[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about automobiles that appeal to you so much, /o/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: 540.jpg (108KB, 539x810px) Image search: [Google]
540.jpg
108KB, 539x810px
What is it about automobiles that appeal to you so much, /o/?
>>
>>14607834
its like the contemporary horse, Its a combination of status, utility, and freedom
>>
Stickin' me knob in the tailpipe does it for me.
>>
File: 1439069445561.jpg (537KB, 2300x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1439069445561.jpg
537KB, 2300x1528px
Because it's a culmination of everything engineering.

Hundreds of thousands of hours have been poured into making cars lighter, faster, and better. Absolutely beautiful. Cars are absolute works of art, not only from an engineering standpoint, but also from a technical one.

We've got stuff from the space shuttle on cars now.

Because I can't own a fighter jet.

It's also one of the last bastions of freedom.. Cars are slowly becoming more regulated by day. It's one of the last few things that lets us have fairly unchained pieces of equipment, even if it means skirting the law a bit. (But not so much as guns.. converting a gat to full auto is a great ticket to federal prison)
>>
File: 52fcf31865a40.jpg (180KB, 1189x900px) Image search: [Google]
52fcf31865a40.jpg
180KB, 1189x900px
>>14607834

I don't know man, they just look cool, I guess
>>
File: DSC_0193.jpg (947KB, 1205x1800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0193.jpg
947KB, 1205x1800px
I like all mechanical things, probably because Legos
>>
>>14607873

From an artistic standpoint and engineering. Can't fucking type tonight.
>>
>>14607834

I was really, really obsessed with Initial D and I've never gotten over it
>>
It's all about freedom with me. Living in a somewhat rural part of Florida, where if I wanted to hang out with any of my friends, the closest thing to do other than loiter outside a publix was to watch a movie, where the closest theater was over 15 miles away. None of us wanted our parents dropping us off, because then they would worry and judge your friends and want to know all about our plans blah blah blah. So when I got a car, I could just go and parents wouldn't know the difference if I was going to Publix or the Strip clubs.

The sense of freedom pushed me to get a car, and then working on it helped bond me with my father, who was always away on business when I grew up. He works from home now, so he had time to help me fix up a shitbox, and figure out how my car worked (just a corolla he recommended). So mix it all together and cars are what helped bring me closer to my friends and my family, and I've grown an appreciation for them because of this. Sorry for the blog.
>>
This >>14607849, this, >>14607873, and I'll add that the combination of danger and skill involved in high performance driving is fascinating and exiting.
>>
File: p26.jpg (334KB, 1425x1729px) Image search: [Google]
p26.jpg
334KB, 1425x1729px
Yes
>>
File: 1457540757052-619962274.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1457540757052-619962274.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
the beautiful intricate workings that all must work together to propel humans faster than we were ever physically designed to move. that a clutch has has any major changes in the last say 70 or so years but still is relevant today and nothing besides an autotrajic or double clutch has been designed as ax better replacement.

and it kills me how everyone just expects it all to work at the turn of a key. They think A/C is just a compressor and a button when theres all this and more
>pic related
>>
fun
looks nice
something to distract me from my meaningless life
>>
File: that_is_my_fetish.jpg (89KB, 675x565px) Image search: [Google]
that_is_my_fetish.jpg
89KB, 675x565px
>>14607834
In a word? Character.

I love cars because I see then as stories. As characters. Like maybe they're challengers and underdogs like Japan trying to break into the sports market, or Konnigobongo's dream.

They're stories like Caroll Shelby or the Ford Ferrari rivalry. Or more so Ferrucio vs Enzo.

I like looking at cars like Hudsons or even like the Testarossa and see how they're such symbols of the time. The good stays, the bad goes.

I like the passion people feel for their brands, and yeah, even the shitposting between the z06 and the GTR, because it brings people together.

It's fun man, it's just fun. To look at cars as like ambassadors from a country, of the feelings and values. Jaguars and Astons from gentlemen, Challengers and Shelbys from brute badasses, LFAs from technology driven companies, or a super ridiculous Pagani that's all about feeling.

Cars are just tools after all, but it's cool to see the way each country interprets the same concept, and even how people will take it so far to make their production car their own by modding it. It's freedom and individuality too.
>>
>>14607849
>>14607873
>>14607936
>>14607940
>>14610526
A combination of all of these for me.
When I find a road that's safe to drive fast as I please, it's a unique and exhilarating experience, even in a shitbox. That and caring for a car gives that horse and rider feeling. Each has its own character, two of the same car can have different quirks too... the list is long and often described with emotion.
>>
>>14610093
Muh nig.
I've been fawning over that sexy beast in that color since childhood me saw one back in like 96'
>>
File: i-like-turtles.jpg (11KB, 337x219px) Image search: [Google]
i-like-turtles.jpg
11KB, 337x219px
I like cars.
>>
>>14607834
Mostly ripping skids
>>
The speed. Speed isn't just a number, it's a state of mind.
>>
i liek 2 go fast
>>
File: 17155769541_35466796bb_k.jpg (777KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
17155769541_35466796bb_k.jpg
777KB, 2048x1365px
>>14610093
"yes"

isnt a valid answer try again and you cant say Need For Speed
>>
>>14610124
what book is this from?
>>
Not particularly a car guy, just like driving..

It's like freedom sometimes.

I may not be particularly good against any other but it's just like driving against the road.

..and its nice.

Looking forward to having my first rwd car, although it's probably like learning to drive again.

Original fertiliser donut steel.
>>
The (sometimes questionable) engineering that went into their design. I love having an electromechanical system under the hood that I understand and can modify/repair and that enables me to go fast if I want to.
>>
>>14607849
That would be a motorcycle.
>>
>>14607834
freedom
speed
noise
something to play with
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.