[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salvage Ed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 20160316_145841_001-1.jpg (942KB, 1227x1660px) Image search: [Google]
20160316_145841_001-1.jpg
942KB, 1227x1660px
>Rest in Spaghetti, never forgetti

How did you lose your first car?
>>
>>14662355
Soccer mom destroyed it with her jeep
>>
>>14662362
What did you have?
>>
>>14662365
97 Rav4, comfy AF, and in mint condish, she was texting and didn't see when traffic stopped at an intersection
>>
File: 2wieners.gif (128KB, 473x235px) Image search: [Google]
2wieners.gif
128KB, 473x235px
>losing your first car
I've only had it for 5-6 years, but it's still here
>>
Gonna give it to my sister in summer.
>>
Flood.
>>
Gave my first car to my older brother who needed a car more than I did. Second car was stolen out of my office parking lot in Berkeley, CA
>>
>>14662355
1989 Bronco II 5-spd 4WD
a lady ran a stop sign and I T-boned her. I wanna say she was in an Astro Van. She had babies/toddlers in the car with no car seat, and her car ended up flipping. I remember the grandma holding a ragdoll baby and crying. The paramedic knew a friend of mine and he told me the baby didn't die, but idk if he told me that to make me feel better.
>>
A drunk guy in a uhaul pushed me into the barrier on a highway. Fucked up pretty much everything on the front half of my car.

I miss that guy. 2004 civic. I wanted to take him to 200k I was at 185k.

Guy sat in jail for a while. I nearly died, we were on a bridge and I could have gone over.

I did some minor mods to it. Nothing exterior, I never let myself mod the exterior.
>>
>>14662393
Even if the baby did die you shouldn't feel bad desu
>>
>>14662355
Does that cop car say victorville?
>>
>>14662400
Dang dude, I only managed to hit 153k with my 2000 Eclipse
>>
File: 050 - g18REo0.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
050 - g18REo0.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>14662379
>Gonna give it to my sister in summer.
you don't say?
>>
>>14662393
See
>>14662402

You can't control other people.

Running a stop sign is stupid. Running a stop sign with kids in your car is mental. Not strapping your kids down should put you in jail.

It wouldn't be your fault at all.
>>
>>14662355
I sold it, still operational.
>>
Headgasket crapped itself on my Punto in the middle of afternoon gridlock just as I was about to ttake off from holding still at red light

It was crappy and rusty and I didn't have the money for repairs
>>
>>14662355
fell aspleep run into a tree
my glorious Teal twingo is gone
>>
>>14662355
Sold it to one of my good buddies and even though I know its being loved and taken care of the same way, I can't help but feel like I shouldn't have let it go. It's stupid to be so attached to a material possession but I honestly feel like a part of me left with that car.
>>
>>14662362
>>14662372

I've always loved 1st gen RAV-4s.

I hate reading about stuff like that.
>>
>>14662355
was a wannabe tak fell of a steep cliff rolled a few times and got stuck on a tree.
>>
>>14662355
Some local dig washes side swiped while it was parked it so badly it was written off by insurance
RIP trusty 626
>>
File: 1442366754682.jpg (9KB, 159x219px) Image search: [Google]
1442366754682.jpg
9KB, 159x219px
>>14662355
some dude name genesis couldn't put the tall can down or press on the brake
>>
I still have it but I fear it's in it's death throes
>both rocker panels are completely bottomless for about 33% of the car's length
>floor pans need to be replaced
>brakes give me trouble sometimes
>rust around the windshield
Sucks desu. If I had the resources to fix it myself I would in a heart beat rather than buy a new car and repeat the process of ironing out previous neglect for the same money
>>
File: A4.jpg (228KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
A4.jpg
228KB, 960x540px
>Be driving with friend
>Both bought an A4 for Muddin'
>"Hey, bro'. Guess what"
>"What?"
>Friend pulled handbrake and it stuck on.
>Wild fishtailing and a choice of going into a tree or the river.
>Tree it is.

2 days later, after working our nuts off to get it home the night it crashed, some fucking pikies stole it from him drive when he wasn't home. They did it in daylight.

I got my money back, so I'm all good.
>>
Undercarriage/structural rust and transmission issues greatly exceeded the value of the car. Wouldn't pass inspection because the trans caused the check engine light to be on. It's a shame too because the body was still great.

> 1998 model year, bought in 2002 with 32k miles.
> 11 years, 110k miles later it was like losing a beloved pet; it sucks but you both know your time is up.
> The pictures and shop manuals with oily finger prints are still on the bookshelf.
>>
>>14662443
It was about 1000 miles from catastrophic failure. Burned oil and coolant, knock in the engine, couldn't drive for long before it overheated. And all the synchros as well as 3rd gear were gone. I cleaned it up nice and put additives in to keep it running for a little and sold it to some chump who didn't know cars.
Still miss it sometimes.
>>
>>14662372
Did you give her shit and tell the cops she was texting. I wk
>>
>>14662355
Sold it on. It was too expensive to DD, and marked it's territory, and I had nowhere to keep a second car.
And it's territory was defined as wherever it sat for a few hours.
It just wasn't working out, and we had to break up. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. I'm sure your new owners enjoyed you, and it was better than the backup option of the scrapyard.

It was sad seeing it go, but the replacement is SO much nicer and more reliable.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.