[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mysterious object in my 2003 F150's transfer case.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I found this when I opened up my transfer case. I have no idea what it is so I turned to 4chan to see if the meme gods can help.
>>
>>14608677
You've seen a choke on a shotgun before, yeah? That's basically the same thing, but for a penis.
>>
>>14608687
I've already tried that

Next
>>
>>14608677

So you ever wonder how aliens keep track of the specimens they space fucked and probed?... I have bad news for you OP...
>>
>>14608677
>so I turned to 4chan to see if the meme gods can help.

So what'd they say?
>>
>>14608677
i don't know what that is but stop biting your fucking nails
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x746px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x746px
>>14608677
That there's a Dankometer. Now use it to rate my meme.
>>
>>14608697
No meme gods have helped yet.

>>14608697
I don't bite my nails they are actually longer than I'd like.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Another picture
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>14608747
>>
That's a fishing bobber, someone is playing a joke on you OP
>>
>>14608747
looks like a trans-gasket differential. dont know what it would be doing there tho
>>
take it to the dealer and ask. /o/ is full of fucking children that can barely managed to do a proper oil change, not the sort of faggots you want to be getting advise from
>>
>>14608677
>>14608747
>>14608752
That there's a kanuter valve from the coupler bearing assembly. They say you'll get that on some of those bigger, longer jobs.
>>
>>14608770

This. I come here for laughs.
>>
>>14608763
Thank you. How important is it and how do I get it back. I'm going to have to take off the trans anyways

>>14608770
I'm learning that very quickly.
>>
Dude that's your tranny thermostat, put it back before starting the car.
>>
That is pretty obviously a sector cam, it attaches to the main bearing assembly in the transfer case.
It's used for timing the gear shifts.
>>
The meme gods have come through.
>>
Its your cars penis. Congrats, it's a boy!
>>
It's the flute valve, clean it, oil it, and put it back.
Learn your car before you try working on it.
>>
Washer for the bath in the back
>>
It's a coolant valve, it helps with oiling the gears, not a necessary part, but will make your transfer box last longer.
>>
Cannot believe anybody hasn't jumped in yet on this.
It is a temporary plug installed in the dip stick filler tube hole in the transmission by the manufacturer.
During vehicle final assembly, when installing the dip stick tube, it is pushed into the pan.

If you found it in there, it means (most likely) that the pan has never been removed from that transmission before.
>>
File: 1395851127_2014-02-28-02.44.54.jpg (61KB, 455x518px) Image search: [Google]
1395851127_2014-02-28-02.44.54.jpg
61KB, 455x518px
I have a pic of op if anyone is interested.
>>
>>14608875
>During vehicle final assembly, when installing the dip stick tube, it is pushed into the pan.
That's a terrible manufacturing process. What if it clogs the fluid pickup or gets in the way of a solenoid valve or planetary gears?
>>
Cars are dumb why would I know how to work on them. Call a plumber.
>>
>>14608747
It's an American-designed dreidel
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.