[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey o. My car battery died just now. It died last week, it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Hey o. My car battery died just now. It died last week, it was a 2-3 year old Walmart battery, I replaced it with a Walmart battery (I know I know) it was supposed to be only temporary but longer than one week...

Is this just more bad luck? I tried jumping the car when it died but it wouldn't crank even with the jump, the farthest it gets is just lights on the dash come on for a second and then go off. Thoughts?
>>
>>14611339
Did you even get the charging system tested? Or did you just assume, like an idiot, that it was the battery?
>>
>>14611439
The alternator? Afaik you should be able to jump a car even if the alternator is bad?
>>
>>14611443
Just hook up the cables to the dead battery and wait like 30 seconds. That should charge the battery enough to start.
>>
And if it doesn't What could be the problem?
>>
>mfw worked at walmart
>mfw we made our own jump pack
>mfw it was just the biggest battery we had on the shelf
>all we did was take terminals and hook clamps up to the battery
>we used a dolly to roll it out to the parking lot

I use Walmart Batteries still. They have a great warranty, I just wait until it's almost over, leave an interior light on over night and take it to them in the morning with my second car for them to test and replace.

I usually do it about once a year, and we have 3 different walmarts, so I just go to a different one each time, and they never notice the pattern.
>>
>>14611501
Fuel, spark, compression. The three things needed for an engine to work.
>>
>>14611509
Been running almost same scam.

>car has short in wiring
>will kill a brand new 900cca battery in a week
>disconnecting batt at night prolongs this to 2-3 months
>always have bad cells from deep discharge
>batteries roughly $90
>bought original battery in 2004
>swap out for new one 4-6 times a year
>for the last 12 years
>$5400 worth of batteries
>always nervous when I go in, half the time it's someone I saw the last time
>
>they keep fuckin takin em

Install in the car, rinse, and repeat.

See you in two months.
>>
>>14611509
What the fuck, just store use an actual portable jumper. That's what my store has
>>
Could be the starter op. A bad starter usually gets mixed up with a battery because of how slow they die out. What sounds like a dead battery could be a starters last breath
>>
Its most likely a bad alternator. Start the car and disconnect the battery. If it stops running the alternator is dead, if it keeps running then it could be other shit but the alternator is most likely the issue in cases like this.
>>
>>14613595
or you could, you know, fix the fucking problem?
>>
>>14614301
Battery warranties don't last that long anyway.
>>
>>14611339
It's your alternator you fool.
>>
>>14614315
THIS
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.