[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A mechanic told me he could fix my car for $500 and gave me a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: mfw im a fairy.jpg (19KB, 279x492px) Image search: [Google]
mfw im a fairy.jpg
19KB, 279x492px
A mechanic told me he could fix my car for $500 and gave me a guarantee and a warranty that it would work.

Of course, it didnt work and the issue came back five seconds into test driving the car.

Now hes saying my problem is a seperate issue and says he cant fix it. Hes also insisting on me paying him the full $500 and wont give me my car back.

What the fuck do I do? Do I call the police? Steal the car back?
>>
Hmmm... If it were me I'd say "come on man you didn't fix the problem so I'm not going to pay you. Now give me my car back please."
Although I wouldn't put it so harshly or he might get mean about it, considering he's holding from you a problematic car and holding it from you over $500.
>>
Use you second pair of keys to sneaky sneak the fuck out
>>
What exactly is the issue with your car?
>>
>>14597395
At first he said it was a couple issues with the engine. Just a list of several smaller things.

Now hes saying the PCM needs to be replaced.
>>
How much is the car worth?

Go and be reasonable with the guy and pay him for parts costs, but not for labor. That seems like the fair thing to do. Don't take his word on the cost of parts either if he decides that they cost $500.

Legally, I'm pretty sure your fucked if there was no contract or signing of papers or anything. Most good car shops have rules on this type of thing already planned out.

If the guy isn't reasonable, your best bet is to go to the police, tell them EVERYTHING, and then listen to whatever advice they give you. Then maybe go to the guy IN PERSON with a couple of big meaty friends and ask again kindly, with a sadistic smile on your faces, if he will take the the money for the parts and let you have your car.
>>
>>14597418
Is stealing it back a good idea?
>>
>>14597424
"Is forcefully taking property a good idea?"
>>
>>14597428
Isnt he forcefully yaking my property?

There has to be another way then just suck it up and pay him. He literally lied to my face and is refusing to follow his end of the bargain.

Am I suppose to call the police on the spot?
>>
>>14597440
Stop asking here like an autist and call police or get someone smarter then you to figure it out.
>>
>Faggot mechanic replaces $40 worth of fuses and expects $500
>Fuses immediately blow again
Go source a used PCM yourself for like $80 and have him install it under the impression then he'll get his $500. Pay him $500 minus the cost of the parts you provided

Next time, record any guarantees your mechanic makes. Also, always "steal back" your car if a mechanic is trying to hold it. Possession is 9/10 of the law.
>>
>>14597399
What is the fucking problem with the car? Do you have a check engine light? If so, what codes? If not, what's it doing? Detail, detail, detail.
>>
>get your car stolen by a mechanic
>plus $500
>after 'paying' him
>asking on a romanian apple market discussion forum as to what to do

>whites
>>
>>14597351
What does the written estimate say?
>>
>>14597440
>forcefully yaking my property
You got gaped bro.
>>
any updates OP?
>>
Murder him then take your car back. Scum needs to be removed from the Earth and god can't do it all on his own
>>
>>14597418
If there's no contract or receipt then the shop is fucked. There is no evidence that he said he would repair your car. For all the courts know, OP could've just taken his car to get checked out and the shop won't release the car back to him.
>>
>>14598242
>written estimate
>>14598754
>no contract
Which is it OP?
>>
>>14597351
what the fuck is that, and where does it reside so I never go there
>>
>>14598766
It looks like a Luna Moth, they're everywhere. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>14599247
It's a moth, but not a luna moth. Luna moths have tails on the ends of their wings. The more you know.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.