[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tire Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: 13332993584_f540de7b3b_b.jpg (264KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
13332993584_f540de7b3b_b.jpg
264KB, 1024x683px
Thinking about pulling the trigger on some Pilot SuperSports, the only thing holding me back is that theyre going on my daily driver and I feel like they may be a little overkill for what i'm using them for. My car is an 07 335i and the wheels are 18x8 and 18x9. Before this I was looking at the hankook v12 evo2 but I was told that nothing beats the SS's. Will they hold up a long time or are they just a super high performance not very long life tire?
>>
>>14660222
I too am interested in an answer
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 355x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 355x414px
Nitto NT555

Cheap & good
>>
E36 M3, only use PSS.

Depends on how hard you drive it. I wore out some to decent extent in 10k miles, but if you drive civilly they should last 30-40k I assume.
>>
I really want something that rides very smooth and has really quiet road noise but can still have a great time on the blueridge parkway twisties when it comes time.
>>
>>14660239
>>only use PSS.
>only use unnecessarily expensive tires to drive on
Nah
>>
I really like BFG Rival.

If you need something even more sticky get the BFG Rival S.
>>
>>14660222
>buying american tires ever
>>
>>14660570
BF Goodrich makes some very good tires... I like their GForce Comp-2, have used both the summer & A/S versions and like them a lot. The all season tire is actually quieter and rides better than the summer version, but I'm sure it gives up some lateral grip at the limits.
>>
>>14660222
Based on what your needs are id say the only tire for you is the nitto nt05r
>>
>Thread
>>
Bridgestone Potenza S04 is more than enough
Depending on the conditions you drive in you might like it more than mpss
>>
>>14660237

I dd on nt555 g2 tires. Theyre super grippy, i dont have to roll out my throttle in a dd situation or risk smoking my tires or activating my tcs.
>>
MPSS is a meme tire
>>
>>14661726
P.s. the tires that couldnt handle my car were the falken uhp all season i think theyre called the pt 722 or something. I have them on the front but they were inadequate for my cars power level
>>
File: pic4.jpg (562KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
pic4.jpg
562KB, 1200x676px
I'm afraid if I go with nitto I'm gonna get a tire with a lot of noise or a less than perfect ride while MPSS has 5 stars in both categories. Just want to have a super smooth ride with good handling.
>>
>>14661748
What car?
>>
i want fucking correct sized tires

i bought my evo with....get this 9.5 inch wide front wheels
and 10s in the rear

and the fuckface pos niggertits ricer put 225s on it

seriously what the fuck im gonna shred these fuckers then blow them because their fucking streched

like im not kidding when i say its pretty difficult to find a shop that will actually put mismatched tires on wheels

fuck they wont even put your car on a lift if it looks fucking lowered
>>
File: HjN4Hhc.jpg (216KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
HjN4Hhc.jpg
216KB, 1024x576px
Hi /o/, I want to get new, wider tires + rims for my Camaro, pic related. Would I be able to fit 295/50r15s on 15x10" rims in the back, width wise? They'd be the same diameter as what I've got now (215/75r14), only wider. What backspacing do I need if any?
>>
File: nitto-invo-jpg-crop-x1000.jpg (127KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nitto-invo-jpg-crop-x1000.jpg
127KB, 1000x1000px
>>14661726
>>14663578
Hey guys, I heard you were talking about nitto, I got me some meme tires, ask me anything. 245/45 nitto invos all around.

I was actually very surprised by their wet driving performance. I have had 555's all around aswell as 555's front + 555r's in the rear at one point.
2003 mustang gt.
>>
>>14664342
How quiet are they?
>>
>>14664384
at first... surprisingly, they are still quite, but they were oddly silent <30mph. I'd say they got louder and while they are near silent at cruising speeds, they aren't the what the fuck they were when I bought them.
The car has a kinda jekel and hyde feeling where 1-4 I'm making a ton of noise due to running out the gears, but once I hit 5th It's now a quiet cabin because the tires are quiet, the motor isn't making noise etc. But the first few times holy shit was it quiet.
Also we performance was "amazing" I don't know that I can clarify that any better at this point, I have a mustang so I've started drinking.
>>
>>14664399
wet*
>>
File: shipped.png (224KB, 1383x1037px) Image search: [Google]
shipped.png
224KB, 1383x1037px
>>14664399
>>14664402
Also "proof?"
>>
I'm really unimpressed by PSS's and they are way too expensive, when people ask for them at my shop we normally recommend Conti Extreme Contact DWs instead
>>
File: continental dws 06.png (130KB, 342x335px) Image search: [Google]
continental dws 06.png
130KB, 342x335px
>>14664440
Speaking of continentals, does anyone have any experience with the DWS 06? The have good reviews on tire rack and are not terribly expensive.
>>
Bfg sport comp 2
>>
>>14663578
5 WHOLE ARBITRARY STARS

WELL AT LEAST ITS NOT THE WEBSITE YOUR BUYING FROM TELLING YOU THIS
>>
>>14664728

Depends on the application. They offer a pretty comfortable and reasonably grippy ride compared to a lot of budget tires, but I find they're not much better in snow than regular all seasons and the sidewalls are quite soft, so they feel a bit more wallowy in corners. I haven't noticed tramlining as an issue but I do wish I had gone with something more performance oriented, especially given that they don't really have any snow advantage.

For an all season I'd recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3. It's also not any good in snow but it is quite good the rest of the time. Not a super gripper sport tire, but I like them on my DD WRX. I do switch to snow tires once the temperature starts to stay below the 40s though.
>>
File: federal595rsr.jpg (34KB, 210x280px) Image search: [Google]
federal595rsr.jpg
34KB, 210x280px
fuck all these budget tyres, show me some sexy tread
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.