[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Porsche v. Mazda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

First car budget is around 30k, should I get a 2008 Porsche 987 Cayman S or 2016 Mazda Miata???
>>
>>14608869
Mazda will last longer and have less issues and be cheaper to repair.
But it will also be considerably slower.
Handling wise they'll probably be pretty close, though you won't being able to get the miata up as fast as the porsche.

Basically I'd say, if you are spending all of your money on this, go for the miata, but if you have lots of dough lying around or at least make lots of surplus cash, then go for the porsche.
>>
wait until miats become 20k
>>
File: 1456834829443.jpg (328KB, 1920x795px) Image search: [Google]
1456834829443.jpg
328KB, 1920x795px
>>14608869

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXuz4QM2QCA
>>
>>14608882
main concern isn't really about speed, just how the car feels and also the $$$
I know the porsche is more expensive to maintain, but the Mazda will also be depreciating
>>
>>14608892
I do want a semi-reliable car, and FIAT is notoriously unreliable
>>
Miata is more fun to modify, costs 1/10 of the price of the Cayman to customize, more reliable, a fraction of the maintenance cost.

Not to mention, FIRST car? The Miata will teach you mercifully how to handle sports cars with manageable power.

Financially and reasonably, the Miata is a more responsible choice.

However, if you think you can keep up with the maintenance costs, repairs, expensive customization, and power of the Porsche, go for it.

Good luck, hope you make the right decision.
>>
>>14608869
Miata is the more sensible decision. The Porsche will bite you in the ass on maintenance. Also, consider not spending the entire 30K budget.

>>14608893
Then wait untill the Miata has been hit with depreciation. You could buy an NC model, for example.

>>14608900
That Fiat is basically a rebodied Miata. The only Fiat part is the badging and the reliable 1.4 T-Jet engine. Everything else is designed and build by Mazda.
>>
>>14608900

it's basically an ND miata with an engine swap, the abarth motor is pretty reliable and has been out for many years
>>
>>14608925
>>14608921
I'm leaning more towards the Miata, as I feel as if the lower power output will teach me how to drive I guess
Then again, i'm not really a fan of FIAT so the abarth is out of the picture entirely
>>
>>14608934
get an NC and swap a 13bt rotary
>>
>>14608942
swapping engines for my first car isn't preferable, I do plan on dailying it and not planning on needing repairs every other week
>>
>>14608869
First car? Is this a joke thread?
You don't need to be looking at either. First off, you don't need a light RWD sport setup because it will end with you wrapped around a tree. Given your choices, Miata or Cayman, you obviously know little to nothing about driving that you didn't read in Car and Driver. You need to worry about learning how to drive before you worry about what kind of car your parents are going to buy you. Real life isn't fucking Gran Turismo.

You need to bite the bullet and have your mommy buy you a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic.

In 5 years when you've maybe kind of halfway learned how to drive, you can worry about your mommy buying you a lightweight RWD car to fling around. This might come as an upset to your manhood, but it's certainly better than the alternative of you sliding your car into a couple of people while trying to do some shit you saw in a youtube video.
>>
Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

Now that we got the meme outta the way, get the Mazda.

For a first car, I don't care if you're rich as fuck, get the mazda. Then, when you do crash, run the hell out of it, or someone crashes into you, you're out one miata. Not one Porshe.

It's also your first car. Get something much more reliable, and much cheaper to have work done, hell do the work yourself since it's your first and now you can start learning.

Fiat is better due to mostly japanese everything, but it's still has enough fiat to worry. And they take money to maintain and fix too.

Get the miata.
>>
>>14608960
I wouldn't mind driving either a Corolla or a Civic, and I know I'm by no means an F1 racer.
But both are fairly fun cars, and I've been driving my brother's bmw for a year so RWD is nothing new to me
>>
>>14608964
this basically lists the reasons why I'm leaning Miata atm
>>
>>14608869
How is that even a question, get the Cayman. Mazda only managed to get 155hp out of a 2L engine, and still didn't make it reliable.
>>
File: dep-chart-4.png (40KB, 461x297px) Image search: [Google]
dep-chart-4.png
40KB, 461x297px
>>14608904
A new car is never a responsible choice. You are throwing away money to depreciation!

The Miata will depreciate and lose half it's value in a few years. The Cayman has already depreciated and it's value will stay much flatter.

As a Boxster owner, I've spent $4K total over the past 5 years, and that included a major repair, oil changes, and a set of tires. It's not scary, and even a new Miata would have needed the changes and tires.
>>
>>14608869
Shut up and buy a cheap civic
>>
>>14608893
>main concern isn't really about speed

Then why are you looking at Porsche cars & lightweight shitboxes you fucking retard.
And why would you actually spend more than half a second deciding between a Porsche and a Mazda.

This thread is bait.
>>
>>14608869
Get a cheap NB, put the rest of the money in bank, drive the NB until you kill it, buy a newish ND to replace it.
>>
Why are Miata fags so keen to have a slow car that "handles well".

Pretty much any sports car handles well when it's as slow as a Miata.

