[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honda Prelude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

gonna go look at a $5k 2001 prelude this weekend. what's /o/'s take on this car? seems like a mediocre sport coupe, but i'm a mediocre guy so i think it kinda suits me
>>
>>14608079
>fwd anything
>being a "sport" coupe

Yeah, you're the type of person Honda loves
>>
>>14608079
They look faster than they are

chicks would dig
>>
>>14608089

I mean, it's not as bad as the scion tc, is it?
>>
>>14608115
Those look mint though
>>
>>14608115

Well the tC is just a corolla with a body kit, but I mean if you're considering between the two the prelude has a higher chance of being abused and not in good condition than the tC. Imo the Prelude looks better
>>
For 5k it's probably not, but is it an SH?
>>
>>14608127

i'm driving anything that looks mint for a while, buddy.

>>14608144

i feel like the prelude has less pretension than the tc - it's not trying as hard to look sporty. looks mostly unmolested in the photos, gonna have my mechanic look at it as well

>>14608171
i don't think it's an SH. haven't seen the car myself, but it's not listed as an SH, and the bottom trim is black, which usually means a base model right?
>>
>>14608181
Yeah having a black trim at the bottom means it's base.
>>
>>14608181
>thinking photos show the full extent of molestation
>pants concealing that stretched butthole
>>
>>14608202
>not reading the rest of the sentence
>>
>>14608210
Can you give a link to the ad m8
>>
If you're really into 90's hondas, enjoy. They were good looking cars.

Otherwise, have fun replacing aged rubber and plastic.
>>
>>14608115
...unless the prelude is auto don't buy it
>>
>>14608213
http://madison.craigslist.org/ctd/5457917745.html
>>
>>14608226
Prelude auto transmissions are known to be terrible, don't listen to this man
>>
>>14608226

auto trans are trash on preludes, i'm hoping you just mistyped
>>
>>14608236
Also not bad OP. I'm trying to compare the price to what you can get here in the Bay Area and that Prelude is miles better than what I'm seeing. It was posted up 17 days ago, and could have been up for longer possibly, so try talking them down below 4500.
>>
>>14608284

is 4k a reasonable price to start with, hoping for 4.5k, or should i start lower? keep in mind the haggling has to be wisconsin nice
>>
>>14608079
>5000 dollars
This had better be the cleanest fucking car out there.
>>
>>14608322

i guess i'll find out this weekend
>>
>>14608079
I've always loved them. I really like the wide and low look that this generation of Prelude has. No way in hell I would drop $5k on one though. These sporty Hondas have almost always been beat on; Prelude, Integra GSR/Type R, Civic Si, and the H22A in the Prelude has a reputation for burning oil after high miles and hard use. It uses a fiber reinforced cylinder liner that turns out isn't as durable as Honda thought.

If you test drive it, try to catch it at a time when it's stone cold. As early as possible right when the dealership opens would be good. Look for smoke out the tailpipe on the cold start.

I'd pass unless you happened to find a 40k mileage model in immaculate condition specimen for $5k.

>>14608268
Exactly the opposite.
I've driven a couple of auto Preludes and theyre fucking horrible. The "manu-matic" bumpshift bullshit takes nearly a second between shifts. That, and automatics suck shit in general.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.