[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honda NSX 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: Honda NSX development team.jpg (90KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Honda NSX development team.jpg
90KB, 800x450px
Why do you hate their work?
They worked really hard. Honda is trying their best.
>>
>>14611699
It's not a bad car, /o/ just hates everything that's not a 1994 Civic. It's a bit dated because it was meant to be released a few years ago though.
>>
>>14611699
> made by americans

wow no wonder
>>
Because /o/ hates everything. You should stop worrying and form your own opinions
>>
There's only one asian and he's chinese, the NSX is doomed, DOOMED!
>>
>>14611699
It's just not like the original at all.
>>
>>14611699

Probably because it's too big. One of the cool things about the NSX was how small it was compared to all the cars it was competing with.
>>
>>14611771
yeah man

that less than 2 inches bigger is a huge difference

/o/ is retarded and hates everything thats the true reason
>>
new honda beat to compete with the miats when
>>
>>14611784
We don't hate everything. It's objectively worse.

>bigger
>heavier
>too complex
>modern pedestrian safe design
>>
>>14611839
>faster
>safer
>its not the 80s anymore you luddite
>safety isnt a bad thing
>bigger isnt a bad thing

you are objectively retarded since its better in every way
>>
>>14611851
Faster but less engaging. It'll be like driving in a simulator.

>safer
Don't be a dumbass and crash.
>>
>>14611880
>It'll be like driving in a simulator.

the goto insult for everyone who has never driven anything faster than their moms Camry lel

fuck off kid
>>
File: 34059834095.jpg (84KB, 876x535px) Image search: [Google]
34059834095.jpg
84KB, 876x535px
What if there's a "Type R" version that's %10 lighter with even more power that actually can beat 911s and GTR's and whatnot?

I feel like they are going to at least try to go places with this (at least i hope so) when Lexus made the LFA one of the complaints (on the internet anyway) was that it was slower than cars like the GTR at a much higher price. than they made the LFA Nurgburgring Edition before they discontinued the car.

Honda could make a Type R version of the current NSX. we haven't seen this car's full potential.
>>
>>14611912
Doesn't matter. Too few japs involved in the design.
>>
>>14611699
>They worked really hard. Honda is trying their best.
Do you think they should receive a participation trophy?
Are you 16?
Shit doesn't work this way in real life.

>>14611730
>/o/ hates a car I like, /o/ must hate everything.
/o/ isn't one person.
>>
File: IMG_3318.jpg (176KB, 799x597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3318.jpg
176KB, 799x597px
>>14611784
What? 2 inches taller maybe?
>>
>>14611912
>somehow manages to be uglier
kek
>>
File: 1396573194924.jpg (321KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1396573194924.jpg
321KB, 1280x960px
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4256x2832px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4256x2832px
>overdue and over budget
>numerous setbacks
>everything-by-wire
>basically a self-propelled computer
>understated but still unimpressive performance
>multi-role (designed to be an "everyday supercar")

Is the NSX the F-35 of cars? Hopefully there is a Type R.
>>
>>14611699
Looks like a jap R8.
Not a bad thing tho, could be worse considering how modern designers do their work these days.
>>
>>14611934
The NSX is probably the only I car I like better wi fixed headlights rather than pop ups, no idea why.
>>
>>14611699
No it is not.
>>
>>14611934
Honda should just start making that gen NSX again, the design doesn't even look dated, i'd buy the fuck out of it.
>>
>>14611956
Essentially, it's good, but not as good as it was hyped up to be. It compromises too much in trying be all things, ultimately failing to receive the respect that has been built by its more pure in purpose predecessor (or multiple when it comes to the f35)
>>
>>14611917

Japs were involved in the design of the GTR and it still weighed around 3700-3800 pounds and some GTR fans said it didn't capture the spirit of the original and whatnot.

Japs (are) involved in the Next Supra and it will be AWD Twin turbo (most likely V6) with automatic-only like the GTR and NSX and all three will probably weigh more than a Viper, Vette, and 911 not be anything like the original.

I don't get the obsession with what race or nationality builds the car since Honda (and toyota) all want to go the GTR route since they probably saw the success it had for Nissan and the good marketing. (although they are probably too late to capture people by using it as a Halo-car) they are still using it in their commercials though.

