[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

car design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160308_140442.jpg (64KB, 494x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160308_140442.jpg
64KB, 494x368px
Why do only SUVs and hatch/wagons have wipers on the rear windshield?

>(With the exception of some sports cars e.g. 90's Toyota Celica (Rally), Mitsubishi 3000GT)

Does it have to do with fluid dynamics? Will rain water not accumulate as much on the rear of most sedans?

Asplain
>>
Can't be mounted on a trunk lid and would look unsightly mounted into the glass?

All the cars I've seen with rear wipers have them mounted to the hatch that moves with the glass.
>>
>>14605609
I wish my civic had a rear wiper. Just to get the dew off in the morning.
>>
>Does it have to do with fluid dynamics?

Yes it does. The near vertical rear windshields cause an aerodynamic low pressure zone that causes a cyclonic motion. This cyclonic motion pushes suspended dirt and water to the windshield. On a sedan the more fluid motion over the windshield pushes water towards the back.
>>
every fucking I ever drove, or owned with a rear wiper, it had no fucking use at all. like rain would never fall on the glass as long as your going like 10mph.
it was usefull in getting snow off, or cleaning the glass sure. but useless in the rain.

on the other hand every single fucking car that doesnt not have a rear wiper is where its needed the most.
cant see shit out the rear cause rain is falling/sliding down the glass even at 60mph.
clean the snow off the car, start driving, it just slides from the roof, to the rear glass.

I dont know what the fuck it is.
my two coupe hatchbacks have it, its useless.
my shitty crossover has it, useless
my civic didnt have one, was horrible without it
accord didnt have one, horrible without it
nissan didnt have one, fucking needed it more than anything else.

I dont get who decided which car gets the rear wiper.
>>
I had one, but I converted it into an anti-tailgater device.
>>
File: image.jpg (280KB, 960x429px)
image.jpg
280KB, 960x429px
>>14605609
I have one on pic related, never use it.

Also had one on a 03 celica GTS, didn't use it there either I wouldn't worry about it op.
>>
>>14606122
its called moving over, and letting them pass you fucking degenerate old timer
>>
>>14606179

I do not travel within posted limits in my personal vehicle on the rare occasions I drive it. People do not tailgate my car because I am going slow, or because they want to pass. Generally my car never gets tailgated. Only time I've actually been able to use the cussed thing in three years was as an offensive device. Basically, I was following my dad on the highway in his new car I had driven him to get. Empty highway, late at night, we come up on a tractor trailer with a white sedan crammed up it's ass. Just as my dad goes by, the white sedan lane changes and starts following my dad with about a carlength of space between them. I saw that, downshifted, ripped past the fucker at ~8k and slammed on my brakes while lane changing in between the two of them while laying into the squirter. Fucking guy panicked, backed the fuck off. I'm confident it wasn't the washer fluid that scared him, my car is not very quiet to say the least.
>>
>>14605609
Because the people who designed these cars came to the conclusion that you don't need them on angled rear windows.
>>
>>14606108
This
>>
I've noticed that a lot of Japanese domestic cars, especially older ones include rear wipers on all body styles including sedans.
For example Nissan skylines which were all predominantly coupe/sedan all had them on the rear window.

>>14606108
Holy god this so much, perfectly put. I'd pay extra money to have the option of a rear wiper.
>>
>>14606254
Why would you do that?
Go on a Hungarian trout molesting board and lie anonymously
>>
>Work night shift
>every single fucking time it's time to go home there is four inches of dew collected on the rear window
>dont want to wipe it off with filthy gloves
>guess im driving blind in the rear

Christ I want a rear window wiper.
>>
>>14606108
Same here. Even though it's entirely useless on my car, I still turn it off just because I love the synchronized timing front and rear wipers activate.
>>
>>14607042
I know that feel bro
>>
Why do you pussies care so much about rearview? My rear view mirror snapped off and my back window is tinted too dark to see out of (previous owner) but goddamn.
>>
>>14607042
Dude just get a small window squeegee, works great for wiping off dew without smearing crap all over.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.