[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cars with character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (42KB, 350x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 350x572px
Many people say cars like the GT-R, McLaren 12C/650s, and many others lack "soul". Whereas something like a Ferrari F50 has soul.
Do you guys buy this? Or do you think it's just bs?

Out of all the new affordable cars right now, which would you say it's have something special?

My pick would be the challenger poop pack with 6.4 engine and manual tranny
>>
I believe in cars can have or lack a soul, but an F50 isn't one of them. The F40, on the other hand
>>
>>14660138
Oh yeah man my mistake I meant the f40 not the f50
>>
I believe that cars have soul if it has a particular driving characteristic about it and/or your relationship to the car

My VR statesman was the most batshit boring car i had ever driven. Automatic, V6, slow, heavy and not fun to drive and looked ugly as shit. My Valiant is slower, I6, automatic, as heavy but is for some reason one of the most enjoyable cars ive owned and it looks great to me.

As far as new cars go, anything with a manual will give the car a character but as far as automatics i would say it might be a FG X Turbo or FG X XR8
>>
>>14660129
joey sure is fat.
>>
>>14660129
Big dicks in ya ass is bad fa ya health blue cheese with wings or go fuck ya mother
>>
>>14660173
If You Ain't High By 2 In The Afternoon Go Fck Yourself.
>>
>>14660173
"Hey lee, when are we goin to get a hooker to fart in your eyeball?"-Joey Diaz
>>
>>14660129
I don't agree with the "soul" as such but I know exactly what they are talking about some cars just give back so much more than others in the way they feel(1) and for a car you are driving for fun not just to the mall to stock up on waffles isn't driving feel what matters?

(1) steering feedback, throttle response, sound, even the look over the bonnet should all be designed to illicit an emotional response.
>>
>>14660129
The Ferrari "soul and passion" bullshit is just a meme by Clarkson
>>
GT-R has plenty of character
>>
>>14660129
i buy it, modern cars are governed to much, its like they have no freedom

look at older cars such as the old 911's and tvrs, these are cars that are activly trying to kill you while you drive them. to master driving one is like taming a wild animal, learning controll and measure.

take a new car and just boot it everywhere, its safe. it has all these fancy things so anyone can drive it, dont worry about the power its limited in 12 diffrent positions.

fuck its not even the power. i had more fun in a 1liter 600kg shitbox than any thing else ive driven, miats dont even hold a candle to the fun that car could make.
>>
>>14660631
You do realise new cars let you turn off safety features right?
The new NSX has a diagnostics mode that completely shuts off all of the assist computers and turns the car into a suicidal drift missile
>>
Kia Rio
>>
>>14660631
Meh whatever. My gs400 has tcs and stability control and even with those systems on it has more soul and 'passhun' than my miata ever did.
>>
>>14660129
GOING DEEP INTO THE MURKY WATERS OF THE UNDERWORLD
>>
>>14660129
Some cars have character. My old car was an abusive girlfriend, humiliating me in public, making lots of noise, and snarling at people. And yet, I loved it for the power and the interior room.

My new car doesn't have much character. It's docile, does what I want, and it's very nice. It's a little bland, though. Like a ham sandwich, really. Tasty, a good snack, but bland. Needs a little mustard. But it's a ham sandwich that's just fucking right, though, because it's been designed by someone who has similar ideas to me about how an interior should be, and how a car should handle.

I think it's a property of age, and design philosophy.
>>
>>14660138
>F50 doesn't have a soul
>literally a F1 engine attached to a barebones body
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qk36fzMWg

Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>14662864
Shoo shoo, Europoo. You're a compromising dieselshit.
>>
>>14662864
Holy fuck, what does that thing rev up to?
>>
>>14660138
>>14663060
> F50
> last mostly analog ferrari
> last manual ferrari
> massive NA V12
> no soul
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.