better yet care to list all supreme white race approved things to add to your car?
>>
>>14666387
i dont agree. i buffed waxed mine, painted emblems. repainted all the black parts that were faded
>>
>>14664584
automatic transmission a shit
>>
>>14665732
>dremel hole in the intake for that mad noise
Where should I cut the hole?
>>
>>14668724
i made a square hole at the bottom of the airbox on the side closest to the inner fender, underneath the filter. about 3x5 big and put a screen on the outside so shit doesnt get sucked in. been like that for a year now and no problems. there is a water drain built into the snorkel so no water gets in and no outside objects can get in thanks to the screen
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.