Lets not forget "NSX" stands for "New, Sports-car, eXperimental" and they are pretty much doing just that, experimenting. old one looked like a Japanese Ferrari and the new one looks like a Japanese R8. in a way they are kinda following what the car use to and currently represents. (being experimental and new)
>>
>>14612031
>defending it this hard
Shit... you'd think it was a BRZ.
>>
>>14612064
Hey. At least the brz does a good job at what it was meant to do. For the price of the nsx, it loses to its competitors in handling because of the pig fat weight, doesn't have as much power because of a stupid ass electric motor hybrid system done wrong, and has the steering feel of a luxury dd. Why wouldn't I get a r8, 911 or even a cayman, amg gts, or a 570s if I was in the market that can afford a nsx.

The old nsx performed better or the same than its super car competitors for much less cost.. The new one is the opposite.. More cost for less performanxe.. Garbage tbq pham
>>
R8 is faster for cheaper, lighter, better interior, overall objectively a better car. Honda should have tried harder.
>>
I don't

I will hate them if they don't release a type R version
>>
u guys are forgeting 1 things,all these cars copied the design of the 3000gt vr-4 n 300 z,with the v6 tt 24valves
>>
File: url-1.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
url-1.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>14611699
>>
>>14611934
Wow I never realized it was that small
>>
>>14611764
This. It'd be like if the next generation MX-5 was a 4 seat coupe that weighed 3700 lbs.
>>
filthy gaijin
>>
>>14612208
Learn to type, cunt.
>>
>>14611699
Because the nsx 2016

Should have been the nsx 2010
>>
I will like it when it's on wheeler dealers in 50 years. Hopefully I'll be alive to see it get pulled out of the barn where it sat for 50 years because the owner was to embarrassed to be seen in it.
>>
How would Senna feel about this?
>>
>omg new nsx sucks nothing like the original
>everyone here was barely old enough to walk when original nsx was a production car
>no one remembers how all publications at the time bashed the original for the same reasons they bash the current one
>>
>>14612421
>no one remembers how all publications at the time bashed the original for the same reasons they bash the current one
U wot m8?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/reviews/a8837/first-drive-1990-acura-nsx/

>Technically, it's brilliant; dynamically, it's outstanding. And its chameleon-like character, that of equally competent, soul-stirring road ripper and comfortable, relaxed, long-distance tourer, has raised the ante markedly in the exotic, high-end sports/ GT marketplace.
Yea, they all hated it.
>>
File: mfw we pass another deadline.jpg (97KB, 886x566px) Image search: [Google]
mfw we pass another deadline.jpg
97KB, 886x566px
>>14611699
>It's been in development hell for the better part of a decade
>Acura decided to make a computerized, expensive GT-R competitor instead of a real successor to the original NSX that everyone loves
>The bland, dated exterior was designed by an inexperienced woman
>>
I don't hate the new NSX. It's a very good looking car, but at this point that's about all it has going for it. It's just too expensive for what it's trying to accomplish, it doesn't live up to its predecessor's legacy at all because of it.
>>
>>14611699
the original NS-X I guess was a technical revolution similar to this new one, just about introducing variable valve timing and a trick suspension setup, but enthusiasts know it as an anemic light weight midship sports car (anemic in a good way mind you) and the hate comes from the new one being a heavy car packed with modern technology

pretty sure everyone on /o/ would have wanted a new take on the classic NS-X in the same vein that the ND miata is a new take on the NA, being lightweight and manual with minimal driver assists
>>
>>14612960
That's the thing though. You're right that people on /o/ who consider the.selves in the same narrow view of "enthusiasts" don't like the car but that doesn't matter. The people that are actually buying this car new are not anything close to what the stereotypical /o/ user is. These people have the money and desire to buy these cars new because of all the fancy new bells and whistles that make it what it is.

Case in point is Aston Martin, they're designing their new car to meet the desires of their self proclaimed target group, 30 year old American women. Not businessmen, not 'enthusiasts ". Women who have rich husbands who want their car to be fancy and prestigious
>>
File: 1423893820426.jpg (176KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
1423893820426.jpg
176KB, 600x798px
>>14611699
Would anyone argue it doesn't look like an Audi R8?
>>
>>14611917

That is the most weeaboo thing I have ever heard. Japanese are not perfect mythical creatures, I hate to say.
>>
>>14611730
I think it looks better without the silly smug chromed octopus beak grill
>tfw swaggots fix something for once
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.