[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to gas station >Regular is $2.19 >Premium is sixty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: left_shark.jpg (25KB, 285x259px) Image search: [Google]
left_shark.jpg
25KB, 285x259px
>go to gas station
>Regular is $2.19
>Premium is sixty cents higher a gallon at $2.79
>using a credit card is another six cents more
>even diesel is cheaper than 93 octane AKI (99 octane RON for Europeans)
Why is this allowed? Back in the early 2000s, there was a ten cent differential between grades.

also, how does /o/ save on gas?
>>
>>14660855
Taking the bus
>>
>>14660859
>>>/n/
>>
>>14660855
>>using a credit card is another six cents more
wat?
usa, you never cease to amaze me
how is that even legal?
>>
>>14660859
Merchants sue processors (mastercard, visa, etc.) on rules over credit. It used to be you had to accept credit with the same rules and regulations of other payment methods.

Then they started allowing credit minimums (e.g. minimum $10 to use credit is allowed in the states).
Then they started allowing cash discounts (e.g. there is a discount for using cash).
So long as you display the cash and credit prices conspicuously, it's considered a cash discount and is allowed.

I've really only noticed it in the Northeastern United States. Most stations in New York and New Jersey charge extra for credit. It's bullshit.
>>
>>14660884
Depends where you go, op was probably at some haji Mart and spent less than 10$ or something, all major chains in the US don't charge extra for card
>>
>>14660884
It's common in areas full of "urban youths".
>>
File: gas.png (66KB, 1007x517px) Image search: [Google]
gas.png
66KB, 1007x517px
>>14660894
Even national brands do it on the first gallon.
>>
>>14660896
>>14660947 here
Town is 95% white with an average household income in the six digit range. Try again.
>>
>>14660884

Merchants are charged to accept Credit Cards. Usually to the tune of 2%~ of the purchase price.

You never see it since you guys have VAT, but the cost of that is rounded in there somewhere.
>>
>>14660958
Interchange is also a lot lower in Europe, usually a fraction of a percent (0.30% would be typical for chip and PIN verified credit transactions). This doesn't leave enough money to make most people's accounts worth running, hence why they usually charge annual fees for credit cards in europe.
>>
>>14660952
>NY
Highly likely it's a cuck area then.

In Maryland the black areas have the credit surcharge and everywhere else there isn't a fee.
>>
>>14660971
It's just exceedingly more common in the Northeast. I travel often to work to IL, IA, TN, ID, TX and credit surcharges are rare. I go to NY or NJ and they are more often than not. Wealth of the area really doesn't matter.
>>
Haji marts are known for charging credit card fees

Large chains like QuickTrip(owned by the white man) don't require stupid fees
>>
>>14661051
see >>14660947
>>14660952
>>
>>14661077
Mobil franchises its shit to Haji's, or do you not understand how gas stations work?

Large private chains are a rarity in this country
>>
>>14660855
Left Shark your my hero
>>
>>14661091
The family that owns the station in question (from the gasbuddy screenshot) is white. Being racist may make you happy, but it doesn't change the reality.
>>
>>14660855

I use a shell gas card. I actually get like 2% money back on all purchases.
>>
>>14661325
>not having a PenFed Cash rewards visa and getting 5% cashback at any gas station
someone call the pleb patrol
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.