If you can afford a Cayman get a Cayman.
>>
>>14609788
It has to be a running joke because it's a piece of shit car.

A 2000kg 2L turbo diesel would pull harder than a miata
>>
>>14609794
>2015 Audi A6 2.0 TDI 0-60mph (1800-ish kg): 7.7 seconds
>2015 ND Miata: 6.4 seconds
yeah, no.
>>
>>14608869

Get the Porsche. If you're retarded enough to consider a Porsche as your first car, you probably deserve killing yourself with it.

Fucking rich kids.
>>
>>14609803
Jeep Wrangler does 60 in 7 seconds lol
>>
>>14608869
Porsches aren't that expensive to maintain if you do the labor yourself

>$30k sports car for a first car
This is where you're being stupid. Get something cheaper first like an NB Miata then work your way up, because you're gonna fuck up

t. Someone who bought a Boxster as a first car
>>
>>14609743
He wants feels, both those cars provide excellent feels
>>
If you want to take it to a track get the Cayman. Without a roll bar the Miata wont see a real track, and a roll bar is a pain in the ass for a day to day car, and will likely f up at least 4 interior panels in the process.
>>
neither, wait for th-
>>14608892
beat me to it

>>14608900
fiat engines and transmissions are pretty reliable, it's everything else that breaks
"everything else" in the 124 is mazda so it'll be pretty reliable
it's basically the perfect factory miata, japanese build with italian power and sound
>>
>>14609832
Yeah, but if you go a hair over 60 in the Wrangler for more than a couple seconds you'll spin out and die.
>>
>>14612449
>spin out in a Wrangler
>not roll over
>>
I would buy a third gen miata instead and supercharger/Turbo it and that's it , a fun little car with RWD and 275+ HP , Heaven for me
>>
>>14612480
>buying the fat Miata
>>
124 spider
>6.8 sec 0-60
miata
>5.8 sec

b-b-but muh bolt ons for the multi air!
>>
>>14612484
>Not knowing the fat one is the NB
>>
>>14612480
The NC is a terrible Miata, it's basically a worse RX-8 except for engine reliability
>>
>>14612495
And the 2l has tunes in the works that can push power to like 200bhp easily
>>
>>14612498
Explain
>>
>>14609060

> still didn't make it reliable.

what?
>>
>>14612523
Probably just talking out his ass. There's no reliability data because it's a new freaking model
>>
>>14612515
It's heavy and shares its platform with a 4 door
>>
>>14612632
But more power to weight than the older models
>>
>>14612653
More power isn't the point of a Miata
>>
>>14608869
Get a NC. They're dirt cheap now.
>>
>>14608869
don't get the cayman, it strips it's cylinder lining because of shit cooling.
>>
File: etw.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
etw.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
>>14608869
Consider a Fiesta ST,
light and enough horses to keep you happy

actually has usable back seats and a trunk
>>
>>14613587
Cooling is fine, you're probably not driving fast enough
>>
>>14613691
yes and no

bad thermostat placement, if you have to stop at a light after some spirited driving and gun it again as it goes green it kills the engine.
>>
>>14613810
Literally never heard of this or seen this before.

Just replace the thermostat with a low temperature variant, that's what I did
>>
>>14608892
>10 extra horsepower
>>
>>14609588
>implying cars aren't driven, and that the depreciation comes from age, not use
people like you are idiots. enjoy your 2500$ shitboxes
>>
File: Scion-FRS1.jpg (81KB, 616x316px) Image search: [Google]
Scion-FRS1.jpg
81KB, 616x316px
>>14609788
It's a piece of shit meme car, stupid people just like them cuz they are small and aren't smart enough to realize there are cars that are small and fast. Pic related, miata hardtop
>>
>>14614184
>Meme car
>has been called one of the greatest cars of the generation by some of the biggest names in the motor industry

I swear almost everyone on this board is a retarded bus rider
>>
File: 1443417511136.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1443417511136.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>14614208
>has been called one of the greatest cars of the generation by some of the biggest names in the motor industry
a car with a whopping 150lb-ft torque, and fuel efficient prius tires. cry me a river and go back to jalopnik. car is garbage. mid-6 0-60 in 2016? come the fuck on shill.

enjoy your bus. i'll enjoy my "real" sports car
>>
>>14614208
Yes the 86 twins have been called the greatest car of this generation and won more car of the year awards than any other car in history./o/'s stupidest still slate it having never driven one because they are jealous of people who have a none minimum wage job.
>>
>>14612536
Thinks that its a new engine. Retard.
>>
>>14612694
The 1.5 is actually the better Miata. It might have less power but it is a more fun engine. If you are going to buy the ND at any point I'd have to say get that over the 2L.
>>
File: feet.jpg (87KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
feet.jpg
87KB, 768x960px
>>14614801
>buying slow cars that cost half a years income for most
only bus riders do this. sorry
>>
>>14614801
>Yes the 86 twins have been called the greatest car of this generation and won more car of the year awards than any other car in history

source? because i seriously doubt this
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.