[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

24hr Lemons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: lemos.jpg (70KB, 800x508px) Image search: [Google]
lemos.jpg
70KB, 800x508px
Has anyone ever raced in a lemons race
My friends and I are thinking about doing it
any advice, tips, etc
>>
how many dollaridoos are you guys able to pool together? do you have a shop where you can do the necessary modifications and repairs? do you know someone who can make a proper cage?
>>
Yes, twice.

Be prepared to spend -a lot- more than $500

Don't expect to get any money back.
>>
>>14651506
I bet a hoodless or scooped SVO foxbody would be good. Rig up a really good oil cooler
>>
>>14652716
is it worth it
would you recommend doing it
>>
>>14652711
we have a place where we can work on it and i can weld a rollcage
for money, we can get a decent amout prob around 2k
>>
>>14652875
2k will not be nearly enough.
>>
>>14653181
we just want a shitbox we can trash and have fun with we dont plan on winning
we found a car for $100
>>
File: IMG_0571 as Smart Object-1.jpg (1MB, 4092x2979px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571 as Smart Object-1.jpg
1MB, 4092x2979px
behold: the cause of the great socal internet drama shitstorm of 2015
>>
File: DSC_1000.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1000.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
>>14652875
2k each with 6 people might be enough for one race
>>
>>14651506
Get that fucking wagovan out of there!

It deserves better... Fuck I hate how dumb some Americans are.
>>
i had never heard of this before, but sriously, it sounds like such a hillarious idea. pretty much shitbox racing, no?

what kind of cars are usualy there?
>>
>>14653232

Are dose sum Volks?

Also whats with the wood strapped under the car?
>>
>>14655155
>universal bolt pattern
probably replicas

>wood
It's a sick aero bodykit
>>
lemons/chumpcar are laughable because you need no previous track experience which means if some jabroni doesn't know how to drive and wrecks your car you can say goodbye to your months of time prepping the car and the $15,000 you and your pals paid just to run 1 event
>>
>>14653220
>that fucking anime body pillow they put in the passenger seat
Glorious.
>>
Can someone explain how the costs add up so much. I'm was thinking 1000$ total for the car, 1.5k for safety equipment and roll cage, 500 for race, 1k for travel and camping. my 4k estimate seems alot lower than what you guys are saying
>>
>>14654432
Anything you can scrounge up for pennies on the dollar. Anything from janked up Civics to V8-swapped Volvo 240s.
>>
File: Sad-cat.jpg (35KB, 700x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-cat.jpg
35KB, 700x445px
>>14654044

I wish I could find a running wago that looked even half that good for $500 in my area.
>>
>>14658205
The car must be no more than $500, mods and all. The rest of the cost adds up like this:

Entry: $600 per car, $150 per driver, $75 for non-driving crew members. (Each team must have 4-6 drivers.) This fee covers registration, track time, paddock pass, track insurance, on-site ambulance crew, commemorative crap, and anything else we come up with by then. Non-driving crew members get all the same bennies except track time.

Not driving or wrenching for a team? General-access paddock passes are always available at the gate--they're $30 and good all weekend. Kids under 16 are free.

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/prices-rules
>>
>>14655155
>>14655478
You guys are retarded..

They are clearly shitty xxr wheels... You can tell they aren't volks just by the lack of quality.
>>
>>14651506

My advice is don't do it. Burning your money for warmth will be more productive.

My roommate's advice is to make sure everyone on the team is reliable and pitches in, start with a solid rust-free car, and realize that by the time you get to the first race it'll have cost about $6k
>>
Just build a non-memey race car and do track days, it'll cost the same.
>>
>>14651506
Been thinking about running one myself, talked with some people that ran the Chump Car series,they had kept track of everything they spent. Figure about $2000-$2500 minimum on safety equipment and such. You might be able to do it for less if you are really smart and lucky, but probably not.

It's $600 for a team to enter LeMons, plus $150 per driver, and I think $75 per non driver pit crew.

You are docked a lap for every $10 over $500 they judge your car to be worth, and when you enter you sign an agreement that they can buy your car for $500 at the end of the race. Doesn't make any sense to spend a fuck ton of money on it.
>>
>>14659145
>You are docked a lap for every $10 over $500 they judge your car to be worth, and when you enter you sign an agreement that they can buy your car for $500 at the end of the race.

Man, fuck that noise.
>>
>>14659145
Lemons doesn't claim cars unless you bring something super-cheaty and way to new/good for the spirit of the race.
If you want to dip your toe in, do an arrive and drive with an established team. You pay $500-750 for seat time, assuming the car runs when you get there and doesn't get wrecked before it's your turn to go out. Get on their forums, there's always teams looking for drivers.
>>
I know what /o/ thinks of American Top Gear, but they were at the one in Sonoma last December. Should be a good episode.
>>
>>14659192
They did one year when they were first starting out. One car was terrorizing everyone at a race, not letting people pass,, etc... They claimed his car and let everyone beat the shit out of it with a sledgehammer.

>>14659167
If you are going to a LeMons race for the sole purpose of winning, you are in the wrong fucking series. It's insanity on a road course and one of the cheapest ways to go road racing. It's about having fun and the experience of it all.
>>
>>14654432
It's a fun thing that real racers ruined. Hurr let's bring our $100k tool trailer out to the race.
>>
>>14659363

>going racing
>not wanting to win

So lemons is the racing series for beta males?
>>
>>14658834
I counted some of the exempt mods too, like exhaust after the downpipe, brakes, wheels and tires
>>
File: 1403467423101.jpg (152KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
1403467423101.jpg
152KB, 800x597px
>>14653220
>socal internet drama shitstorm of 2015
What? All I remember is some /o/tists doing Lemons and posting their pics and stream for a year or two.
>>
>>14660699
It's all about mememobiles, you tell me.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.