/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fiat 500/Subcompact Cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Hi fagg/o/ts

How suitable is a Fiat 500 Abarth as a first car? I want something practical for the city, fun, and easy to learn manual on. I don't haul shit, and at most I'll have a bike or kayak.

Thoughts? Are there any other good options for compact/subcompact cars?
>>
>>14596720

fiesta st

most people say the fiesta st is the better car, but the abarth is more fun/interesting
>>
>>14596742
How much larger is it compared to the 500? I need something small.
>>
Wait for the Fiat 124 Spider. Same engine, rwd, manual, a real sports car.
>>
>>14596797
It's also priced at 40k Eurobucks, and is in a completely different class than the 500 Abarth.
>>
why not Honda Fit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1CA8g8JhaI
>>
>>14596990

Why would you recommend one of the most hateful things in existence as a first car to anyone?
>>
EU? NA? China? The moon?
>>
>>14597183
compact, reliable, practical, efficient.

In europe they're mostly owned by old people so it's easy to find low mileage cars that aren't beaten to shit (yet)

Perfect first car if you don't mind working on it from time to time.
>>
>>14597229
I meant to write 'if you don't WANT to work on it from time to time'
>>
>>14596720
I like the Fiat 500 Abarth but I have to laugh every time I see some young kid driving one trying to look hard.
>>
>>14596841
Oh then just get a BMW 1M it is way better than the Fiat.
>>
>>14597183
Why the hate? Honda Fit(Jazz) has a great chassis. It handles changes in direction very well. It's great for someone who is not used to driving because it actually turn better than you think.
>>
Bump for reliability meme verification

I'm on a similar boat OP, I love that thing
>>
>>14597275
Could you please stop being retarded please?
>>
>>14597685
Less than average reliability, cramped engine bay
>>
File: 1437510659755.jpg (144KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1437510659755.jpg
144KB, 803x688px
>>14597701
>Less than average

We're not talking about Audi o Volkswagen engines m8
>>
>>14597701
What tends to go out in em?
>>
>>14596720
shut up and buy a civic for <5k.
>>
>>14596720
>>14596742
I'm with this guy, I looked at them briefly, but the Fiesta ST really is great and has the advantage of 4 doors and large aftermarket support.

A cursory glance at an Abarth forum, it seems pretty dead.
>>
>>14598067
>>14596742
>americans
>>
>>14596720
Fiat 500 basic trim is the best one because the Abarth is unreliable due to complexity

Fiesta/Focus are shit because of the turbo
>>
>>14596720
Buy a fiesta, a note or a fit.
The 500 is pretty unpractical and its just as reliable as a chevy spark.
There's no reason to buy a 500 unless you can't park for shit and you want to pay more for a smaller car.
>>
buy a real shitbox. no matter how fast your fiat abarth is the fact remains that youll look like your the bitch and ur boyfriend is the butch
>>
>>14596720
Just buy a used mini cooper s.
In the end you'll end up spending the same and the mini s is way more exciting to drive and doesn't llok like a barbie car like the 500.
>>
>>14598140
>buying big cars because of small dick syndrome

This post summarizes the Usa
>>
>>14598146
The Mini is also way WAY more unreliable than the Abarth and when you get inside you'll instantly go back to the 90s.
>>
>>14596720
There's this one fuccboi at my work with that Abarth. Every morning I hear his shitty fart exhaust buzzing down the street. The he comes into the parking lot and zooms into a spot. He then looks at his car to make sure his "ITALBOB" novelty license plate looks good.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.